Weekly Challenge - Exercise Challenge

Options
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would get us started on this weeks. Running from Sep 19th - 25th. This weeks exercise challenge: Add an additional 30 min to your regular exercise routine at least 3-4 times a week.

It's as simple as that. Over the next 6 days pump up your exercise routine and add in some challenges to what you normally do 3-4 times to stay active.

Share in this form what you did and whenever you have complete the challenge, give yourself one point on your spreadsheet.

Good Luck!

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'll stat us off. I did a 26 mile ride today trying a new course that had several long and difficult hills. I climbed to a total of 750 feet. Wich is the highest I have ever gone. In reward I was able to go down hill at 35.7 mph!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like the reward...the downward speed, but the uphill climb...wow..that had to be tough!! Good on you that you did it! I still need to get my steps in, so will take a nap first ( :-) then get up and walk!! Sounds like a plan to me....unless I don't get up and keep sleeping...but not much of a chance for that since I can only power nap about 15 minutes!!! Til later......nancy
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Pat, I forgot to ask you about the spreadsheet. I am totally ignorant about the spreadsheets....and this is not going to help either! OK, so I am working in the middle east...no big surprise...so when I 'open' any of the google spreadsheets, they are in Arabic....entirely in Arabic...with the exception of what the author...like yourself puts on the spreadsheet. I can not read Arabic...so I am just filling in the spaces that others also fill in. But I still can't read the spreadsheet basic instructions at the top of the spreadsheets. Is there any way to convert it to English? Any menu button to click to convert it to English. This happens sometimes when I try and open 'yahoo' on the computers at work, and it opens up to the arabic version of yahoo....but there is a menu button to click to convert to English. Any thoughts on this???
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Hi Nancy,

Ok so the issue is probably your browsers language settings. If you can change those then the spreadsheet should show in English (or whatever setting you set the browser too). If you let me know the browser your using then I can tell you how to change it. If you have a google documents account you can set your language preferences in the google documents settings.

Another option is to open the link through google translate and let it translate it back.

If none of that works let me know and I will attach screen shots in english so you know what everything is.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Got in double walking today for 20,000 steps.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thanks Pat, I will see what I can do from my end with the brower. I open the spreadsheets with Safari, and I do not have a google document account (not even sure that what is...see I am ignorant with computer technology!) I will get back to you if I can't follow the instructions you mentoned.

Nancy
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Pat, I opened both browers...but I can't find anything about ...well anything! lol I don't know where I am looking for the language change thingy. I use Safari and Google Chrome. I went up to the menu bar on each, but I don't know what it is that I open to work on the language.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Nancy, in Chrome if you go to the controls (the three horizontal bars right below the close button) go down to settings and once there scroll down and click on show advanced settings. Once there, scroll down to Languages and click on Language and input settings. That should allow you to change the browser language settings. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

For this challenge I added an extra 30 minutes to my Saturday workout. I normally play tennis, but I added in chopping some wood for a neighbor (makes you pretty sore after a while) and I walked up a total of 40 flights of stairs. The stairs were to get to the top of a water slide at some hot springs so it was totally worth it each time haha.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Here is a video on how to do it in google chrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olw41W484Cs
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thanks Pat and Zac...it is 0200 and I need to go back to sleep. Will look at the instructions in the morning when I can focus more. Have a good night folks!

nancy
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Went on two bike rides today.