I Ate My First: "Fat Bomb". It Was Great!

DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I just ate my first fat bomb. It is called: Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bomb

Alison (who is on this group) made the recipe on her blog:

http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/chocolate-fat-bombs/

I put it into my mouth, and it was like the best candy bar I'd ever eaten. :tongue: It was so smooth when it melted in my mouth. I love chocolate and peanut butter combinations and this was as good as a Reese's Pieces. It also had a hint of coconut flavor (unrefined Coconut oil is in the recipe). Wonderful!

The only deviation from her recipe that I made was that I used Splenda instead of Stevia. I didn't have any Stevia, but I will purchase some for the next time I do the recipe.

Next time I might add some whole peanuts or pecans into the mixture to add a little texture.

I logged the ingredients in MyFitnessPal as a recipe, so its a snap just entering in one portion when logging the snack.

:flowerforyou: Thank you Alison! :happy:

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    That sounds really good :love:
    I must never try it:noway:
    I fear those 42 i lost will be found in no time because the concept of moderation is alien to me:blushing: glad you enjoyed it though :happy:
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Dan you give the best reviews for my food!! I appreciate it so much! I almost put half an almond in each mold of the batch I made today but I'm kind of low on almonds right now. I've also put in 2-3 dark chocolate chips in each one before too for a little added crunch; that obviously changes the macros though.

This put such a big smile on my face after a really bad week - thank you for trying them, enjoying them and reporting back!!

Alison
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    I love love fat bombs, but I have to be careful....i can run over my calorie goal really quickly. I do always keep a supply in the freezer though. I've got chocolate peanut butter and lemon cr. cheese in there right now. I found one with jello and HWC on pinterest too. Actually, if you search fat bombs on pinterest, there are a ton of recipes. Allison's sound lovely too.
  • laurakane1108
    laurakane1108 Posts: 20 Member
    you can also try some unsweetened coconut for a different taste. I love fat bombs!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Alison, it not me that makes the good recipes, its you! As long as you keep them simple, I'll be eating them...

Keep up the good work...

Today I went to store and got some Stevia. To use the next time.

:love: Thank you for creating your website,:wink:

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Thanks for this post. New to LCHF/Keto and this weekend I was fighting some cravings....I love Reese's and peanut butter, so I am def going to try these!
  • cocoa 'nibs' are a good way to add crunch without sugar!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    cocoa 'nibs' are a good way to add crunch without sugar!

I LOVE cocoa nibs!!!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    So glad the forums are back up, I was going through withdrawals the past few days...

So, back to topic. I made my first attempt at a fat bomb...total fail. But I know why. I used PB2 instead of real peanut butter...Will try again this weekend.