My NSV...share yours

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
So, I am new to the low carb eating and still figuring out what works for me (and what doesn't). Couple of weeks in, I am retraining myself to eat more fat, because we all knew that fats make us fat...right? And to cut back on my breads, rice and other grain products.

Anyhow, today, I got a salad at this tiny place near work. I work in Downtown Boston, and there are tons of lunch places, but this place is always rocking. The food is awesome and very fresh (like the staff), but they make their own breads and they are the real reason folks pop in here. Anyhow, I thought about getting a sandwich and scrapping out the fillings to dump the bread. But, I knew I couldn't trust myself not to indulge. I figured I was safe getting a salad....well, little did I realize that the little old lady behind the counter threw in not one, but two fresh backed loaves...at least not until I got back to the office.

They are tempting, but I wrapped them up in the paper and plastic bags and shoved them in my bag to bring home to hubby...and have filled up on my yummy salad with dressing and cheese! I know seeing the scale move this morning after almost of a month of no movement helps to reinforce my willpower, but honestly, I am not even that tempted.

So yeah, that is my NSV and my SV for the day....probably the week...what's yours?!

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    excellent NSV.

my undies are too big

my jeans are too loose

my rings need to be re-sized
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My friend from work noticed I was wearing the same shirt today as the one I sent her a picture of during my vacation in June... She said, "We have to take a before and after." So we did

I hope this works

gU7nk_PcsnEbY2Vgpz_Ll6j4jMJ4Re2u-un8IChFgjw=s197-p-no
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    kkimpel... Very awesome pics :)

i went from "obese" to "overweight" in my BMI over the weekend :D
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    kkimpel... Very awesome pics :)

i went from "obese" to "overweight" in my BMI over the weekend :D

I loved that day... it took 3 years to get there.. but it was a good day AweSOME
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    SLJohnson1207, I am going to have to get my rings resized as well...just not yet. I have a little more to go!

KKimpel, you look like a younger, happier version of yourself. Congratulations!! It's so nice when others actually notice the results too!

JennyToy that is a great feeling!! Though I think it is crazy what they get away with calling Obese.

Thanks for sharing ladies!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have to get my rings sized AGAIN!

I have trouble finding a size 4 in the department store.