Recipes!

Options
ajax041813
ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
I didn't see a post in here for recipes for us all to share so I thought I'd start one. If there is one already, sorry I didn't look hard enough!

Lunch today was egg salad on butter lettuce leaves with bacon crumbled on top! Here's my easy egg salad:

5 hard boiled eggs, peeled (of course!, though a pain in my side! Still haven't perfected that one yet....)
1/2 hass avocado
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp turmeric

Mix these well and spoon onto leaves and top with bacon! This served 2 people and was very yummy!!!!!

Replies

• SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    sounds delish
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • ajax041813
    Options
    Here are two more recipes:

Chicken & Spinach Casserole

1lb ground chicken
    3 cups spinach & kale
    5 garlic cloves, chopped
    20 olives
    1/8 cup lemonaise
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 zucchini sliced in rounds
    1/2 bag frozen cauliflower, about 5oz.

Steam cauliflower while cooking other food.
    Brown the chicken, place in large bowl.
    Sautee the greens with bacon fat and garlic Pulse this in food processor or chop before cooking, just so it's not stringy. Pour into bowl with chicken
    Chop olives and pour into bowl with chicken and spinach.
    Add lemonaise (or mayonnaise) and sour cream. Mix well
    Slice zucchini into thin rounds, mine were as thin as I could cut them!..
    Place steamed cauliflower on bottom of 8x8 greased baking dish.
    Pour chicken mixture over this and top with zucchini.
    Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I chopped garlic in my food processor, poured that out into a small dish until I was ready for it, then chopped olives in there. Then I pulsed the cooked spinach in it. You could do it before you cook it or not at all. I don't like cooked spinach all that much and I don't like the stringiness so it's better for me for it to be smaller. I should have sliced the zucchini in the processor but I didn't think about it until after my processor was messy. I used lemonaise as that is what we have for mayonnaise. I can tolerate certain dairy products, like sour cream and butter, but not chesse. The 8x8 dish made 4 servings for us. Here is the breakdown per serving:

Calories: 318
    Carbs: 10
    Fat: 24
    Protein: 33
    Sodium 335
    Sugar: 2

For me this is a great recipe. You can use less veggies for a lower carb count and more fat if you need/want to. I did put some salt and pepper on the zucchini before cooking and again once I dished it out. I might add some more flavor next time, some spices with the ground chicken, maybe a little onion. I just didn't this time and it was still pretty good. I hope you enjoy!
  • ajax041813
    Options
    Here is the second recipe, a dairy free fat bomb!!!

Chocolate Coconut Fat Bomb

12oz creamed coconut
    4oz unsweetened baking chocolate
    2 tbsp. Swerve sweetener
    10 drops sweet leaf liquid stevia, vanilla flavor
    1 tsp vanilla

I made a double boiler by placing a large glass bowl over a small pot of water and turned the heat up high until it boiled.
    I put the coconut and chocolate in the bowl in pieces and once I saw the things melting I kept stirring constantly.
    Once there were no large chunks I started stirring with a whisk.
    I added the Swerve, Sweet Leaf and vanilla.
    Stirring until everything is well combined. It started to look like it was thickening, possibly from the heat so I took it off heat and stirred a little bit longer.
    I poured into greased molds, one mold is 1 teaspoon a serving and then I used regular muffin tin which was 2.5 tsp a serving.

Here is the breakdown per teaspoon/serving:

Calories 62
    Carbs: 2
    Fat: 6
    Protein:1
    Sodium: !
    Sugar: 0

Just to let you all know, please double check the recipes when you enter them manually. At first it found all my ingredients but they were all wrong and I was looking at macros going, no way. So I double checked them and part was my error entering information and partly you just have to look until you find the one entry with the same information that your package has. It's a bit of a pain but I wanted to make sure these recipes were accurate.

Here's a question, does anyone know if fat bombs have to be a certain percentage of fat/protein//carb ratio? Is there a formula to follow? I am mostly dairy free so lots of fat bombs come from cream cheese or things I can't tolerate. I'm just wanting to make sure I make them to benefit me the most. Thanks!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    BEST CHICKEN NUGGETS EVER!

i bought pre-cut chicken nuggets (frozen, uncooked) from my grocer, but you could cut-up your own chicken into nuggets

breading = finely ground pork rinds + finely grated parmesan cheese (such that you would put on pizza, spaghetti, etc.) + finely ground walnuts

i only did 1 oz. of walnuts, which is 2 net carbs for the entire meal. i "eyeballed it" on the ground pork rinds + parmesan cheese, but if i had to guess, i would say 1 bag of pork rinds and about 1 cup of parmesan cheese

i marinated the chicken for a few hours in a combination of:
    mayo, mustard, heavy whipping cream - again, i just poured it all in until i could wisk it into a nice marinade. salt & pepper the chicken, then pour the marinade and let it set.

lightly scramble a few eggs and take the marinated chicken nuggets and dip them into the egg, then into the ground breading mixture. put directly into pre-heated coconut oil over a low/medium heat. (i used a wok, but you could use an electric skillet or a deep fryer) i cooked nuggets 4 minutes, turned them over, did 3 more minutes. they cook fast because they are small. (think the size of chickFila nuggets) - if i were making my own, i would cut them larger OR do cutlets because it took FOREVER to cook them all!! (small batches!)
  • lulalacroix
    Options
    Here is the second recipe, a dairy free fat bomb!!!

Chocolate Coconut Fat Bomb

12oz creamed coconut
    4oz unsweetened baking chocolate
    2 tbsp. Swerve sweetener
    10 drops sweet leaf liquid stevia, vanilla flavor
    1 tsp vanilla

I made a double boiler by placing a large glass bowl over a small pot of water and turned the heat up high until it boiled.
    I put the coconut and chocolate in the bowl in pieces and once I saw the things melting I kept stirring constantly.
    Once there were no large chunks I started stirring with a whisk.
    I added the Swerve, Sweet Leaf and vanilla.
    Stirring until everything is well combined. It started to look like it was thickening, possibly from the heat so I took it off heat and stirred a little bit longer.
    I poured into greased molds, one mold is 1 teaspoon a serving and then I used regular muffin tin which was 2.5 tsp a serving.

Here is the breakdown per teaspoon/serving:

Calories 62
    Carbs: 2
    Fat: 6
    Protein:1
    Sodium: !
    Sugar: 0

Just to let you all know, please double check the recipes when you enter them manually. At first it found all my ingredients but they were all wrong and I was looking at macros going, no way. So I double checked them and part was my error entering information and partly you just have to look until you find the one entry with the same information that your package has. It's a bit of a pain but I wanted to make sure these recipes were accurate.

Here's a question, does anyone know if fat bombs have to be a certain percentage of fat/protein//carb ratio? Is there a formula to follow? I am mostly dairy free so lots of fat bombs come from cream cheese or things I can't tolerate. I'm just wanting to make sure I make them to benefit me the most. Thanks!

Sounds great, will try. But what the heck is creamed coconut?
  • lulalacroix
    Options
    Hot chocolate recipe. Super simple.

Use a ratio of water and heavy cream per cup. I used 3 parts water to one part heavy cream. But you can use more heavy cream if you like.

Place in pan on stove on medium. Add 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa and your favorite sweetener to taste. Whisk until blended. Cook until small bubbles appear - stirring frequently.

Enjoy.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate recipe. Super simple.

Use a ratio of water and heavy cream per cup. I used 3 parts water to one part heavy cream. But you can use more heavy cream if you like.

Place in pan on stove on medium. Add 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa and your favorite sweetener to taste. Whisk until blended. Cook until small bubbles appear - stirring frequently.

Enjoy.

OMG! i will be making that this weekend! that sounds SO GOOD. i love hot chocolate! :love: