AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    23 miles so far.

Great work all you Walkers!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    DH and I took turns pressure washing the deck today. When one was washing, the other was picking up rocks from our front yard. We had some dirt work done and I think they misunderstood DH when he ordered dirt, they must have thought he said rocks. Anyway, of course, I had to change clothes at one point, got soaked doing the pressure washing and left my Fitbit in my other pants. So the world will never know how many miles I walked today. Sigh. It was a bit. We worked for at least 5 hours. :(
    Oh, my, Ann! What a day you had :o . I'm sure you burned tons of cals and walked many a mile B) .

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Monday (10.20) did "Total Body Walk" (5 mini blaster walks) from LS's Walk Blasters DVD and also strength with weights.

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

5 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

My goal for October: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 660 outdoor minutes (taking advantage of the cooler mornings :grinning: )

So far: 13 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did 6 more miles this morning and this walk puts me over my goal!!! Woot Woot!!!

102/100 miles.
    60817891.png
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    total: 129/10
    num:62
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    7.9 miles walked today 5 Leslie miles and only 2.9 outside due to the bad weather we had today (had to take the dogs out)

154.19 miles walked to date.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Good morning! I did 6 more miles this morning and this walk puts me over my goal!!! Woot Woot!!!

102/100 miles.
    Congratulations :drinker: Well done! There are still many days left in the month for you to get a lot of bonus miles :wink: .

• texasgardnr
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tuesday (10.21) 5 Mega Miles.

5 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

My goal for October: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 17 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 660 outdoor minutes (taking advantage of the cooler mornings :yum: )

So far: 13 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

Walk Happy :smiley:

• DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Racked up two more with Leslie tonight, 30 min walk, 16.5/40.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Pinky, Alex and 2essie!!! you are over your goals! congrats!!!!

9 advanced miles with Leslie

199 miles with Leslie to date

1 miles outside

62 miles outside to date

261 miles total / goal 200 I made my goal!!!! B)

Happy Walking!!!!
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, so I'm late to the party. I plan on walking 20 miles by the end of October
    I'm looking forward to the November challenge. 2 down so far.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have bonus miles of 6.5 to add to my tally.
    108.5/100
    60817891.png
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up or forgotten about this--I've been having a knee problem. Some days I've had trouble bending and lifting my leg enough to go up steps, get in and out of the bathtub, or pull my left leg into the car. Marching in place and doing kickbacks have been out of the question. :s Mostly, I've been stretching. (I can highly recommend Angela Lansbury's Positive Moves tape, and the Yoga for Seniors with Jane Adams DVD, if you want to do something, but can't do much!)

Today I ventured back to the gym to try doing the recumbent bike again. I may still be able to reach the 500 minutes of walking I was aiming for, although I doubt if I'll manage the overall total for aerobic activity I'd planned, since I didn't get to the gym to bike for so many days.

10/13 - outdoor walk, 16 minutes, .96 mile
    10/21 - outdoor walk, 29 minutes, 1.3 miles

Total so far for October, 405 minutes, 19.24 miles

• AnnofB
    Options
    27 Miles as of 10/22.... B) Walk Cool, my friends!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    lreutner wrote: »
    I'm new to the group, so I'm late to the party. I plan on walking 20 miles by the end of October
    I'm looking forward to the November challenge. 2 down so far.

Hello Ireutner and welcome to the group. It is a friendly group with lots of encouragement. You will do well

Good luck on the 20 miles.

4.68 miles walked today

158.87 miles walked to date.
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    Options
    total: 135/10
    num:64
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    18/40, past halfway!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    10 advanced miles with Leslie

209 miles with Leslie to date

1 miles outside

63 miles outside to date

271 miles total / goal 200 I made my goal!!!! B)

Happy Walking!!!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Goal-45 miles

10/1- Exercise TV Start Walking at Home 3 miles=3 miles total
    10/2-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=7 Miles total
    10/3-Just Walk-Walk it off in 30 Days-2 miles=9 miles total
    10/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-4 miles=13 miles total
    10/5-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=18 miles total
    10/8-WAP-3 Fast Miles-21 miles total
    10/11-WAP-5 Advanced Miles-26 miles total
    10/13-Walk Your Way Thin-Walk It Off & Tone It Up-5 miles-31 miles total
    10/16-WAP-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles-35 miles total
    10/18-WAH-5 Fat Burning Miles-40 miles total
    10/19-Beautiful Fall Day to Walk my Michigan Neighborhood! Endomondo Tracked 4.46 MI=44.46 miles total
    10/22-WAP-3 mile Weight Loss Walk-3miles=47.46 miles total

After my 4 MPH neighborhod walk on Sunday, my glutes (errr Back End-sorry Leslie) are killing me so no squats or lunges for me! :blush: I had to put my full body weight training on hold, but I did the 3 mile weight walk. I need to do this one more often as I miss Mary Kay's fast mile! That is an oldie but goodie! :sweat_smile:

It is nice to see new walkers and the miles are adding up!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab,

I always like it when Mary Kay leads. She's good at queing and she's funny. Love how sometimes she sounds like a drill instructor in a kidding way when she counts down the reps. I was on another message board a few years ago and someone complained about her weight gain. I thought that was funny since it didn't slow her down one bit in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. I remember thinking, she's kicking behind in spite of a bit of a weight gain. It bothered me too that people didn't seem to think that there might be a lot of reasons she had a weight gain. Could easily have been from steroids for some medical conditions. Thing is you just never know and these folks were kind of beating her up about it. Anyway, I miss Mary Kay... and Jo and Lynn and Wendy, etc... Maybe a "come back tour dvd" with them in it in the future.... we can only hope.

Keep walking strong Girl! You are getting some serious mileage in in spite of the strength focus. :D