What is Your Goal Weight

Options
Adc7225
Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
Hello Ladies,

Goal weights can vary based on body type and height and honestly ethnicity. Sometimes it is hard to balance some of the forms that discuss this, but I also think it can offer some reassurance regarding our goals.

If you would not mind sharing your goal weight and height and maybe why you chose that as your goal weight.

My goal weight is 144 from 244, I am 5’2” and currently 149.2 and a size 4. I still feel that 144 is heavy but I have no real desire to get any smaller. I came up with that goal because of a comment that a friend made regarding my original goal of 150, that I ‘might want to keep going once I got to 150,’ that got stuck in my mind:frown:

Replies

• 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 155 and my height is 5'2". I feel that would be a healthy looking weight for me. My ideal weight is 140. At that size I was more comfortable in my own skin so to speak.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't have an ultimate goal weight yet. My current goal weight is 200. I'm 5'9 and want to keep a fuller figure, but still have the option to shop where ever I please lol. If I reach that and feel the need for improvement, i'll probably try to do more strength/weight training to tone rather than solely for weight loss purposes.
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific goal weight. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs so I can do my first powerlifting meet in a lower weight class. After that, I'm going to monitor my body fat percentage and weight and see how I feel.
  • erinafernandez
    Options
    New here. I have no idea honestly. I take measurements, the scale gets me down.
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey there... I am 5'7".... In my mind, my goal weight is 150-165. In reality, I don't know where my goal is, I guess I will keep going to I find a sweet spot.
  • wadams1
    wadams1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'7 and at this moment, would like to be in One-derland and hopefully will get there by Christmas.
  • onitraa
    onitraa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there... I am 5'4" and currently weight 180 lbs, my goal weight is 140 lbs. I have been dropping 1 pound a week so I'm getting there slowly but surely. Slow enough to make permanent healthy lifestyle changes so that I don't repeat the cycle of dropping and putting it all back on with extras. Best wishes for achieving success to all.
  • Omanya
    Omanya Posts: 50
    Options
    It's difficult to say what my goal weight is, but my goal fat percentage is around 19%, depending on how I look/feel at that percentage and how maintainable it is. That might put me around 150-160 lb. I'm 5'8.

Really, it's difficult to determine because the algorithms for these estimators, and the weight loss push in general, are white-centric and typically are derived from samples primarily of white European women. There aren't too many things that use primarily black women so it's even more of a guessing game for us.

A more useful thing to tell you is that I want to be whatever weight, body composition, and dress size that suits me when I can't easily pinch fat anywhere on my body, but still have enough fat for my curves to be pronounced, and have more muscle mass than the average (American white?) woman. In other words, my ideal is closer to American black/latinx beauty standards than those of white foljs.
  • rashundawillis
    rashundawillis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 135-140 lbs. This is when I felt and looked my best in this life here. I am presently 172 lbs as of this morning. I know this sounds crazy but when I began my journey to lose weight I wanted to do it because I wanted to be able to fit all of the nice gently used clothing at Goodwill. I shop at Goddwill alot and notice that most of the nice things that I see are in the smaller sizes. Plus, money is tight and that would save me a bunch while still looking fabulous on a budget.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My goal used to be 180. I recently changed it to 170. I'm 195 now.
    I guess I will know my goal when I reach it and it feels so good to be there.
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of stumbles but I'm still in the game. Lost 36 pounds, gained back 7, but will graciously consider your suggestions for continued progress losing weight. I am 5'3" and 50+ young so weight loss is a little more difficult than before retiring the Air Force. I cannot imbibe nuts, so please do not suggest anything with nuts. Goals I am looking to achieve include BMI below 28, weight less than 160lbs, and able to successfully, comfortably wear size 8. Since my trek, I have gone from BMI 33 to 30, weight from 198 to 162 (and back to 169), and size 16 to 14 comfortably. Holidays are coming, but I'm not worried since my family and I have changed our diet habits and portion sizes. Looking forward to the holidays and hoping for positive changes for us and you all too.
  • pipsqueak12
    pipsqueak12 Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi, I'm 169cm (5"7' ish) I'm 123lbs nearly at my current goal weight now of 121lbs, with a small frame. I'd like to go back up to around 130lbs by building muscle to add a few curves, without adding too much body fat.
    I chose that weight as its where I liked the way I looked and felt better about myself but the extra fat I didn't like so much. As I get older I'm okay being a heavier weight that I can hopefully maintain.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am 5'9 but I don't have a set number in mind I guess. My mind is set on 175-185.
  • Joiful06
    Options
    I am 5'10 my ultimate goal weight is 150-155 pounds!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 169cm (5"7' ish) I'm 123lbs nearly at my current goal weight now of 121lbs, with a small frame. I'd like to go back up to around 130lbs by building muscle to add a few curves, without adding too much body fat.
    I chose that weight as its where I liked the way I looked and felt better about myself but the extra fat I didn't like so much. As I get older I'm okay being a heavier weight that I can hopefully maintain.

Congrats on figuring that out - that's sort of where I am, though not at goal I don't really think I look good. I'm 5'2" and 147.2 but think I looked better about 16 pounds ago, but I know even if I put that weight back on it wouldn't look the same. It's weird, when I was 130 lbs I wore a size 10, now I'm wearing 2/4. I'm working on building strength and muscle and hoping to build some curves.
  • DaLoveLEE1
    DaLoveLEE1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the group and looking for some motivation. I'm 5'4" and currently way around 174. My goal is to get to 160. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • lastfirsttime
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm new, too :)
    I am 4'9" with a large frame, and my goal weight is 115!
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    Options
    Hello.. My goal weight is 160 down from 227. I chose this goal based on how I felt and looked before my first born. I will see how I feed when goal reached. Today, I'm just trying to get into onederland before the new year comes in. :smiley:
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and would like to be between 185 and 195. I have been a busty [my mom's words!] girl all my life, and definately want to keep the 'bass'. I am a size 18 [XL] at 223lbs and would be like to fit comfortably in the "LARGE" size category for t-shirts, and 'XL" for yoga pants.
  • KButterfly175
    KButterfly175 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :smile: Im 5'8 and started at 232 and now down to 180. My goal weight for summer 2015 is to get down to 165-160. I'm going into my 3rd year on my weight loss journey, so i'm excited to see how far I can push myself.