October Roll Call!

13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
Name or Nickname?

Why are you on mfp?

Favorite Halloween Costume?

What do you want to accomplish by the end of October?

I will post your October goal on your profile at the end of the month. :) So make it achievable!

Replies

• bookfoxx1987
    bookfoxx1987 Posts: 98 Member
    Name: Amanda or Mander

The Why: I find that if I'm keeping track of everything, I tend to make better choices. Not always, but still - much more often than I used to. I've also come to find the community here really inspiring. Lots of great people here and so much encouragement.

Favorite Halloween Costume: One year, we really didn't have a lot of money and my mom didn't want me to be Catwoman again (I had this thing where I was Catwoman like three years in a row). At the time, I owned a shirt that had a picture of a twister spinner on the front and the circle on the back. So I went as Twister. I'm still pretty proud of that one

By the end of October, I want to be down to 150! :-)
  • journey_4_ashley
    journey_4_ashley Posts: 14 Member
    Name or Nickname? Ashley

Why are you on mfp? To try to get my nutrition under better control and be healthier

Favorite Halloween Costume? i was a carebear one year...it was awesome

What do you want to accomplish by the end of October? I want to lose 5 pounds :)
  • turtle8111
    turtle8111 Posts: 6 Member
    Heather

I'm hoping that being on here and tracking my food will help me make healthier decisions.

Anything on a baby is adorable to me.

My goal for October is to lose 5lb. I CAN DO THIS!
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Jia

All those dresses in my wardrobe that is little too snug on me and i wanna rock skinny jeans. Besides being healthy and fit never goes out of fashion.

My goal for October is to finish 30 Day Shred.
  • night_fire_goddess
    night_fire_goddess Posts: 27 Member
    My friends call me Neeko.
    I'm on MFP to keep track of calories, because I overeat if I don't log.
    I love to dress like a gypsy for Halloween. I have a restless soul, so I think it suits me.
    I'd like to lose ten more pounds by the end of October.
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Name or Nickname? Lisa

Why are you on MFP? To hold myself accountable - eating, exercise (altho I REALLY need to actually start exercising). I also like MFP because it gives me support that I don't always have at home.

Favorite Halloween Costume? When I was five-ish, I was a California Raisin :)

What do you want to accomplish by the end of October? I want to lose 8-10lbs (that's 2lbs per week), and I want to restart my exercise regime by 20-30 minutes three times a week.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Helen

I originally joined mfp for logging food, but it drove me potty and best estimates are not very helpful so found planning food much more helpful. I have stayed on mfp because I have found the information, ideas how to move forwards and the suport of groups and friends invaluable. I have not weighed my current weight in 15 years. I lose motivation and will power very quickly, I'm an emotional eater and easily overeat, mfp keeps me evaluating my choices and it is working for me. My diet has improved, my fitness has improved and my dress size is 3 sizes smaller.

Halloween is not so popular here in north west england. However a couple a years ago we went to a charity Halloween party and one of my lads was the ghost of Elvis, he looked great and the picture is on my wall.

I have been suffering for very non linear weight loss recently and to stop me totally throwing in the towel I do monthly goals so I can see where I have improved and what works for me. This month I too want to lose 5lb. 2 liters of water daily and homecooked meals atleast 5 times a week. 10, 000steps daily with 2 cardio and 2 yoga weekly.

Here's to a great month:drinker:

I also changed my profile picture this month to this because this is how I'm feeling at the moment.

images-135_zps2e2fbf25.jpeg
  • rcksiren21
    rcksiren21 Posts: 23 Member
    Heather

Trying to get back on track and be healthier, Make better food choices.

Goals for October: would be to lose 5 lbs.
  • I'm Christina or "Chrissy"

I joined MFP for the same reason as most people, to make a positive change in my health and feel good about myself.

My favorite costume was when I made myself into a giant oven when I was pregnant with my tummy sticking out of the door for "bun in the oven" lol I won $50 in a costume contest for that one! haha

My goal for October is to lose 8-10 pounds and try to be more consistent with my logging and posting/checking-in. I've been flaky and I need to have more discipline.

Hi everyone!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    My name is Susan.

I joined MFP about two years ago when I made my significant lifestyle change after being diagnosed with type two diabetes. I wanted to be able to log my food and exercise and receive and give support.

I never was that creative with Halloween costumes, but my favorite was when I dressed as a witch with green makeup all over my face , a rubber nose, a black long wig and my graduation gown because, even though I didn't have a mask ,nobody at work knew who I was ( I worked in an elementary school at that time).

My goal for October is consistency.
  • Neetstar
    Neetstar Posts: 4 Member
    HI!!

My name is Anita... neetstar on here. I don't do Halloween... I'm Aussie... it's very USA. Some Aussies do but I am in the outback so look heels aren't worn out here yet alone fancy dress.

Susan I was diagnosed with type diabetes as well when I was 18, but fortunately went to a v good Doc who put me on a good diet instead of insulin (despite many docs trying to put me straight on it). I took up running... cross trainer is awesome for insulin did you know?

Anyway, so lovely to meet all of you. I have read all your messages :) My goal is to weigh 67kgs by October 18 for a big awards night I have. I've come down so far from 75... verging on 68 right now. Very exciting.

Add me as a friend!!

:D

Neetstar
  • IronLizerd
    IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
    Hello, My name is Liz. My favorite Halloween costume that I've done is road kill (it was great and i made it myself)
    I am on here because i want to make healthy habits a permanent part of my life instead of yoyoing around for the rest of my life.
    I have recently met my goal weight and lost five additional pounds! My goal for October is to build muscle and tone up
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Kim and I'm from Valparaiso, IN. I am in MFP to lose weight which I am pretty bad at. My favorite Halloween costume would be Pocahontas I guess. This month I want to get back on track and lose 5 lbs.
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Name's Ann

I want to get stronger and lose inches so I am using mfp to be healthy. :)

Favorite Halloween costume was a pirate.

And I'm also on the lose 5lbs wagon! :D

• Nativmd
    Nativmd Posts: 9 Member
    Name Jessy
    Why are you on mfp? To stay fit and healthy by gaining support from others with the same goals as me

Favorite Halloween Costume? I don't do halloween but I guess I did dress up as Pocohontas once as a kid

What do you want to accomplish by the end of October? Being under my calorie goal everyday until the end of the month and finishing the first ten days of level 1 on 30 day shred
  • cnowotarski
    cnowotarski Posts: 29 Member
    Name: Chris
    Why I am on MFP: I started because I wanted to lose weight and someone told me about MFP and they really liked it. I have tried many crazy diets over the years. I love MFP because of the people who provide motivation and support -- I had never really tried just counting calories before, it seems to be working for me. The weight loss is slower, but I am not starving all day! I set myself up to lose .5 pounds a week, and I have lost 9 pounds so far. I think it works for me because I still eat foods that I love by just managing my portions. I have also started working out which has helped me to feel so much better about myself!
    My favorite Halloween costume: Well I don't dress up for Halloween anymore but when I was younger I dressed as the "I Dream of Jeannie Lady" -- for all of us who are old enough to remember watching that show!
    What do I want to accomplish by the end of October: I would like to lose another pound because I will then be at 10 pounds lost! I still have a long way to go to get to my ultimate goal, but the first 10 pounds feels like a mini victory!