Do you plan your day in advance for keto macros?

I love that I can plug all my food in for the day and play around to get the right macros (or close to it) using MFP. Does anyone actually do it far in advance?

Replies

• EasyBakeOven
    EasyBakeOven Posts: 29 Member
    Yes! absolutely. I have to, it helps me with knowing what I will be eating for the day. I usually log all of my food in the morning and do my best to stick to that. I have a lot of stuff in my fridge that is either already cooked or prepared for me to cook right away when I get home from work. I pack my lunches the night before so I know what I'll be eating everyday. It just makes things much easier for me. I do it daily though, so not too far in advanced.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    I pre-log every day the night before, definitely. I like knowing what I'll eat and that I'll hit my macros and be under my cals.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Sort of. If I'm trying to plan in a treat, I will. Also, I tend to do it for dinner with my left over calories after I eat breakfast and lunch.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    I also pre log the night before what I'll eat the next day. For the weekend I'll log in Friday night since my weekends are crazy busy.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    I tend to do this a meal in advance to figure out about how much to eat, but not usually to make sure I get macros right. I only get that way about macros if I'm in a stall or feel like something isn't quite right somewhere. If I try to do that all the time it feels a bit suffocating. As long as I'm in the ballpark I'm happy most of the time, and if I do find I was way off one day I'll make a mental note, "ok next time I do pork chops, use a little more sour cream and a little less meat to even things out" or something like that.