Targeting above the belly button

Options
Hello all!

Perhaps I missed a similar discussion... Sorry if so! I had diastasis recti and have mostly healed it on my own through a hodgepodge combo of the mutu system and the tupler technique. I've closed my diastsis to a 1 finger with and even though my pooch is pretty much gone and back pain is relieved, I am so lean that I can actually see the subtle separation simply standing up looking in the mirror. Not pretty. I'd really LOVE to close it more if it's possible... Ii have no idea, as my progress with it seems to have slowed down. I also still have a slight outie belly button. The worst of my separation is actually about two inches above my belly button. Does anyone have tips on targeting that section of the abdomen very specifically? Also, does anyone have any tips from personal experience of reversing their umbilical hernia? Thank you!

Replies

• MistyNewRN
    Options
    Hi! I am very new to this. I've known I had DR for two months, but I'm scared to do anything about it because I'm scared to death I'll make it worse. My core is so weak, I cannot feel a pelvic tilt. I used to work with a trainer before I knew, and she was having me do situps and planks nonstop. I was so frustrated and confused as to why my belly wasn't seeing results. My trainer had to even admit to me that she didn't know why either. Well, now I do. Any tips for getting started for a new comer?