Tuesday Chat 11/8

Options
2»

Replies

• chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cross training today, 45 minutes of hills on the bike trainer. 1 hour of weight training, bi/abs/back/legs 8 sets of 8 with 20 sec rest interval so it was an extra hour of cardio. Good times. 5 mile run tomorrow. Doing base building until the end of January, up to 36 miles/week before I start my next marathon cycle.
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bljbixer -you aren't talking about the McGuire's Running Club are you?
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Today was a short 5 miles and tomorrow morning shall be a slightly longer 10km. Currently trying to up mileage for first marathon in April
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Ran an easy recovery 3 miles today. First run since marathon, hoping it takes some of the ache out of my hamstrings!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cycling tonight for me. Tomorrow is my rest day.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a half coming this Saturday so I will cut back at the end of the week. So I did 6.5 this morning and then 5 more at lunch time.

Good luck on your half!!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bljbixer -you aren't talking about the McGuire's Running Club are you?

Why yes I am! How on earth did you guess? I'm in Pensacola visiting family.
    It was a great 3 miles. I need to run with a group more often, I can run so much faster than when I'm solo!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Did P90x Plyo workout tonight.

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Kat- Did you run the Monumental last weekend?
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I took Spin class tonight followed by an all abs class for 15 mins.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Did my final LSD run today before raceday. Felt a little weak, nauseous so it only ended up being 26k but almost 3 hours. I am okay with it because I did 35k two weeks ago. Taper begins now :S
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I had my group training's pyramid run this morning. As much as I thought I wouldn't enjoy speedwork I really love our pyramid runs! They're actually really fun! I like to run fast. And they get me really buzzing for the day cos they really raise the heart rate. I'm a little annoyed that it's raining now, as I can't go for my walk.
    My new running shoes arrived today, yay!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I had my group training's pyramid run this morning. As much as I thought I wouldn't enjoy speedwork I really love our pyramid runs! They're actually really fun! I like to run fast. And they get me really buzzing for the day cos they really raise the heart rate. I'm a little annoyed that it's raining now, as I can't go for my walk.
    My new running shoes arrived today, yay!

What is a Pyramid run?