A nifty thing I've learned from Paleo so far...

Options
I moved and have traveled a bunch over the past month so I have NOT been strictly paleo. But I have been trying, and have had stretches of several days of good solid paleo eating and I like it! I have noticed through eliminating and reintroducing foods that my terrible acne I've had my whole life responds VERY noticeably to eliminating dairy. When I have some tasty cheese or ice cream, I break out the next day. Cut it out for a few days? Clear skin. This is life changing for me, I've had skin issues my entire life. I now think I have a milk allergy to dairy that I never knew about! It has definitely renewed my dedication to paleo.

Replies

• Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have noticed the same thing with my skin and dairy products/junk foods. I'm still (slowly) transitioning to eating paleo but can see changes already. Add that to the list of benefits!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    There are so many benefits with this way of eating! I find that when I stray my body doesn't agree with me and we battle until I get back. Glad to see that you are recommitting!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    For me it's bread. I bake bread for my family because I am just easing them out of the sandwich/french toast lifestyle they love and at least this way I can control the ingredients ... but sometimes I just can't resist tasting it fresh and hot out of the oven with a big slab of Kerrygold butter on it ....MMM! However, if I go crazy (or eat an entire baguette which I did once) the next day I have bumps all over my cheeks and jaw line. It's the most obvious connection I've ever seen as to why bread is not good for me.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Going Paleo has cleared up so many of my auto-immune and skin conditions. It truly is the best way to eat--the way we are meant to. I am glad you are finding answers!! ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Paleo is that I don't get ravenously hungry!
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Paleo is that I don't get ravenously hungry!

Definitely!!! That, too!!!
  • welderftw
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your Paleo journey and having the success you have. I too feel the differences when I do cheat on the diet. I do break out, feel bloated, unregular, and overall lethargic. These feelings alone help me stay on track. If I do cheat, I do make a point to hit the gym extra hard, and also add some juicing to help cleanse the toxins that may have built up. Hope this helps and good luck on the journey.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I went to vote yesterday and took a butterscotch hard candy on the way out. I got a tummy-ache from it. (didn't last long - but it showed me that my body has a rebel mechanism if I am just tuned in to listen to it.)

This time of year, I tend to get sick with the change in temps and that type of cold lasts a while. Monday, I had a runny nose but didn't feel sick. Tuesday, nose still running, and dry lips ( and I sneezed twice) - but still not feeling sick. - Today - I have dry lips but my nose seems to have stopped running. - - I've never felt illness so easily??? and had such a quick recovery process. There's something good about this Primal/Paleo lifestyle and the lack of junk in my system lowering my natural immunities.