Road Trip Snacks

Options
What are some easy, Keto-friendly snack ideas I can pack for a road trip?

It seems like any time we are in the car for a long trip, I completely cave for pop and candy and chips! I've been following a keto diet for about 3 weeks now and don't want to totally veer off track. We will be taking a cooler if it is something that needs to stay cold. Any ideas would be helpful!

Replies

• erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    cheese, almonds, hard boiled eggs and beef jerky.
    That's all I can think of at the moment.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    olives
    cheese sticks
    sausage sticks (i found a great summer sausage with zero carbs, but have to cut it beforehand)
    pork rinds (OMG - my fav snack!)
    bottled water
    diet soda if you're dying for a soda
    pre-made fat bombs (i have a delicious strawberry cheesecake one if you need it, posted on another thread)
    ham rolls (ham with cream cheese inside, mustard and a sprig of your fav lettuce/spinach, all rolled up)
    Quest bars
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    Get a mini-cooler!

Then follow what the others have said above.
    Cream cheese celery (premade of course), cheese and beef sticks, hard-boiled eggs, summer sausage, almonds are all go-to things for me. I've even premade a serving of chicken salad.

And lots of bottled water. Or a diet soda if they don't give you problems. If I have something to eat, it's easy not to get so hungry that I think about non-legal foods.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If I take a cooler then pretty much everything I eat everyday at home.

If no cooler and eating out of a gas station mini mart I stick with string cheese, jerky, almonds.

If the family gets fast food. Uggh, I would rather starve.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    if you do eat fast food, grab a cheeseburger and remove the bun and ask for no ketchup. it will work in a pinch.
    :smile:
  • Jen_o
    Jen_o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you have to grab something on the go, try the Unwich from Jimmy John's. It's my go-to when I'm on the run.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and quest chips, in addition to all the great suggestions added already. I'd suggest chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and creme, and vanilla almond crunch. For chips, I've only tried the BBQ ones and they're good!

There are tons of different flavors of almonds, like pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa, wasabi, smoked, salted, raw, etc. Macadamia nuts are very keto friendly, and you can get pistachiso and walnuts as well.

In addition to that, if you stop at places: Jimmy John's unwiches (their bacon has carbs), salads from Subway (their steak has carbs), low carb Whoppers from Burger King, salads from Wendy's, and if you stop at an IHOP remember that they put pancake batter in their eggs so you have to ask for them overeasy.