I have got to learn how to stay out of the main forums

Options
HeyPretty1
HeyPretty1 Posts: 11 Member
I discovered Keto like 10 years ago with Atkins. Now I didn't make it through induction on Atkins, but I knew the science was sound. I made the decision back in April that I wanted to try dating again and at 300 lbs, that was unlikely. So of course, I need a diet change. I found Gary Taubes' books and immediately knew that the public had been lied to. I felt a little like a conspiracy theorist, but the way Gary walks you step by step through the logic, it's really hard not to believe him. And of course, I'm a complete convert. 100% Keto for life.

But I see the posts in the other forums, about cutting calories, and exercising 2 hours a day, and doing cleanses and all kinds of ridiculous nonsense. I wish I could just shake people and yell at them, "You're not losing because you're eating 300g of carbs a day!! Just because you're eating bran muffins instead of doughnuts, doesn't mean squat!"

I just need to stay away. For my mental health.

Replies

• HeyPretty1
    HeyPretty1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

QUOTE (of My Post):

That carb goal of 247g per day means you're never going to lose anything. You're torturing yourself for no reason right now.

Complete rubbish. Please disregard.

Also, strong first post.
    Edited by northbanu On September 24, 2014 7:47 AM

Keto gets dismissed out of hand in these forums. It kind of breaks my heart that these people are starving and hungry all of the time and still not losing. And yet they fervently believe that cutting calories and exercising is the only way to lose weight. And not a one can agree on how many calories or how much exercise. I feel so helpless.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    I feel you.
    First, rule of MFP club: Don't say sugar, carb, or processed.

It's cool to dump on low-carb. They sit there like vultures waiting for someone to post about it so they can strike.
    And I sit there like a vulture waiting to take them to task once they do it. :laugh:

Just be smug knowing that you understand something they don't with all their bro-science and mob mentality. KCKO and ignore morons. :flowerforyou: You know where your friends are.