Is it possible...

Options
zcb94
zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
to experience a long streak of "bad face days" with lots of acne, while changing your lifestyle? I'm getting a lot of that with my changes in habits, although my external skincare steps haven't changed. Is this normal? if not, what can I do besides asking my dermatologist?

Thanks so much!:smile:

Replies

• losingforgood120
    Options
    Yes. A lot of people report increases acne with weight loss. I don't think anyone knows "why" but it could possibly be from hormone changes.

So you could be patient see if it clears up on its own or see a dermatologist... or if you look back at some previous posts there are some evidence based diet changes you could try.

Good luck!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Yes. A lot of people report increases acne with weight loss. I don't think anyone knows "why" but it could possibly be from hormone changes.

So you could be patient see if it clears up on its own or see a dermatologist... or if you look back at some previous posts there are some evidence based diet changes you could try.

Good luck!
    Thanks! Now I don't feel so alone in experiencing this symptom. You mention evidence-based dieting. What are some examples that I should definitely ask my healthcare team about?