Your paleo work lunches?

Options
I'm a lawyer and need to pack my lunch. In the past I was all about yogurt and sandwiches but I really want to stick to paleo and carbs under 75g. What do you pack for lunch that is paleo friendly? Thanks!

Replies

• Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love soup, especially this time of year. Sadly, the only microwave I have is in a huge hospital cafeteria so it takes a long time to heat up.

Chili, stew, meaty veggie soups are all filling and easy because you can make large quantities and freeze them so you have variety.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Leftovers! I try to cook enough at dinner so that I have leftovers the next day for lunch. Paleo dinner = Paleo lunch.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Same as above. Salads with tuna or chicken and olive oil. I totally depend on frozen veggies too. I'll grab a cup or two of brocolli or green beans and a leftover piece of meat - maybe I've precooked some chicken breast or hamburgers. It's so much about prepping!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Anything suggestions for things to prep sunday night and eat for the week? I don't see myself cooking meat every night, I usually have salad and a sweet potato for dinner.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm really lucky because we have a kitchen at work. But I went ahead and bought a George Foreman for the kitchen, so I usually have a chicken thigh (cooked from frozen) and some veggies.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Anything suggestions for things to prep sunday night and eat for the week? I don't see myself cooking meat every night, I usually have salad and a sweet potato for dinner.

Do try and get some protein on your plate if you can. Add a piece of salmon or chicken if you don't enjoy meat.
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I subscribed to paleoplan.com to get meal planning ideas (not affiliated with the company/blog/whatever). They create a weekly meal plan, including breakfast lunch dinner and snack, and the shopping list that goes with it too. Not every recipe is great but it's helpful to have a barebones idea. I usually only use it for dinner and make extras for leftovers. I'm also a low-carb paleo gal. hope this helps.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just had a look through your diary - are you sure you are actually eating paleo? Many of the foods you have listed are far from paleo or primal. I find the easiest lunch if you want to prepare ahead on a Sunday is to cook up a whole lot of chicken breasts (poached, bbq or whatever you prefer), let it cool then freeze. I usually cut them in half and put them in the fridge overnight, add to a salad in the morning, dressing on the side and you're good to go - also do the same with steak. I usually cook 2-3 kg at a time. If I'm disorganised then I always have cans of tuna I can use instead. Leftovers are also my other lunch option - green chicken curry etc are easy lunches for the next couple of days. Hope that helps :-)
  • slimjaques
    slimjaques Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I try to cook a few things on Sunday and then pack them into glass bowls to take to work. Easy to grab in the morning. My FAVORITE is Curry Chicken - (I do several types) - packed with veggies and made with whole coconut milk. This week, I have an artichoke/chicken/tomato stew going. Paleo chili (OMG - the BEST!) would be great but my husband always polishes it all off before I can pack any left-overs. If I grill, I always grill extra (no additional work) to have for salads/lunches. Hard boiled eggs are great to take as well - and I noticed that you can get pouches of almond butter at Whole Foods that would be good with apples or celery.

Good luck!!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I usually try to cook a bunch of meals on Sunday and portion them out for the rest of the week. I put them in the freezer and then hit up the microwave at the office. Easy peasy.