How Do I Get Started and Other Q&A's

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
How Do I Get Started and Other Q&A's

1. Choose a Fitness Level and a Character to follow on the Sign Up Sheet thread. Any sign ups after the show airs on Sunday October 12th will have to PM me or one of the team captains to unlock the thread and latecomers will have to follow the Walker Horde as they have the advantage of knowing who lived and died on the premiere episode.

2. On Sunday nights: watch the Walking Dead and root for your Character to kick butt and stay alive. If they do well, you will often be rewarded (and vice-versa) but if they are killed, you must follow Walker Horde for the rest of the season and things will likely become more difficult.

3. Every Monday check the Winning Teams and MVPs thread to see how you and your team fared. Then, lastly, check the Challenge Board to see your challenge for the week. There will be always be cardio and strength requirements plus assorted other team or character related challenges.

4. On Saturdays before Midnight Central, write down your weekly results (total cardio minutes, total strength minutes and whether you stayed within your calorie goal) on the Scoreboard thread. It is from this information that Team Leaders will tally up team and individual results and post the winning team and two MVPs from each team on Mondays.

What do winning teams and MVPs get?
Winning teams will get to choose punishment exercises for the two losing teams, which all MVPs will be exempt from doing. All three teams will discuss and decide upon a punishment each week BEFORE results are posted so there will be no lag and so that punishments can be started immediately. This should make for some lively taunting in between teams... lol. Other random show and performance based rewards and punishments could be posted on Mondays as well.

How are winning teams chosen?

Winning Teams are chosen by member participation. Each member that meets or exceeds the weekly minimums of cardio and strength training will receive 100 points for each one and an additional 100 points if they stay within their calorie goals.  Team members can band together and help each other reach those cardio and strength minimums by lending out their overages. The total points reported on Saturday night will be divided by the number of active members. In other words, consistency is rewarded!

Example calculation: A team has 10 people who all met the the minimums for an average of 300 points. 3000/10.
Another team of 10 people also had perfect scores but one of their members did not post thier results and did not arrange for an absence so their average is 270. 2700/10. In the case of a tie, leaders will compare actual cardio and strength minutes done by members.

What if a team member forgets to post their totals on the Scoreboard thread on Saturday night?

If a member does not post on the Scoreboard the team's overall score goes down for that week, as they were still an active player. But we will assume they became a zombie so the team's score will not be affected the following week. If they just forgot, that's okay, as long as they communicate to their captain and team and reassure them that they are still among the living and that their hard work will count the following week.

How are MVPs chosen?

MVPs will be chosen in much the same manner as winning teams are, except that the overages that players did in cardio and strength training to help their team are now counted for themselves.
Example: Person A got 300 points for having a perfect week and so did Person B, but the tie is broken by seeing that Person A did an extra 100 minutes of cardio.

Other random questions.
1. What is considered strength training? 

This is up to each individual. Everyone is starting a different level and will have a different routine to get to their goals. Many programs, such as P90x, incorporate both. Any time you are using weights, a resistance band or doing bodyweight exercises like planks that is strength training. 

2. What is considered cardio?

Once again, that is up to each individual. A beginner will have an increased heart rate and a great cardio workout doing a brisk walk, whereas an experienced runner will not consider walking a cardio workout. Be honest with yourself and log what is cardio for YOU at YOUR level.

3. Can I take a rest day every week? Does it have to be Sunday?

Yes. Many players take one rest day or have a plan where they stay under calories on a weekly basis and have a couple high days and some lower ones.

4. Sunday is my big workout day. How do I count it in if we have to report on Saturday night? 

Sunday will be the first day of each new week. Even though you won't know the exact challenge until Monday, you can always count on there being strength and cardio minimums, similar to or slightly harder than the previous week.

4. What if I get sick or have to go away on holiday? I don't want to let my team down. 

Simply message me or your team leader to be excused foe that week.

5. I'm on a losing team and the punishment is 100 Jumping Jacks. Is this counted in towards my cardio requirements?

Yes.

Replies

• MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sync my fitbit with mfp daily and allow it to calculate my cardio/walking. It only lists the calories burned, not the length of time. Will I need to log my cardio manually into mfp daily or can I just keep up with the actual length of time of cardio on paper and enter that weekly on the scoreboard instead of on my mfp account?

Sorry about all of the questions. I just want to make sure I am following the rules!

Thanks!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I sync my fitbit with mfp daily and allow it to calculate my cardio/walking. It only lists the calories burned, not the length of time. Will I need to log my cardio manually into mfp daily or can I just keep up with the actual length of time of cardio on paper and enter that weekly on the scoreboard instead of on my mfp account?

Sorry about all of the questions. I just want to make sure I am following the rules!

Thanks!!
    Sure, pen and paper works fine to keep track of your minutes.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I have a problem with google doc on my phone (mainly I dont know how to work them) can I log friday at work?
  • breababy100
    breababy100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm down for this!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    thump419 wrote: »
    I have a problem with google doc on my phone (mainly I dont know how to work them) can I log friday at work?

You bet. Whatever works the best for you.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I may have been confused when signing up.. since I started late, am I with the walker horde for the season? I'd thought it was just the first week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    So far it would be for the season. But if the Walkers do well, they might get rewarded and be able to return. Who knows. :smiley:
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    So far it would be for the season. But if the Walkers do well, they might get rewarded and be able to return. Who knows. :smiley:
    Gotcha - my apologies :)