2016 Brides

Options
Are there any other 2016 brides? I am getting married May 27, 2016 and would love to connect with others who are working hard to get into shape and planning a wedding :flowerforyou:

Kellie

Replies

• mrskaraflanders
    mrskaraflanders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 2016 Bride!!! 7/23/16 :)
  • smittysgirl4ever
    smittysgirl4ever Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Congratulations!! Have you started planning/shopping yet? I really want to wear a blush dress and have been having a heck of a time finding one... good thing I have time :smile:
  • bebabest1000
    bebabest1000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!! I'm getting married April 30 2016. I am also interested in meeting others getting in shape for their weddings. I have a long journey in front of me and feel it wold be helpful to find other with similar goals. I am 95% sure I have picked the right venue, I'm just negotiating a few things with them first. My cousin is also getting married soon. I just went dress shopping with her this past weekend. It was a lot of fun, but it also turned up the pressure on me. Other than the dress being blush colored, what kind are you looking for? :smile:
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 2016 brides! I'm getting married 2nd July 2016 I've picked the church but not much else so far. Hopefully trying on a few dresses this month to get an idea of what i'd like, but not rushing into any purchases. :-)
  • Mooly22
    Mooly22 Posts: 15
    Options
    Are there any other 2016 brides? I am getting married May 27, 2016 and would love to connect with others who are working hard to get into shape and planning a wedding :flowerforyou:

Kellie

I just set my date! June 18, 2016 :) lets work on it together

• smittysgirl4ever
    Options
    Congratulations all of you on your engagements. I am so happy that there are others on MFP with like goals. I am going to send you all friend requests. I would love to be able to lend my support and learn from you all too :) Cheers!
  • smittysgirl4ever
    Options
    PS: can anyone recommend any good forums on any wedding sites?
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    have you tried offbeat bride? Lots of individual quirky ideas and articles and stuff :-)
  • smittysgirl4ever
    Options
    have you tried offbeat bride? Lots of individual quirky ideas and articles and stuff :-)

No I haven't, but I totally will! Thank you :)
  • bethsapphire
    bethsapphire Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all :)
    Im getting married on the 18th June 2016, desperate to get into better shape for it :)
  • laur425
    laur425 Posts: 13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi there girls! Congrats to all! I am getting married April 15, 2016!

After avoiding it for as long as possible, I am dress shopping for the first time next month, I am really hoping I can relax and enjoy it, rather than being too critical because I still have some weight loss and toning to do... Good luck to you ladies!
  • terpgal85
    terpgal85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married in May of 2016 and have a long ways to go. I tried on dresses recently and it just made clear HOW much work has to happen this next year. Would love some accountability partners. I live in Baltimore if any of you do...I'm itnerested meeting up for exercising, etc.
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Still haven't picked a venue, thus no date yet, but we're aiming for September 2016. Would love to be under 200 lbs. by the time I start trying on wedding dresses, so I'm getting a bit of a head start.
  • jjdimmitt
    jjdimmitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    2016 Bride! 10/2016
  • powernapp
    powernapp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just set out date! July 23, 2016 - just about 17 months away. Feels so far, but it was the first Saturday out venue had available!

Congratulations to everyone! I would love some accountability partners. I started trying to lose when I had a feeling a proposal was coming, but there's so much more work to do!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    We're getting married September 17, 2016!

So far all we have is our photographer, who we booked last week, due to high demand. He's so talented, I would have absolutely changed our date just to have him shoot the wedding, haha.

I made my Kleinfeld appointment for November 14 (might be pushed to November 28 because of scheduling), so that was me throwing down the gauntlet. I want to be sub-170 before I try on wedding dresses. As of today I'm at 192.6.
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on April 9, 2016! I've tried on a few dresses and I've been so surprised at how amazing I feel every time. I also started folding my cranes, I'm making 1,000 and I'm 1/10th of the way there. Any ideas on what sort of (non Asian) decor might go well with the cranes (which will be hanging behind us at the ceremony?
  • lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    April 29, 2016 for me! I have 44lbs to lose for the big day. Completely doable, but it'll take a lot of work. I'd love to connect with people and help motivate each other.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    October 29, 2016!
  • emsjay73
    emsjay73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    25th June for me