Go To Paleo Treats

Options
2»

Replies

• ElisaMicciulli
    ElisaMicciulli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Since starting Paleo 4 weeks ago, I haven't really had any dairy at all. And I am a HUGE cheese lover. I would put chesse and more cheese on everything. I haven't yet found a substitute for some delicious oreos and milk...doubt I ever will LOL
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    well, I would recommend dark chocolate grain free and very low sugar - cake :) with a cup of tea ...
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    But I turned the last batch I had of that cake into chocolate - toast and it tasted decadent with butter melted on it.
  • sarabeth624
    sarabeth624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin coconut milk shake with ginger :)
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Gelatin coconut milk panna cotta
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I love making chocolate truffles with dates and cacao powder. I also love to dive into a bag of Krave Jerky or Alive and Radiant Kale Krunch! Those are great snacks because they are still Paleo! But yeah, dark chocolate is my number one!
  • mizaditude
    mizaditude Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do dark chocolate and a shot of scotch each night. (sshhh I know... )

LOL My lips are sealed MikeFlyMike :wink:

I am allergic to almonds and am always looking for new coconut flour pancake recipes Skye, would you mind sharing the recipe you use? I haven't been able to find a great one yet.

I've used this one and they taste just like pancakes made with white flour.
    http://paleomg.com/lemon-raspberry-pancakes/

there are also more crepe like pancakes made with basically just cream cheese and eggs that I like when im trying to avoid carbs. They're also really good, in my opinion
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love making chocolate truffles with dates and cacao powder. I also love to dive into a bag of Krave Jerky or Alive and Radiant Kale Krunch! Those are great snacks because they are still Paleo! But yeah, dark chocolate is my number one!

How do you make truffles with dates and cacao powder (not cocoa powder, BTW?)? I'd love to do this.

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling in need of pampering, I'll stir up a batch of garlic-and-butter (or coconut oil) shrimp, deglazed with some white balsamic vinegar, served over salad or cauliflower rice. It's incredibly satisfying, especially because it's hard to find wild-caught shrimp, so it's a luxury to find it. I bought two bags of Argentinian red shrimp today at Trader Joe's. Kind of stretched my food budget beyond the comfort zone but now that shrimp is in the freezer for future use.
  • mizaditude
    mizaditude Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

How do you make truffles with dates and cacao powder (not cocoa powder, BTW?)? I'd love to do this.

I've made fake me out brownies just blending up the dates with the cocoa powder (i do it until it tastes right) and then i add in walnuts. They taste just like fudgey brownies!

heres a basic recipe
    http://detoxinista.com/2014/06/raw-brownie-bites-vegan-paleo/