Stage 1 - 9/1/14

Options
rebasporty
rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
I started NROL4W on 9/1 I will be done with Stage 1 on 10/6 then moving onto Stage 2. I feel like I should be able to lift more at the end of Stage 1 than I am lifting.
Here are my stats....good or go heavier?!? I can do all the reps at the weights listed, should I be going heavier if that is the case or no?!? I should probably pull out the book and go thru it again prior to starting Stage 2.
Squats: 115 lbs
Seated row: 70 lbs
Step Ups: 25 lbs in each hand
Deadlift: 105 lbs
Dumbell should press: 25 lbs each arm
Lat Pull down: 70 lbs
Lunge: 25lbs in each hand
Horizontal wood chop: 40 lbs

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what weights I was lifting at the end of stage 1 but I'm fairly certain that you are beating me on all lifts!

However, whats more important that the absolute weight that you lift, is the relative weight to you. Do you feel like you could go heavier and still maintain good form? If so then go for it. But remember to watch your form, a lot of people in the beginning seem to up weights very quickly and then have to reduce them in order to correct their form. Just keep doing what is 'heavy lifting' for you and you will make progress.
  • rebasporty
    Options
    That is what I was thinking as well as well as my form is good I am making progress. I just was not sure where I should be after 5 weeks.
  • shellyamundson
    shellyamundson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are doing it wrong - so am I! I had gotten all the way through Stage 1 earlier in the summer but started over around the same time you did, due to a huge life change that threw off my program. I did not go back all the way to my starting weights, but restarted somewhere in the middle.

You are lifting more weight than me, but I don't know your size relative to mine. I am 5'6, and weigh 148 right now. I have completed 3 rounds each of 1A & 1B.

Here is where I am right now:
    Squats: 95 lbs
    Seated Row: 80 lbs
    Deadlift: 90 lbs
    Dumbell shoulder press: 20 lbs each arm
    Lat Pull down: 70 lbs
    Lunge: 25 lbs in each hand

Horizontal wood chop: ?? (I am doing push ups and prone jackknifes - but not horizontal wood chop. I bought my book used, and am wondering if this move was included in a later edition)

Since we are essentially at the same place, I'll be interested to hear how your progress goes compared to mine. Keep me posted!!
  • rebasporty
    Options
    **Horizontal wood chop: ?? (I am doing push ups and prone jackknifes - but not horizontal wood chop. I bought my book used, and am wondering if this move was included in a later edition)**

I do pushups as well did not include them since those are BW exercises and I did not want to include my BW on here. LOL :-)
    I changed out the Prone jackknives for the Horizontal Wood Chop because I did not want to do the jackknives at the gym at work and fall on my face. I have ball and have been practicing those at home.

I am 5'4 and weigh much more than you do.
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am about 1/2 way through stage one... am generally sore a couple days after every workout... but am only lifting 2x a week, versus 3x.
    I am 5'1 and about 131

My stats last week were:

deadlift - 65
    squat - 70
    lat pull - 70
    step ups - 25 each arm (but with grip issues)
    shoulder press - 20 each arm
    lunges - 17.5 each arm
    row - 20 each arm (using dumbbells)

Can def do more on most, but increasing slowly...

Will be going up on deadlift, squat, shoulder presses and lunges this week... probably rows too.

Lat pull will be awhile since the next step on my machine is 90 :neutral_face:

Step ups I am debating whether to keep with the barbells until my grip can catch up (which doesn't engage my legs), or switch to the bar to engage my legs... but it won't help the grip.... decisions, decisions...
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You ladies are strong! I'm in stage one and am doing 20 pound squats and 30 pound deadlifts! I hope to get up there though!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1. Are you lifting 2-3x a week?
    2. Are you focusing on form?
    3. Are you slowly and progressively adding more weight?

If you answered yes to all three, then you're doing it right :smiley:

All the rest is just numbers, and those will be different for everyone dependent on height, weight, age, experience etc etc etc etc.
  • mish26
    mish26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You ladies are strong! I'm in stage one and am doing 20 pound squats and 30 pound deadlifts! I hope to get up there though!

So glad to see this post! Tonight I did 25 pound squats and was proud! Yay for a 15 pound bar at the gym! I feel like my legs could support 45 pounds but the bar is so heavy I start leaning forward.