New to C25K

Options
bdgfn
bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
I thought I would start a thread to capture my progress and journey with C25K. Until I started reading the posts about beginning running on here I had never even heard of C25K. It seems like a good program, and I downloaded the app on Friday, 9/26. On Saturday, 9/27, I did a half-century bike ride for a local charity, and took Sunday off to rest. I wanted to start C25K on Monday, and actually did get out and almost halfway through the Week 1 Day 1 workout when a line of thunderstorms rolled in. I took shelter under the grandstands - I was using the high school track a couple of blocks from my house - but it got worse, so I called it a day and walked home.Yesterday, I went back out and restarted the Week 1 Day 1 workout, and completed it. I am not going to say it was easy by any means, but I finished, and felt good at the end. In fact, I had miscounted the number of times I had jogged and thought I had one more to go, so when I heard the last chime, I started to job only to hear the voice say "start your cool down". That was a nice surprise! I know from experience that whenever starting something new like this, the hardest step to take is the first one. The next hardest, of course, is doing it again.

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    Completed W1D2 yesterday after work. Found out how much more difficult it is to do after working a 10+ hour day and being up over 12 hours before even starting the workout. But, felt good. My running speed was not as fast as it was on Tuesday, but at this point at least, I am not concerned about speed, just building my strength and stamina.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep it up. Don't worry about speed AT ALL. You may even have to slow down as the run times get longer.
  • bdgfn
    Options
    I completed W1D3 on Sunday and felt really, really good! I had had a side stitch on both D1 and D2 when I began running, but did not on Sunday. WooHoo!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    So, I had a medical procedure done on Wednesday that required me to be on a clear-liquid diet all day on Tuesday. I did not feel strong enough to run on Tuesday, so my Week2 is being delayed. The procedure went fine and nothing abnormal was found, thankfully. I was planning on starting Week2 after work today, but the forecast is for rain, and I may not have time to get to the gym before I have to go to a meeting this evening. So, worst case scenario is, I start Week2 tomorrow, Friday. Not ideal, I know, but I will do what I can.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had the clear liquid diet all day on Monday for a procedure on Tuesday. I was able to run yesterday, no issues. A few days off won't hurt. You should be good for week 2 tomorrow!

25492938.png
  • bdgfn
    Options
    Back at it. I did W2D1 on Saturday, and W2D2 on Monday. It is definitely pushing me, but I am completing every interval, and I feel really good about myself when I finish. There are a couple of upcoming events here in the Denver area I want to try and do. I won't be complete with this program, but it's not like I would be competing for prize money. There is the annual Turkey Trot in my home town with the option of doing a 10K or a 2 mile fun run/walk. I will do the 2 mile event this year. There are several 5K events in the Denver area in the next several months and it is my goal to compete in and complete one, hopefully before the end of the year.
  • bdgfn
    Options
    Had a bad stretch there...between working too many hours, and other issues that got in the way, I missed a whole week. So I restarted week 2. Did W2D1 on Saturday after work then W2D2 yesterday. Had to dodge the HS football team on the track at the local HS, but otherwise, a great workout! W2D3 either Thursday or Friday, then begin the "dreaded" Week 3 next week!