How long did it take you to reach 2.5xbw squat and 3x DL

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
Started barbell training Dec 2009. Reached the above in June 2013 so 3.5 years.

Raw with wraps for squat for me.
Sumo deadlift so I guess that is cheating

Squat 200kg@80kg and deadlift 240kg@80kg. Both at GPC nats 2013.

For women, comparable would be around 75% so 1.9x bw squat and 2.25x bw DL.

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Not quite there yet. If I hit my planned thirds on Saturday, I'll be right around 1.5 body weight on my squat (current best is 120kg at 84.4kg), belt only. Not bad for having had to break my squat all the way back to bar only in May. Deads I'm currently sitting at 2x body weight, just under 2 1/2 years of being able to handle the bar. Currently sitting at 165kg at both 81.8 and 84.4 kg body weight, pulling sumo
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Awesome!

Thanks for the response and good luck in your next comp :smile:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know, considering that will mean a 650-675lb DL. Yikes.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    For me that would be a 233 squat. I've hit it a number times in the gym in a belt only but only 231 in contest.

I hit 2.5 bw deadlift (309) at my last meet. 2.25 is 277. I pulled 275 for a triple last week.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    For me that would be a 233 squat. I've hit it a number times in the gym in a belt only but only 231 in contest.

I hit 2.5 bw deadlift (309) at my last meet. 2.25 is 277. I pulled 275 for a triple last week.

Well done! You forgot to say how long you have been training :smile: Was just curious btw not a competition. These were always long term goals of mine when I started lifting and at the time seemed IMPOSSIBLE!

Dopeitup: too easy man!!!! :tongue: nah bw multipliers definitely give advantage to the "little" people.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I can't decide if I want to be you or Joe when I grow up. Watching him pull 195 at 66kg was amazing, never mind he did it at 84!
  • juliewatkin
    Options

I can't decide if I want to be you or Joe when I grow up. Watching him pull 195 at 66kg was amazing, never mind he did it at 84!

My husband hates him now. Frank is a bencher and it cheeses him off to see Joe pull more than him at 84.
  • juliewatkin
    Options

Well done! You forgot to say how long you have been training :smile: Was just curious btw not a competition. These were always long term goals of mine when I started lifting and at the time seemed IMPOSSIBLE!

Dopeitup: too easy man!!!! :tongue: nah bw multipliers definitely give advantage to the "little" people.

I've been competing since 2008. I"m mostly an equipped lifter but in the past year have gotten back into unequipped as well. The numbers I have now seemed impossible when I started. I could pull 200 almost immediately but it took years to get to 300. Now every increase is such a small amount and hard fought.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

I've been competing since 2008. I"m mostly an equipped lifter but in the past year have gotten back into unequipped as well. The numbers I have now seemed impossible when I started. I could pull 200 almost immediately but it took years to get to 300. Now every increase is such a small amount and hard fought.

Seasoned veteran! That's awesome.

I just started dabbling with equipped after starting raw but an injury put me out for a little while. Would like to have a crack at that some time.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So awesome hearing about everyone's experiences.

I started PL training Oct. 7, 2013. Competed in December 2013, April and July 2014. Next up is GPA Worlds in Sydney, Australia on Nov. 21st.

Targets: 1.9 x 148 bw (281 lbs) for squat, 2.25 x 148 bw (333 lbs) for pull.

Squat was raw with no wraps until 7 weeks ago. Best triple was just under 1.9 at 275 lbs in July.

Added wraps at the end of August and doubled 385 on 10/8/14.

http://youtu.be/nWz5Bvl5opM

Hit my pull target of 333 lbs months ago. For sure did 347 lbs in early August at my third meet.

Doubled 350 lbs at 148 bw yesterday, 10/15/14

http://youtu.be/Ewb0Uf7Y7j8
  • chrisdavey
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Awesome lifting! What gym do you train at? I know a fair few AUssie PL gyms but don't recognize that one.

Good luck at GPA World's too. I'll be at home watching the live stream :) Next best thing to being there.
  • jzou91
    jzou91 Posts: 27 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I started lifting ~June 2012 and hit 505 DL and 405 SQ @165 lbs in June 2014. It's not exactly a 2.5x SQ but very darn close lol

Only used a belt for both and have never cycled.
  • zorahgail
    Options
    chrisdavey - Thanks! I train out of two gyms in Portland, OR. I'm on a whole different continent which is why you don't recognize the gym :)

jzou91 - Solid numbers!
  • zorahgail
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hit the ugliest 405 squat on Monday, 10/27 haha. Will clean it up next week.

Skip to 1:40 if you want to see the work sets. The 405 starts at 3:19.

http://youtu.be/2WzTrVCcf14