Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
What are your October Goals?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My October goal is to run three times a week: a trail run, a pace/cadence run and a long run. I also want to work toward making that 4 days a week.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread this early, I want to keep yesterday's momentum going.

I aim to run at least twice weekly, but twice is sufficient for now. I won't add any other demands but merely "keep running".

Happy movement moments, everyone!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Half marathon on the 5th, aiming for completion. I had been targetting a 1:50 completion but I've not been too well so training mileage has reduced somewhat.

Then a week off from structured training and on to a 10 mile speedwork programme, or possibly a half marathon improvement programme. Not sure either way yet.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I plan to transition to more emphasis on running than cycling after my 50 mile ride on October 4. (main.diabetes.org/goto/CeciRider)

It should be a pretty natural transition as the weather gets colder and my girls bike group cuts out our Thursday night rides because it gets dark too early.

I have a 10k planned for sometime in November and then will concentrate on training for my first half in April.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am having a week (or maybe just a couple of days) off then I am beginning my winter program. I plan to try and run 3-4 days a week (weather dependent) and add in more weight training and yoga/pilates. I don't have any specific goals to train towards at the moment, I will probably enter the Garioch 10k in March and might look for a spring half marathon.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I just need to build up to a 20-mile run by the 4th week and then begin a 2-week taper for the marathon.