Replies

• c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    October 15, 2016 here!!! So excited!
  • eukleja
    eukleja Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'll be getting married in 2016 too! :) We haven't set a date yet because I want to meet with the venue to figure out a total cost, then try to save as much money as I can before the wedding... It'll be either Spring 2016 if the cost is low enough or Fall 2016 if it's higher than I like. I guess cutting back on food will help save up money right?? ;)

Also want to second @lilmissmanx ... I freaking LOVE offbeat bride! it's an awesome group and they have so many amazing ideas! I'm stealing a ton of them.

• peasantqueen
    peasantqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My date is January 17, 2016. Have about 60 lbs to lose. Chicago NW suburbs if anyone wants to meet up!
  • erin1148
    erin1148 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi future brides!! I've been lingering on MFP for a few years on/off and really trying to stick with it this time until I reach that goal of mine. I am getting married May 26, 2016 and would love to join in on the support!! When I was successful with MFP, it was always when I had people to "check in" with. Would love to talk weight loss and weddings :)
  • Girlygirl80
    Girlygirl80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 4/30/2016... seemed like I had a ton of time left to do everything until the calendar turned to May and now I feel like my mind is spinning and dress shopping is right around the corner!
  • Jubjubness
    Jubjubness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are there any other 2016 brides? I am getting married May 27, 2016 and would love to connect with others who are working hard to get into shape and planning a wedding :flowerforyou:

Kellie

That is my wedding date too!

I think Easter Sunday is a great day to get married :)

I have about 30 kg to lose (60 pounds?) in less than a year.
    Very hard to dress shop when I know that I want to lose a lot of weight.
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm getting married July 2016. Creeping ever closer!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm penciled in for June 4th, 2016. It's rather exciting. now to get fit and healthy and lose my 30lb tire
  • allyh312
    allyh312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My wedding date is July 23rd 2016!
  • Bunsenburner87
    Bunsenburner87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No date locked in for me as yet, waiting on my fiance's visa being approved and then we have 9 months from that date to get married but it will be in 2016 some time. So excited to find this group :D hoping to lose 15kgs too before i go dress shopping, will be great to get motivation from you all xx
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married March 19, 2016 <3 I'm trying to lose 10lbs by August 14th, when I go wedding dress shopping! We shall seeeeeee.....
  • hummingangel
    hummingangel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and congrats. I am also a 2016 bride, Sept 4th. I am trying to lose 40lbs before then. Haven t started looming at dresses or anything like that only at venues. Hoping for some accountability and support.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - doing a 2016 bride check-in. How's everyone doing on their goals?

My Kleinfeld appointment is December 5th now (schedule issues), and I'm still 11lbs away from my goal weight (169.8) for the appointment. So close but so far!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My MOH and I have set a "buy the dress" date for the Satuday of Labor Day weekend. That's only a little over a month away! Mind you, the wedding will still be a year off, but with grad school wrapping up and (hopefully) a job change in the next six months (plus being in a friend's wedding!) I don't want to wait and have it all crash down on me at once.

I've lost enough weight that I'm cool to buy and not risk a massive size issue. I'm also 95% sure I'm going empire waist, so that's totally forgiving! I'm 10lbs from a normal BMI, then the rest is vanity. :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    ugh, it's going poorly, I'm stuck. I guess it's time to buy that food scale
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm in a bit of a plateau as well -- I think my sodium levels were way off, because I'm retaining water like it's my job. But I've been netting only 1000 calories each day for a long time. So hopefully I am in for a big whoosh at some point. I have all my extremities crossed. I will be buying a wedding dress in 17 days :neutral:
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I'm trying to drink more fluids. but I don't like it. blech drinking stuff. I don't like doing it.

good luck on the dress
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have bought The Dress! (first one I tried on and kept going back to it). It is a little (a lot) snug but the lady said if I bought a size bigger and then had to take it in, it would ruin the shape and the look of the dress. So I bought the dress in the size I tried, and now have to shift a little bit of timber for it to fit comfortably, and a fair amount of poundage for it to fit with spare room and for me to look how I intend to on my wedding day!

Confession: i'm being motivated by the fact a "friend" who is in a fact a bit of a *****lost loads of weight for her wedding recently so I feel like I need to as well and its fuelling my hate fire when I exercise!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I have bought The Dress! (first one I tried on and kept going back to it). It is a little (a lot) snug but the lady said if I bought a size bigger and then had to take it in, it would ruin the shape and the look of the dress. So I bought the dress in the size I tried, and now have to shift a little bit of timber for it to fit comfortably, and a fair amount of poundage for it to fit with spare room and for me to look how I intend to on my wedding day!

Confession: i'm being motivated by the fact a "friend" who is in a fact a bit of a *****lost loads of weight for her wedding recently so I feel like I need to as well and its fuelling my hate fire when I exercise!

This made me laugh. Whatever motivation you can get works!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    whatever works. :)