New to Atkins

Options
I started induction on Sunday. I have lost 7lbs so far. I'm pretty sure this is all water weight, but I'm not complaining. I started out at 218lbs, goal weight is 135. I'm 5'10", and my lowest weight ever was 135, at which I felt great. I have one question though. Everywhere I have read says not to drink caffeinated products. My body doesn't mind the caffeine, but is there another reason I shouldn't drink it? And any advice/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    decaf coffee (with HWC and Davinci SF) is a staple for me like eggs and have one every morning and evening. Its the extras added that maybe a concern.
  • Tyffany130
    Options
    I'm trying to like black coffee, tolerating it for now :) I'm learning that I should not be chewing sugar free trident gum though. I feel like it's making me crave sugary snacks.
  • delawrence
    Options
    Hi I started 2 weeks ago this past Monday and I only lost 3 pounds! I was disappointed, especially because I am doing workouts, including 3 day a week double workouts. You and I are the same height and I have spent most of my life at 135-145 and now 187. Yikes, my closet doesn't fit.

I drank some booze 3 times during my first 2 weeks, so that was my bad. Non-carb (vodka drinks with soda), but clearly all the workouts didn't offset. I don't know about caffeine, I am drinking it but it seems quite individual. May I ask what a typical meal day looks like for you in having lost 7 pounds, water or not, in less than 6 days?
  • Tyffany130
    Options
    Hi I started 2 weeks ago this past Monday and I only lost 3 pounds! I was disappointed, especially because I am doing workouts, including 3 day a week double workouts. You and I are the same height and I have spent most of my life at 135-145 and now 187. Yikes, my closet doesn't fit.

I drank some booze 3 times during my first 2 weeks, so that was my bad. Non-carb (vodka drinks with soda), but clearly all the workouts didn't offset. I don't know about caffeine, I am drinking it but it seems quite individual. May I ask what a typical meal day looks like for you in having lost 7 pounds, water or not, in less than 6 days?

My weight loss has slowed down now, one pound per day. And I'm assuming that's still water weight. Knowing my body, I'm not working out, strength training anyway. Because when I do, I lose inches, not weight. That's not a bad, but for now I just want to lose the weight.

A typical day for me is as follows:

Breakfast-eggs(1 or 2) and I serving size sausage
    Lunch-2 cups baby spinach, 1oz feta cheese, 1oz mozzarella cheese, 1hard boiled egg and 10 olives. No salad dressing.
    Dinner-turkey burger and 1 cup of zucchini and squash with 1 tbsp of butter.

If I get hungry in between, I will eat a baby bel cheese. The ones I bought have 0 carbs. Or I will make 3 oz of boneless skinless chicken. The only things I've been drinking are water, black coffee, or hot green tea.