Weekly Challenge - Eating Challenge

Options
This weeks challenge runs from Sep 26 through Oct 2nd. Eating Challenge: Eat a serving of fruit and vegetables at least 5 days out of the week.

Am I the only one who isn't going to enjoy this?

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This one is going to be rough on me as well haha. Looks like I am going to have to go pick up some V8 fusion and pick apart my local produce aisle. I guess i am lucky that it is currently fall apple season.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenge runs from Sep 26 through Oct 2nd. Eating Challenge: Eat your full serving of fruit and vegetable each day for the week.

Am I the only one who isn't going to enjoy this?

No, I have an aversion to healthy food!! lol....Not sure what my 'full serviing' is?? Can I say my 'full serving' is one a day??? lol....Since I only saw this now (the 27th) that means I have to catch up....will see what I can do today!!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling we can get away with having some servings of fruit and vegetables each day as the goal.

Or perhaps none of us will get the point this week, lol.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Hummm does coconut added to chocolate ice cream count as adding a fruit for the day?? I had a couple of mushrooms in an omlete this morning!
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I think thats like saying the pumpkin in my pumping chocolate chip muffin was a vegetable.

I've already failed this week.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Me too!! OK, I will try to get more veggie in today (the 28th) ...maybe the challenge should be.....5 out of 7 days get more fruits and veggies!!Then I have 5 days to do this! But pumpkin is good!! lol
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I think thats fair.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    One banana down so far. Nectarine for lunch in 2 hours. Plus an avocado...so that is THREE things for today! I will meet the quota!

(wonder if i should count the vegetables on my pizza last night?? lol OK...probably in the same category as the pumpkin and coconut!)
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been easy so far, but I am managing. I have had a gala apple and a small bag of baby carrots every day. I even had some edamame when I went out for Chinese on Saturday night. Vegetables just need to fall in line and start tasting as good as the rest of the food world.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Just two bananas today! No more...no less!! I am totally with you guys on the veggie/fruit aversion!!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw this one on the list...I'm not good about trying new/different exercises or increasing the length of my exercise, so when I saw this one I was like, "Yes! A challenge for me!" I'm pretty good already about getting in my fruits and veggies, but there are definitely times when I reach for wheat thins or pretzels or toast when I could grab an apple or some carrots instead.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Thats good because you might be the only one to complete this challenge, lol.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thats good because you might be the only one to complete this challenge, lol.

LMAO....totally agree!!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Pat what happened to your farmer's market, salads, fruits. I thought you were doing good on all that. Soz not in the challenge but you all made me giggle and feel a sense of relief that it is not just me that finds such a simple thing so darn hard! x
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I still go to the farmers market nearly each weekend, but now and days my backpack is mostly filled with fruit.

After two months I just grew tired of salad... or lazy...

I do need to get back to it, knowing I am loosing without it doesn't help, lol.