I googled "Low Carb Menu Plan" ...

Options
shai74
shai74 Posts: 512 Member
and I got this

http://www.lifestyle.com.au/health/janines-meal-plan.aspx

On what planet is that low carb? No wonder so many people are confused when they try and research.

Replies

• PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Blah
    SMH
    Anything to make a buck, I guess.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow...that was bad..

But I did learn something from it, in the comments section, someone had posted about wheat products and how agriculture has modified the very structure of the plant for profit and in doing so there is a protein component to gluten, gliadin which:

"Gliadin is degraded to a collection of polypeptides called exorphins in the gastrointestinal tract. Exorphins cross the blood-brain barrier and bind to opiate-receptors to induce appetite, as well as behavioral changes, such as behavioral outbursts and inattention in children with ADHD and autism, hearing voices and social detachment in schizophrenics, and the mania of bipolar illness.
    –People who consume gliadin consume 400 calories more per day; people who remove gliadin reduce calorie intake by 400 calories per day"

so, there is the silver lining to that ridiculous diet.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    SMH...yeah, that's not low carb. Overall, it seems like a healthy diet, minus all the wheat and other grains. I didn't know about the gliaden, but she also doesn't mention serving sizes of some of the recipes. Anyone else notice that?
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What a load of crap.

On the other hand, at least you didn't get stuff like "low carb is the evil and will kill you" because that's the kind of stuff I have to wade through everywhere I go, it seems.