10/15-128.2
    10/16-127.2
    10/17-127.2
    10/18-127.0
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    vaporhero3 wrote: »
    I've made a few changes to my eating schedule and seeing great results...

Eating one big, Induction based lunch (til full)
    Then a very small induction based dinner
    A very small dessert after dinner (non induction)
    Coffee before bed

I have been doing this new routine for 4 days and have lost 4lbs. I'm averaging about a lb a day loss. I'm hoping this decreased intake of food will give my body a chance to burn off my gut without starvation. I just wanted to throw this routine out there for the newer folks as I know it can take lots of trial and error before finding the right adaptation of Atkins that's fits YOU. Make it your own. All our bodies are different!

-Mike
    (71lbs lost in 5.5 months)

Do you not eat breakfast? And how do you drink coffee before bed?? I'd be up all night...lol
    Congrats on the weight loss....71lbs is awesome!

• vaporhero3
    vaporhero3 Posts: 22
    edited October 2014
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    I've made a few changes to my eating schedule and seeing great results...

Eating one big, Induction based lunch (til full)
    Then a very small induction based dinner
    A very small dessert after dinner (non induction)
    Coffee before bed

I have been doing this new routine for 4 days and have lost 4lbs. I'm averaging about a lb a day loss. I'm hoping this decreased intake of food will give my body a chance to burn off my gut without starvation. I just wanted to throw this routine out there for the newer folks as I know it can take lots of trial and error before finding the right adaptation of Atkins that's fits YOU. Make it your own. All our bodies are different!

-Mike
    (71lbs lost in 5.5 months)

Do you not eat breakfast? And how do you drink coffee before bed?? I'd be up all night...lol
    Congrats on the weight loss....71lbs is awesome!

I've been skipping breakfast and just eating a big lunch. Trying to give my body more time to "eat" my fat (there's plenty there) lol. The big lunch gives me energy just when I need it and lasts me til dinner. I eat a small dinner as my activity is winding down for the day. Then I usually drink that coffee between dinner and bedtime. Not right before bed but during that time a little after dinner when you start to get hungry again but know you shouldn't eat lol. The coffee helps perfectly. And then my body can burn off more "me" in my sleep. Its all trial and error mostly. When I first started Atkins I could eat as much induction food as I could literally handle and still lose weight. Not anymore. The coffee is great for feeling full in the evening hours, but it's easy for your body to break down so it can go ahead and start burning "you" while you sleep. Rather than spending the entire night burning a HUGE dinner and you wake up having lost zero weight.

Note: I have no idea if this a healthy way to go about Atkins. It's just what I found is working for me at the present stage of induction I'm in.

-Mike (71lbs lost in 5.5mos)

P.S. Thanks @thesatinpumpkin for all your advice. You're the Atkins legend!
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We are almost at the end of the month. how is everyone's challenge goal coming along?
  • vaporhero3
    Options
    marichairs wrote: »
    We are almost at the end of the month. how is everyone's challenge goal coming along?

Pretty good over here. Spent the month trying to figure out what works best for me and make adjustments. What about you? How has your month been so far? :)

• marichairs
    Options
    except for this weekend (ate way over my carb limit) pretty good I think Ill make my goal:)
  • vaporhero3
    Options
    except for this weekend (ate way over my carb limit) pretty good I think Ill make my goal:)

Great, congratulations :)

• jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 pounds away! Hoping I can get there in 10 days!
  • Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm down 6 pounds for the month so far. I took 1 cupcake liberty on my daughers birthday. The following day, we had about 15 friends over for dinner(grilling cookout) so we took that and then the Monday off as well(Columbus Day). After lunch, eating carbs again, I felt soooooo bloated and fat and yucko. I was happy to kick them out again. DIdn't eat dinner that night, wasn't hungry for it. Gained 3 pounds as 'punishment' for all those grains and sugar, but luckily they slid right back off again.

My goal was to be comfortable in my size 12 jeans, and I know I can get them on as of last week, didn't try lounging around in them just yet. I'll wait another week then give it a go.
  • crzyjess84
    crzyjess84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. I have about 30lbs to lose and am hoping the Atkins way will help me.
    Can someone give m some insight on how I should be eating? You all sound like you are doing great!
    Thanks in advance!!
  • marichairs
    Options

Great, congratulations :)

I'm 2 pounds away! Hoping I can get there in 10 days!
    that is awesome
  • marichairs
    Options
    crzyjess84 wrote: »
    I am new to this. I have about 30lbs to lose and am hoping the Atkins way will help me.
    Can someone give m some insight on how I should be eating? You all sound like you are doing great!
    Thanks in advance!!

I think its about finding what works for you as far as what you should be eating. For me I don't eat breakfast I have an Atkins shake and coffee in the morning and for lunch I either have a huge salad or sauteed veggies with some protein ( i prefer chicken or fish) and dinner is where I struggle cause I'm not that hungry but I have to make sure I get near my fat limit.

And I have a friend who lost a lot of weight not watching her calories and eating very few veggies and a lot of protein and fat.
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 3.6 lbs away from my goal so I think like Mike I need to change it up a bit. I'm sticking to induction foods real well and don't cheat, but.........I think I'm having too many sugar alcohols. I agree with Satinpumpkin and Mike about coffee curbing the appetite (for me anyway).
  • jmarton1977
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 1.6 pounds away from my goal (most definitely won't hit it by Friday given my history) and I think I need to go back to being extremely strict about portion control. Also I know I'd lose faster if I incorporated more exercise, but there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day (excuses, I know). I just have to find them.
  • jmarton1977
    Options
    Alright everyone - only one more day of the October challenge. I'll miss my goal, but how did everyone else do!?
  • Abydos3
    Abydos3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm down 10 pounds for the month(now at 181), and I did make it in to my goal jeans, size 12's. My husband says I'm thinning all over, so that feels great to hear, and I've had to cinch my belt two notches in to keep my pants on. ^_^
  • marichairs
    Options
    starting weight 10/01 was 315
    todays weight 10/31 is 298
    didnt met my 20lb goal but hey! Im under 300!! and into a size 22
  • jmarton1977
    Options
    I'd say 17 pounds in one month is pretty damn awesome!