Over 50 and trying to "run"? post here!

Options
catwrangler
catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
I'm 52, 215 lbs. and tomorrow will be my second time trying to run. C25K week 1 day 2 :blushing:

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, have lost all my excess weight, and I just finished W6D2 this morning.

My journal of this challenge is at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/russelljclarke
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Stop press: completed my first 5K this morning, at the end of week 6.
  • catwrangler
    Options
    Stop press: completed my first 5K this morning, at the end of week 6.
    I'm impressed :drinker: I don't want to race but I would like to be able to go for more than 10 minutes in a row jogging :laugh:
  • 79smudge
    79smudge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, and have just started C25k, having finished week 1 day 2. Not sure if I'll ever make the full 5km, but it's worth the try. I am having issues with our hilly terrain, so may end up running on an indoor track as the intensity and cold weather increase. Currently walking/running our back roads in bright red attire, hoping to avoid the deer hunters... :^)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I began C25K just after my 58th birthday in May, graduated 9 weeks and 2 pants sizes later, and logged over 90 miles in October.
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm 51 and just ran 20 minutes straight this morning (W5D3).... that's the longest I've run since I was about 17!!

Only 5 weeks ago I was struggling to run 90 seconds.
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm 51 and needing to lose weight for health and also so I can run faster! ;-) I have been dabbling with running since June and actually ran/walked a 5k in September. My DH and I started C25k and are currently on Week 2. The longest I ran without stopping this summer was 1.5 miles. Took me about 20 minutes I think. Anyway, my goal is to be able to run a whole 5k, and of course, to lose this weight!

Lori
  • catwrangler
    Options
    thanks you all for commenting here, I am officially inspired! :drinker: