Buying a new bike but stuck on two styles. Help me decide?

Options
2»

Replies

• kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks Veloman21 & TheBigYin. Hum, thought the seat post suspension when away 15+ years ago. See what you miss when one haven't step in a bike shop for 15 or so years. A lot complains on the setback and the unsettling seat leveling on various posts. Veloman21 please shoot back and do tell how you like it.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    it's not so much a "suspension" seatpin, more something that just takes the edge off the vibration... I can certainly see a place for it on a long-distance offroader like that bike, and definitely over the pave in france and belgium, but the real place where it'd come into its own IMO is for the stoker on a tandem - the rear rider really takes a pasting from any imperfections in the road surface, mainly because they don't always see them, and if the pilot doesn't warm them to "brace" or lighten up on the saddle in time...

I must admit, I've got the old first generation Pave seatpin (the curved one)on my Dolan... I'm not sure if the "Zertz" gel capsule thing actually does the damping, or if its the wierd weave that is required to make the hole in the shaft to house the Zert... Doesn't look quite as fugly as the Kobl Gobbler though...

20110440.JPG