Tell Me About Your Fitbit

Options
Hi everyone,

It sounds like a lot of you are using a Fitbit. I don't have one yet but I think I should because they sound pretty helpful. Can you tell me about the model you use and why you like it? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip and I love it! I was looking at the more expensive ones and decided I was going to stick with my Zip. $48 vs $100. Sleep counter I don't need. I get up 3-4 x's a night to make water so I already know I don't get 6-8 straight hours of sleep. I also don't need the step counter as I only go up stairs once a week at church. So what the Zip does is great for me. Counts steps, miles, calories and tells time all at a glance. That's all I need. The rest is just fluff.
  • comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Melissa,

Also check out the post I made about two weeks ago entitled Walking apps and pedometers. There were some good responses in there. I plan on getting a Fitbit myself.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    For me, it is my #1 motivator to move more. Perfect for my purposes. It gets me moving. I love it, and will not be without it. I don't use the sleep function either. I have never had a problem sleeping. I really motivates me to reach my daily step goals.
  • Asheea
    Options
    I plan on getting a Fitbit myself.

Awesome! Do you have an idea which one you're going to get? Sorry, I'm just curious. :)
    I love Fitbit and I know you will too. :)
  • comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning Asheea! I'm not sure yet. I went to the Fitbit website and saw that they have the Flex, the One and the Zip. They all look pretty cool. I'm leaning towards the Flex though because I love the fact that it's a band. The other problem that I have is that I am not really technology savvy and the Flex seems like it may not be user friendly, so I might just go with the Flex. So confused. I hate choices! :)
  • Asheea
    Options
    Whoops! I just saw this. I've heard mixed reviews on the Flex. Most like it because it's a wrist thing instead of a clip. Some say it fudges the numbers while driving, or pushing things and others say it's right on the money. *shrug* Don't know on that.

If you don't care about the sleeping or stairs then I'd recommend a Zip. If you're curious about either of those two then I'd recommend the One. Both of those you can see your numbers at a glance and don't have to rely on a smartphone to see where you're at.

If you go to Fitbit.com you can do a product comparison and see which one fits your needs the most. Good luck!
  • monicabroadbentswearingen
    Options
    Have been reading all the post. Looked at these in Walmart the other day but I am not well informed with technology. I think it would be great to use if I can figure it out.
  • Asheea
    Options
    Have been reading all the post. Looked at these in Walmart the other day but I am not well informed with technology. I think it would be great to use if I can figure it out.

Honestly it just depends on what you're wanting from it. If you're not sure I'd say try the Zip which is the cheapest of the three. There is no thinking with either the Zip or One (don't know about the Flex because I've never had one). Just keep it on you either in a pocket or clipped to pants or bra and go. As long as you keep it on you you're golden. It does the rest.