Tuesday Chat 11/8

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
I thought maybe we could have a daily chit chat thread discuss our exercise plans for the day and other random things.

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    Options
    No exercise plans today. It is my rest day. The kids have off from school, so going to keep them busy by taking them out to breakfast and going to see an early movie.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That sounds like fun! Hope yall have a great day. I plan on running another easy 3 miles again today, then nothing the rest of the week till the race on Sunday.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did some ab work this am (half of Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, had to stop because I felt dehydrated, then I did a 10 min ab bonus from 10 lb slimdown extreme). This evening I will go to the gym and do 25-30 minutes of toning, I think I'm gonna utilize the Bosu, then jump on the eliptical or exercise bike for 30 min.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Haven't made up my mind. Kind of want to get a light run in (2 miles-ish) if my knee will allow it, but I may do a cross-trainer this evening (JM30DS, Level 1) to dovetail on yesterday's longer strength training session. No matter what, I'm hitting the foam-roller and some dynamic stretches twice today. Make it hurt so good! :sad: :laugh:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a p90x/running hybrid. Yesterday was my distance run, I did 7.59 miles (trail run) at a 9:45 pace, which is great for me!! Today is p90x and tomorrow will be a 3-4 tempo run!
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I was going to do a short 5-mile run this morning, but I realized I have nothing to do until 4:30, so I think I might head out for a 15.5 miler. I really need to get on the cross training though, I was so focused on training for my first (and second) half marathons that I haven't done any lifting or anything for months.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I started a Tai Chi class last night. I did Asylum Relief this AM and will go home at lunch and do a Yoga routine. It's my official rest day.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Short 4 miler on the schedule for today...might do one of those miles at 8k tempo.
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today:) Plan to do my second ever half-marathon in March - so I am planning to run 3 miles tomorrow and try and do 4-5 on Saturday:) I also do P90x and Zumba as well - mix it up:) Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Today is a scheduled cross-training day. I'm supposed to do be doing yoga or pilates on these days, so I'll probably do yoga. I'd like to go for a swim but don't really feel like walking to the gym today :embarassed:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Just to introduce myself, I'm Angela 26 years old, just picked up running again this Feb, but was out for 8 weeks in the summer from an injury. Afterwards I only ran once a week and did other things on other days but just recently I've picked it up again to 3-4 days a week. I am shooting for 100 miles in November, by doing short runs during the week and 10+ mile runs on the weekends. Ultimately my goal is to run a marathon. Today I ran 7 miles. Hoping I will be able to get my 12 mile run in this weekend but it's supposed to be pouring rain Fri-Sun :(
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am out of town this week, actually in my hometown staying with my sis, she just had a baby, so I'm helping out for the week.

I am planning to get out of the house today to go to a local running club meet up associated with a local Irish Pub. It'll only be 3 miles, hopefully I'll have some others who run my pace or else it won't be as fun as I'm imagining it will be. Maybe make a friend or two, or run into someone I know from high school and catch up with a beer afterwards.

I wish I had one of these type clubs near my current home, would definitely be a great way to mix up my workouts/routines.

also, looking forward to my 12 mile run on Friday.... going to the beach!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome Angela!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Crappy weather here today...gonna go hit the gym for a 4-5 mile treadmill run (joy, oh joy).
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fighting a touch of the flu (come on immune system!!) so I'm telling myself to take it easy today. I'm not used to down time but my body needs it. Hope you all have a fabulous workout though!
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did the Marine Corps Marathon last week, so I'm taking it easy for a couple of weeks. I took last week off completely, and ran about 5 miles yesterday. Today I biked a few miles into work and will do the same on the way home, but no running. I'm going to get back to doing the core strengthening planks and good stretching that I've been neglecting!

Thanks for starting the group and the thread!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Today is a scheduled cross-training day. I'm supposed to do be doing yoga or pilates on these days, so I'll probably do yoga. I'd like to go for a swim but don't really feel like walking to the gym today :embarassed:

Did some super deep stretching with YouTube videos from some yoga people on there that I like (namely Sadie Nardini). Love deep stretching, but I've been so lazy about doing it lately and am ridiculously tight. I knew I was tight but had no idea the extent of it :embarassed:
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tonight for me is meeting up with the running group and tackling hills, which to say is my least favorite part of training. I know it has to be done, but my mind can't seem to tackle the hills in general. I do know the hills I will be running tonight, but I also know how much I dislike them.

Other than that, its more meal planning and laundry tonight. Maybe a good movie.. .any suggestions?
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    I need to go for a walk, I can never rest on my rest day.

Everyday my foot feels better so hopefully I can start running soon!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a half coming this Saturday so I will cut back at the end of the week. So I did 6.5 this morning and then 5 more at lunch time.