Leslie Sansone October 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    ECfromSJ wrote: »
    I haven't given up or forgotten about this--I've been having a knee problem. Some days I've had trouble bending and lifting my leg enough to go up steps, get in and out of the bathtub, or pull my left leg into the car. Marching in place and doing kickbacks have been out of the question. :s Mostly, I've been stretching. (I can highly recommend Angela Lansbury's Positive Moves tape, and the Yoga for Seniors with Jane Adams DVD, if you want to do something, but can't do much!)

Today I ventured back to the gym to try doing the recumbent bike again. I may still be able to reach the 500 minutes of walking I was aiming for, although I doubt if I'll manage the overall total for aerobic activity I'd planned, since I didn't get to the gym to bike for so many days.

10/13 - outdoor walk, 16 minutes, .96 mile
    10/21 - outdoor walk, 29 minutes, 1.3 miles

Total so far for October, 405 minutes, 19.24 miles

Hate you are having trouble with your leg. I think it's great you have found alternative methods of activity in spite of this problem. Good on you. Keep going! :D
  • AnnofB
    Options
    lreutner wrote: »
    I'm new to the group, so I'm late to the party. I plan on walking 20 miles by the end of October
    I'm looking forward to the November challenge. 2 down so far.

Welcome! It's never too late to join this party. :#
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I just finished the 5 Mega Miles and feel great!! Wow what a workout!
    113.5/100
    60817891.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.79 miles walked today

163.66 miles walked to date
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    total: 140/10
    num:67
  • AnnofB
    Options
    29 miles as of 10/23..
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Goal-45 miles

10/1- Exercise TV Start Walking at Home 3 miles=3 miles total
    10/2-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=7 Miles total
    10/3-Just Walk-Walk it off in 30 Days-2 miles=9 miles total
    10/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-4 miles=13 miles total
    10/5-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=18 miles total
    10/8-WAP-3 Fast Miles-21 miles total
    10/11-WAP-5 Advanced Miles-26 miles total
    10/13-Walk Your Way Thin-Walk It Off & Tone It Up-5 miles-31 miles total
    10/16-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles-35 miles total
    10/18-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-40 miles total
    10/19-Beautiful Fall Day to Walk my Michigan Neighborhood! Endomondo Tracked 4.46 MI=44.46 miles total
    10/22-WAP-3 mile Weight Loss Walk-3miles=47.46 miles total
    10/23-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-Monday-3 miles=50.76 miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • zichab
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    zichab,

I always like it when Mary Kay leads. She's good at queing and she's funny. Love how sometimes she sounds like a drill instructor in a kidding way when she counts down the reps. I was on another message board a few years ago and someone complained about her weight gain. I thought that was funny since it didn't slow her down one bit in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. I remember thinking, she's kicking behind in spite of a bit of a weight gain. It bothered me too that people didn't seem to think that there might be a lot of reasons she had a weight gain. Could easily have been from steroids for some medical conditions. Thing is you just never know and these folks were kind of beating her up about it. Anyway, I miss Mary Kay... and Jo and Lynn and Wendy, etc... Maybe a "come back tour dvd" with them in it in the future.... we can only hope.

Keep walking strong Girl! You are getting some serious mileage in in spite of the strength focus. :D

Ann,
    I like that Mary Kay stays with a movement until I am tired of it. I feel like I get a better workout with her sometimes. I feel kind of strange that I did not even notice her weight gain, but that she was older. LOL When I first saw this 3 mile weight video on YouTube, I though "Oh my gosh if Mary Kay can still do this stuff now that she is older, I should be able to do it too" and I went for it. It never occured to me that she was heavier too. Maybe because I was so much heavier at the time that she looked good to me! :laugh:

As a rule, I get vary annoyed at women when they do not support each other. We gain weight for all kinds of reasons and we should be kind to each other about that. Sometimes on the message boards I just want to slap them silly and say "Obviously you are not perfect or you would not be here either", but alas then I would not be being supportive either. :wink: As you say, we have no idea what Mary Kay was going through at the time and we should be glad she was there and able to lead us in a great walk.

I miss Mary Kay, Jo, & Linda also and I have not seen Marie in a while either. I think Leslie may be trying to apeal to a younger crowd and that is OK, but I have seen the workouts the younger people are doing and my goodness I am sure I would break something! :noway: I'll stick with Leslie and I would love to see a come back tour. Maybe we should post that on her website. :bigsmile:
    Brenda

27715887.png
  • zichab
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    zichab,

I always like it when Mary Kay leads. She's good at queing and she's funny. Love how sometimes she sounds like a drill instructor in a kidding way when she counts down the reps. I was on another message board a few years ago and someone complained about her weight gain. I thought that was funny since it didn't slow her down one bit in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. I remember thinking, she's kicking behind in spite of a bit of a weight gain. It bothered me too that people didn't seem to think that there might be a lot of reasons she had a weight gain. Could easily have been from steroids for some medical conditions. Thing is you just never know and these folks were kind of beating her up about it. Anyway, I miss Mary Kay... and Jo and Lynn and Wendy, etc... Maybe a "come back tour dvd" with them in it in the future.... we can only hope.

Keep walking strong Girl! You are getting some serious mileage in in spite of the strength focus. :D

Ann,
    I like that Mary Kay stays with a movement until I am tired of it. I feel like I get a better workout with her sometimes. I feel kind of strange that I did not even notice her weight gain, but that she was older. LOL When I first saw this 3 mile weight video on YouTube, I though "Oh my gosh if Mary Kay can still do this stuff now that she is older, I should be able to do it too" and I went for it. It never occured to me that she was heavier too. Maybe because I was so much heavier at the time that she looked good to me! :laugh:

As a rule, I get vary annoyed at women when they do not support each other. We gain weight for all kinds of reasons and we should be kind to each other about that. Sometimes on the message boards I just want to slap them silly and say "Obviously you are not perfect or you would not be here either", but alas then I would not be being supportive either. :wink: As you say, we have no idea what Mary Kay was going through at the time and we should be glad she was there and able to lead us in a great walk.

I miss Mary Kay, Jo, & Linda also and I have not seen Marie in a while either. I think Leslie may be trying to apeal to a younger crowd and that is OK, but I have seen the workouts the younger people are doing and my goodness I am sure I would break something! :noway: I'll stick with Leslie and I would love to see a come back tour. Maybe we should post that on her website. :bigsmile:
    Brenda

27715887.png
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I finally did it!!!! I am down 102 pounds!!!! So excited! I have 43 more to go to reach my end goal. I know the next 43 are going to be so much harder then the first 100. Tomorrow is my 8 month mark of joining MPF and getting serious about weight loss. Monday starts the new job and I am going to miss a few days a week of walking, so will have to lower my expectations and my numbers. The holidays will be here as well and I am going to enjoy them. As long as I don't gain I will be happy.

12 advanced miles with Leslie

221 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

64 miles outside to date

285 miles total / goal 200 I made my goal!!!! B)

Happy Walking!!!!
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You folks are great. Thank you for the warm welcome and encouraging words.
    Our local Senior/Community Center does a Power Mile 4 days a week. It is fun to do these videos with a group.
    I'm at 9/20 miles so far.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    I finally did it!!!! I am down 102 pounds!!!! So excited! I have 43 more to go to reach my end goal. I know the next 43 are going to be so much harder then the first 100. Tomorrow is my 8 month mark of joining MPF and getting serious about weight loss. Monday starts the new job and I am going to miss a few days a week of walking, so will have to lower my expectations and my numbers. The holidays will be here as well and I am going to enjoy them. As long as I don't gain I will be happy.

2 miles outside

64 miles outside to date

Happy Walking!!!!
    102 lbs gone!!! I am so proud of you and happy for you!! All of your hard work and determination have got you here. Good luck with the new job and stay strong. You are incredible and such an inspiration all of us.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Good morning walkers. It was very cold this morning but I still got 5 miles in.
    118.5/100
    60817891.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    4.68 miles walked today

168.34 miles walked to date
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, just to let you know I'm still in; however I haven't been able to get much if any workouts done....My Dad had knee replacement surgery then developed some issues so I've been running back and forth to work/hospital/rehab center.....
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Hi Everyone, just to let you know I'm still in; however I haven't been able to get much if any workouts done....My Dad had knee replacement surgery then developed some issues so I've been running back and forth to work/hospital/rehab center.....

Hugs and prayers for you all.

• zichab
    edited October 2014
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »

2 miles outside

64 miles outside to date

Happy Walking!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BANDIT!!!!!!!!! You did it!!! You beat me to 100!!!! I still need .8 pounds to hit 100!!! :grumble: I am so excited for you because all of us know how hard you have worked at this. You are right, the closer you get to goal, the slower it goes, but it is not hard-just slower. You'll get just as excited over a loss of .6 pounds as you do over a loss of 2 pounds now. :sunglasses: Congratulations also on the new job! :drinker: After 8 months, you do not need to worry about work or holidays-you know exactly how to get through all of that- Walk Stong! :laugh:
    Brenda

27715887.png
  • zichab
    Options
    Goal-45 miles

10/1- Exercise TV Start Walking at Home 3 miles=3 miles total
    10/2-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=7 Miles total
    10/3-Just Walk-Walk it off in 30 Days-2 miles=9 miles total
    10/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-4 miles=13 miles total
    10/5-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=18 miles total
    10/8-WAP-3 Fast Miles-21 miles total
    10/11-WAP-5 Advanced Miles-26 miles total
    10/13-Walk Your Way Thin-Walk It Off & Tone It Up-5 miles-31 miles total
    10/16-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles-35 miles total
    10/18-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-40 miles total
    10/19-Beautiful Fall Day to Walk my Michigan Neighborhood! Endomondo Tracked 4.46 MI=44.46 miles total
    10/22-WAP-3 mile Weight Loss Walk-3miles=47.46 miles total
    10/23-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-Monday-3 miles=50.76 miles
    10/24-Just Walk-5 Mega Miles=55.76 total miles

Sorry for the double post above. MFP told me there was an error and made me post again. Apparently, the error message was in error! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies!!!!

233 miles with Leslie to date

2 miles outside

66 miles outside to date

299 miles total / goal 200 I made my goal!!!! B)

Happy Walking!!!!
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    21/40