Beef it's what's for dinner... alot

Options
How much beef does everyone eat? The fiance is having a hard time understanding that it's okay that we eat a lot of red meat because it's grass-fed. But how much is too much? We eat pork, lamb, chicken, duck, bison too but we'll have something with ground beef in it at lunch and then dinner will also be beef. This probably happens multiple times a week because steak has become our replacement for take out because it's so quick and easy.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The only issue I think is that today many of us eat too much muscle meat and not enough fat and organs. Red meat is NOT unhealthy at all but we need those other parts as well. Grass fed or wild animals are a terrific source of the most bio-available omega 3 fats. Yum.

I'm very much a animal food lover, and recently I was able to get my diet to almost entirely grass fed and wild meats, but between my child and I we only consume about one pound of meat per day. That's not exactly a lot of meat. I would eat more if I so desired (try just to eat to satiety) but I also eat lots of healthy fats and am learning to eat more organs as well. I'm a work in progress.

Beef is my favourite; I never get tired of steak. Steak that is still "mooing". :love:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If it is high quality, grass fed meat I don't think there is an issue. Any ancestor would have eaten what was available to him or her. This is what is available to YOU.