Houston

Options

Replies

• Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! Around Leagye City area!! In the Galveston County! Feel free to add! Love to have support from the locals.
  • Slinkysmilez
    Slinkysmilez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in the Houston area. I just moved to Kingwood last month from Midtown (and moved to Texas just a few years ago). I don't know anyone and would love to have friends on here to support one another/vent and maybe even support outside of the site! Feel free to add me!
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Whats up Houston mfpers, I live in East downtown close to the new soccer stadium. Love living close to everything in the city and having a 4 mile commute now instead of 40 lol
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in the Houston area. I just moved to Kingwood last month from Midtown (and moved to Texas just a few years ago)..
    How was the adjustment? I live in the suburbs close to Clear Lake, but I'd love to live in Midtown....I think.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Options
    The adjustment was really quick love my new place. Can't beat the commute to work (montrose). I live in a more industrial area where it is mostly old boarded up warehouses so I never have traffic around my house which is awesome.

I looked at some places in midtown but how much house my dollar could buy there turned me off.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Please please please don't call it "Eado" :smile:

I used to live in Midtown (and Montrose and a zillion other places!) and work at Rice. It was pretty awesome. Except for being an eternal renter (or being eternally house poor). My SO started working waaaaaaay down south so we bought a house that was halfway in between. Now we both work other places but the house is still a halfway mark, just in opposite directions!
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Options
    I don't call it "Eado" lol my realtor did though.

I was looking into renting also and my parents talked me out of it. Rents are crazy in the area. They are building apartments over on washington less than 2 miles from me. Rents will range from $1,209 to $1,959 on units between 708 and 1,250 square feet.

Lol I bought a 2,100 sq ft brand new construction townhome and my mortgage is $1,100/mo. Rent out a bedroom for $1,000 a month.
  • Slinkysmilez
    Slinkysmilez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It has gone fairly well moving from Midtown to Kingwood myself. I still haven't met anyone though. Midtown is nice but pretty expensive now. Construction is also all around right now so it's a bit crazy. I like that I don't have that here. I love having a porch.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I guess I should post on this thread! I live down near Clear Lake, address is Friendswood, but I'm really just off 45. I work in and around Houston (drive around a lot for work). Have lived in Houston area for 25 years.

Good to see some familiar faces on these boards living so close to me.
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hello!!! I'm down in Sugar Land/Missouri City Area. Just trying to shape up and get fit. I can only run in 5 minute intervals right now. Good luck everyone!

Hey there, I'm in the area and just started the c25k app and have made great improvements. I'm training now for my first 5k in Nov. The firefly run at Reliant if that one goes good then I'll do the color run Nov. 11 downtown
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Howdy, Ya'll.

I live in the Spring/Woodlands area but drive all around for work. What are your favorite parks to go to besides the huge ones like Memorial, Herman, and the one off of Cypresswood by Stuebner Airline? What do you think is the ideal time to workout with our weather and your schedule?

Thanks,

Layla
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Is the color run the one where they throw colored powders at you at each mileage interval? That sounds SOOOOO cool, if that is what you are talking about. I was wonderfing when they were coming to Houston. I would love to train for that.
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Is the color run the one where they throw colored powders at you at each mileage interval? That sounds SOOOOO cool, if that is what you are talking about. I was wonderfing when they were coming to Houston. I would love to train for that.

Yep, that's the one, It's Nov. 11
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Howdy, Ya'll.

I live in the Spring/Woodlands area but drive all around for work. What are your favorite parks to go to besides the huge ones like Memorial, Herman, and the one off of Cypresswood by Stuebner Airline? What do you think is the ideal time to workout with our weather and your schedule?

Thanks,

Layla

This time of year, early morning is the only time I run outside. Just too dang hot. I go to a couple small parks in Friendswood or around my neighborhood.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Hey there Houstonians! I'm in West Houston!
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Hi to all the new folks!

While I'm here (:smile: ) - can anyone recommend hike/bike type trails on the (farther) SE side? The closest one to me is the Southbelt Hike and Bike Trail (goes from ~8 to ~Dixie Farm) but I am not a huge fan. Sims Bayou is also kind of close but it seems to be eternally under construction (plus riding there from the house is a death wish!).

We sometimes pack up the bikes and head to the Clear Lake area (Kirby/Red Bluff/Bay Area/Space Center) but there HAS to be something closer. We sometimes go to Hobby Airport but again, we're often relegated to sidewalks because of the relative non-safe roads.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    There is Frankie Carter Randolph Park, in Friendswood. 5150 Fm 2351 Rd.

Besides general biking/walking trails within the park, there's a separate nature trail I sometimes walk. You can bike it, too. It's 1.5 miles, I think.

Also, along FM 528 near 45, there is a bike lane that runs to FM518. (west of 45). Also, Challenger 7 Park is off FM 528 (Nasa 1), where you can bike safely. The roads in the park share cars and bikes, but I haven't had issues when I've ridden there. 2301 W Nasa Rd 1, Webster, TX 77598.
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Thanks! We'll have to explore those areas a little more. It looks fairly easy to get to Randolph park from the Southbelt trail via Dixie Farm and then smaller neighborhood streets (and then even farther south through neighborhoods to Nasa Rd 1 / Challenger 7 Park - a good 15 mile trip there!)
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Texans! I reside in Spring & work in the City West area (BW8 & Westheimer). I'm getting back into running & hope to do a 5k by Nov-Dec. I'd be open to possibly having a workout partner, I have memberships at 24 & LA Fitness. I enjoy riding my mt. bike.

I would be open to making friends with similar interests and are interested in being active. Good luck with all your goals & I hope to make some new friends!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    we are planning on moving to Spring TX. next month.i started running just over a year ago. did 2 5k's so far..really haven't been doing to much running lately hope to start back up soon.