October 2014 MYAC

Options
hkristine1
hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the October 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies! :drinker:

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, , NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Wednesday, October 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles moved each time you update.

Please don't post any September miles here. We will update the September spreadsheet once everyone has reported their September miles to the September thread - Please add only your OCTOBER goals/miles to this thread.

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us. You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work. Sorry, but we will not be tracking number of workouts or minutes moved in this challenge - ONLY DISTANCE.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: ) The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Once the thread hits 500 posts it will roll to a 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th part. Click the link on the last post that says <continued at this topic> to post your update. The main MYAC Group page will always list the current thread though.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself! :flowerforyou:

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times....:laugh: ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :ohwell:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals! :happy:

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 300 miles in October... 320 proved to be too much in September, but I'm hopeful that 300 will be do-able in October. Happy moving to everyone!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80 for October!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 80 goal today, so I'll go with 80 again and see if I can do it earlier in the month. Thanks.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hard for me to decide on a goal for this month. I blew away 300 last month, but I'm looking at shorter days, less time on the bicycle and more time running, etc. I'm going to shoot for 200 in October. We will see.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I think I will raise my goal to 210 for October
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping my goal a liiiiiittle more because I found myself having to bike too much toward the end of the month when I really needed/wanted to be running....soooooo....it's 80 miles for me this month.

Dave
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am in for 80 in October, will be tough with business travel and vacation planned, but will strive to make it!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • lazieats
    lazieats Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bit off more than I could chew last month, so I'm going to challenge myself to 60 miles for October.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's in store for me this month. I'm still trying to move from one house to the other. All the big stuff is moved but the small stuff is really time consuming. I'll set a goal for 50 miles. OK, 50 for one ride and 300 for the month. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    On vacation for a week this month so a lower goal is probably a good idea. In for 125!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My goal is 15 miles for biking in the month of October and 150 miles walking for the month of October.
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 135 miles for October. Thank you!! :smile: looking forward to my highest milage month ever!!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Going to try once again to hit the 100 miles this month!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    Options
    I have a tri this month and a vacation planned, so I am only going for 120 miles.

Thank you guys so much for doing this every month. It helps keep me motivated..... I hate not reaching my goals every month!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,111 Member
    Options
    150 miles (Just running miles)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'll be off on a week vacation this month so I'm going to lower my miles to 125.

At any time winter can hit where I live so I may not be biking much longer either :sad:

Thanks for keeping this up! I'm enjoying it and it makes me push myself!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyone post about vacation plans for October reminded me that I also have a week of vacation planned this month. This means 2 weekends that I won't be able to ride. Please change my goal to 150 for October. I'll up it later if it looks like I will crush that!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on the horse so I need to push myself this month. I will go with 400 in October.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    October goal is 250 miles again - walking/bike/elliptical
    I'm fairly confident that I'll meet my Sept goal today of 250 miles BUT just barely - Oct has an additional day :wink: though
This discussion has been closed.