Introductions

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Monica born and raised in Nottingham until the age of 21, then I went to USA,, Still have strong connection in England, and it will always be my home, I was there 4 weeks ago, I visit at least 3 times a year, also keep up with British news , and what ever else is going on in UK. Most of my family still live there. So glad to join this group.
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Karen from Leicester, I'm currently in my final year at university studying Political Sociology. I've been using this site for 180 days straight! Though I made this account on it last year using my iPod but never properly used it! Guess I didn't find true motivation until last May.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    how we doing.....

im morgan from warwickshire, been on here few months, came across this through mens health.

nice to chat to some fellow brits, feel free to add me :)
  • wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sandra, I'm in E. Sussex, I've lost 78 lbs so far with Slimming World and have about another stone to go.
    Good luck all, feel free to add me :-)) x
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I am Anya from Milton Keynes. I'm 33 years old physically and about 12 mentally.

I've lost about 30lbs in the past two years and have another 45lbs to go.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Scotland but live in Dubai at the moment.

I've lost 2 stone 8lbs over the last year and a half not trying very hard, that is until I joined MFP in Aug (where I've lost 17lbs so far!). I'm doing it slowly and carefully and working out like never before. Miss the fresh Scottish weather for long walks but prefer the Dubai winters to the winters in the Highlands that's for sure!

I have a good bit more to lose but very happy with my new healthy lifestyle and never want to go back to my old bad ways!! :)
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Morning all! My name's Hannah and I'm a teacher (of sorts) from Cumbria.

I've lost almost 2 stone since January and am on the final stint now, hoping to reach my goal in January or February. The health/fitness/everything has speeded up a lot since I joined the gym in August. Now I'm there most days. If you'd asked me a year ago I'd have never been able to say I actually enjoy exercise. But now? I love it!

Hope everyone's having a good week x
  • Caz2678
    Options
    Hi, i'm caz. I live just outside of Glasgow and just had a baby 6 months ago! Trying to shift the baby weight, but struggling to get motivated as I am so busy and sleep deprived lol

Feel free to add me :)
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Brits! I'm Jennifer, 28 from Greenock in the west of Scotland! I have been on MFP since 3rd January 2011 and lost 30lbs so far, still got 16lbs or so to go!
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm Karen, originally from Aberdeen (and have lived in a few other places) but currently in NL. Same-ish time-zone though.

I've been on MFP (properly) since March and have lost 3 1/2 stone, need to shift about another 2 1/2.

k.
  • Cloupe
    Cloupe Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, Im Cassy, I live in Swansea but I'm originally from Lutterworth/Rugby in the midlands. I have A LOT to lose from my pregnancy as I put on 6 stone...I was expecting to give birth to a teenager!! Will be great to chat with all the brits and using stones and real dress sizes!!
    good luck all!
    cassy
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Anna in Glasgow - hi! Lost 20lbs and in the process of gaining it back :angry:
  • Dust123
    Options
    Hi I'm Sam. I have 2 children under 5 and work 4 days a week. I don't seem to have the time to do any exercise and although I lost q fair bit from when I was pregnant that weight is creeping back on. I want to be fitter and weigh about a stone less.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lauren from The Muff (Plymouth). I lost 2 stone last year, but gained 3 when I was preggo with my first baby! I have lost two stone since my heaviest post baby weight and hope to surpass my pre-baby weight and have a nice healthy BMI! Nice meeting you all!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii, I am Kay, originally from Jamaica (hope I still qualify to be in this group) and living in London. I am just trying to lose another 6 - 10 lbs.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Dee and i'm from London and wanting to lose 3 more stone.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm Nic, 26 and live in Gateshead.

Currently a bit tipsy off Weight Watchers wine (which is pretty lame)

I use MFP to track what I eat as I can easily feast on too much chocolate!

I've got a bottle of that in the fridge...just about to crack it open...not really looking forward to it anymore lol!!

I'm Laura, 28 from Southampton. I've got family in Cleveland so spend a bit of time there...I miss the north :-((

Want to lose another 2 stone - here's to weight loss...CHEERS GUYS!!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wine isn't too bad for you anyway is it? 500 cals for an entire bottle of vin rouge - certainly more value than drinking beer! How many cals in your WW wine and does it taste any good?
  • Annemiles
    Options
    Hi I'm Anne (age 47) from Berkshire - Have been on MFP for 12 months now and have lost 35lbs so far - Just another 8lb to go. Love going to the gym but most of all love running. Me and my daughter Jessica (who is also with MFP) go running together regularly. Have done 3 half marathons before but that was 2 to 3 years ago, would love to do another one within next 6 months.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm Ceira from london.
    I have been on MFP since may but started my weight loss in april.
    I am 30 years old and a stay at home mum with 2 daughters.