Welcome!

Options

Replies

• amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    I played WoW for about 5 years.. stopped back in 2010ish.. Now, when I have a chance to play, I play Rift :-)
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. For me, I never really eat that much while gaming, but sitting on my *kitten* all day playing games lead to a very sedentary lifestyle, and eating unhealthily at other times lead to me being ~360lb. And now I'm putting an end to my laziness and trying to lose weight.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Woohoo for gamers group!

I just recently started casually playing WoW again after a hiatus since early Cata. So... much... gear I want! lol

My endeavor is to keep it casual though, as my addiction in the past surely contributed to my larger waistline. <.<
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    FFXI was the one that did me in lol.... still playing actually ha ha
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I miss FFXI, i keep holding out hope that one day FFXIV will come out for ps3...until them i just got done beating Uncharted 3, great game, and looking forward to Skyrim and AC Revelations.

I lift a lot, use the exercise bike, and still make time for video games, it's all about balance.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I still sit on my *kitten* and play games! Now I just do it while drinking water for every death instead of eating snacks! lol

My partner does a set of curls, pushups or lunges every time he dies. It's his personal "penalty" :laugh:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton of weight while playing WoW. I never had time to eat and I was constantly burning my frozen pizzas, especially during raids.

However, when NOT playing games and still on my computer, I started snacking...

Its pretty embarassing how many filthy keyboards Ive gone through...
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Just picked up my copy of COD/MW3 and now have to wait the entire afternoon before I head home and fire up this bad boy. I did my treadmill run this morning so I could put in some hard core hours tonight..and tomorrow...and the next day.

This is better than Christmas Day!

Anyone fired up MW3 yet?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I still sit on my *kitten* and play games! Now I just do it while drinking water for every death instead of eating snacks! lol

My partner does a set of curls, pushups or lunges every time he dies. It's his personal "penalty" :laugh:
    man, I dont have the patience for that. When I die I want right back into the game lol
  • beginswithb
    Options
    -eyes the kitchen while counting the hours before WoW maintenance is over...-
  • WPoppysmith
    WPoppysmith Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite - played WOW for nearly 3 years, currently going cold turkey as not enough time to play - tried Rift but couldnt get into it.
    I miss my WOW :(
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Thanks for the invite. With all the awesome games out and coming out (Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Skyrim), I think my winter's going to turn into a lot of gaming!

Right now, I'm avoiding the new games (I may have to cave on Skyrim, though, man, I want that!) so that I'm not tempted to upgrade my video card until I have enough money. Been playing Dragon Age 2 DLC's, Mount & Blade a lot lately. Some Left For Dead 2, too.

Since I've gotten healthier, I've noticed I replaced TV watching with game playing. Basically, I have no desire to sit around watching TV (NFL football excluded). But, if I've gotten a good workout in and am ready to relax some, I game. I do stay mindful of how much "sitting" I've done in a day, so I try not to game for more than an hour or two in a day, if that. Skyrim may make that policy tough to follow. :laugh:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    WoW WotLK is definitely to blame for my inactivity and poor eating habits as well as the 40 lb weight gain. Mon-Thurs were raid nights so as soon as I got off work I had to get ready for the raid which meant eating something quick (and usually unhealthy) and getting into my sweatpants. The 2 hours prior to raid were for dailies. Weekends I never left the house because I had to farm herbs and ore and get all my alts their stuff to craft and put on the AH....if there was an achievement I was after then usually Friday nights were spend grinding rep or Fridays were the Pug raids that I could get my alts into. You know you play too damn much when you have 4 toons that are completely decked out in the latest epics...such a time sink.

But I have been cold turkey since January...I miss it, especially with the whole Pandaren thing coming out.
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new to mfp and just found this group. As a long time gamer, I had to join. :) Love playing MMOs though i'm not in one at the moment. Waiting for The Old Republic and The Secret World. I was playing Rift recently though. But man, I can't wait for Skyrim. That's probably what I'll be doing all weekend. I've made it a personal rule not to eat in my bedroom where my PC is, so that helps to cut down on the snacking while I'm playing.

Oh, but I was awful back when I played FFXI. So much snacking while playing that. I do miss playing though. Definitely has been my favorite MMO.
  • peecolay
    Options
    I actually lost weight playing Gears. My favorite game ever:heart: I would play 6-8 hours a day!

Once I was pregnant, I didn't play as much. I was too tired :ohwell: lol

After I had Skye... "What's an xbox?" I barely had time to remember to brush my teeth lol I have no idea how single moms WORK! I only take online classes and I thought it was hard!

Now that baby Skye is 6mos.... WOOHOO!!!! :bigsmile: lol I get to play more!! All my xbl friends are like "you're back!"
    ...until she wakes up or decides she HAS to be held lol

My gt for xbl is peecolay
    Same as my name on here. I'm currently playign Gears3 on Insane. It's insane:noway:
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    WoW whoo hoooooo
    lol i need to get my wireless keyboard and mouse and attach it to my treadmill then move my treadmill in front of my big monitor lol it's a win win lmfao :)
    LOL Hey there is an idea I just might steal this one lol playing WoW while working out yeah that'd be a win win for me.
  • CameronYKB
    Options
    Skyrim is kinda F'ing up my wanting to workout. Too bad there's no xbox in 24 hr fitness. Only way I'd never leave. My laptop is to bulky and expensive to also bring. damn.
  • Chriztii
    Chriztii Posts: 94
    Options

man, I dont have the patience for that. When I die I want right back into the game lol

hahahaha Same here, although that's actually not a bad idea if you can get into the habbit * Ooops i was meant to quote!
  • cjweeden
    cjweeden Posts: 5
    Options
    I've learned to balance my time. Exercise before work, game in the evenings and on weekends. It's working so far...
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I still sit on my *kitten* sometimes, but I'm up for several hours a day now.