Introductions

Options
Introduce yourself here!

Replies

• Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Birmingham, AL...been on MFP for over 6 months. Lost a total of about 95lbs...Mom of 3 kids (2, 4, 7). I work full time, Run a ministry w/hubby...and I am currently studying to be a Personal Trainer
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm from north Alabama, Florence, I've been a member since January and I have lost 35lbs.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm from Birmingham as well! :-) 24, mom to one 2 1/2 year old boy. Been on MFP since July 29th.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I actually live just outside of Birmingham but I work downtown. I joined MFP in early 2010, then kind of dropped off for a while and have since been back full-time since April of this year.

My primary goal revolves more around building muscle mass as opposed to losing weight, although in working towards that goal I can tell that I have lost a few pounds and some much needed inches around the waist. :)

And yes jlzrdking .... Roll Tide!!! ;)
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add...

ROLL TIDE! :-)
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    Hello I live in Gulf Shores. Been on MFP for 3 months now and have lost 25 lbs. Single mom of a 19 yo son :)
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi im Kim im 24 and I live just outside of Huntsville AL. I've been a member on MFP for just over 2 weeks and have lost about 9 lbs.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My name is Doris Holaway. I live in Scottsboro Alabama. I have been on MFP for about 4 and a half months now. I love this site. I have lost over 50 lbs. since January (some of this before MFP) I am a happily divorced lady with a grown daughter and 3 grand kids. I am a leader of a T.O.P.S group here in Scottsboro.
  • MrsC3761
    MrsC3761 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Congrats on your weight loss thus far & keep up the great work! My name is Tiffany. I am a wife, and mother of two girls (7 & 3). I am a SAHM looking for Friends & Motivators! I've been heavy mostly my whole life that I remember but I am older now, finsished having kids so I have no reason to gain anymore weight & every reason to loose. I am ready to get in control of my life & stop letting my Chocolate addiction get in my way of living life to the fullest! :)
    I am a member of my local ymca, I love ZUMBA aerobics! If I cant get to the Gym I walk around my neighborhood.

I have been on MFP for a little over two weeks & I've lost 5lbs so far. I LOVE THIS SITE. It's helped me learn about what I am putting in my body. I've learned a lot already about portion size & calorie counting. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME.. I will give support & only ask the same in return!!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Hey all! I live in Birmingham and have been a member of MFP since.. umm not sure. I signed up and didn't become active until maybe two or three weeks ago. In any case I'm here and gearing to make a change!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennie. I joined back in the summer and was active for about a month. I quit logging in and did a Whole30 (Paleo) after that with a group on Facebook. Now I'm back on MFP. I've lost 7 lbs with about 10 or 15 to go. I aim for low carb and paleo when I'm feeling like it. Otherwise, I just try to watch the processed food, sugar, and simple carbs. I try to get 30 minutes of brisk walking 6 days a week, one off day on the weekend. I also try to get in 3 days of 20 to 30 minutes of a high intensity kettlebell workout in when I can. Kettlebells are by far the simplest and most effective way I've found to drop the inches and gain strength (thereby burning calories & fat).

I live in Tuscaloosa right now with my 3 kitty cats and my fiancé. But... I'm an Auburn University alum... so WAR EAGLE!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Hi! My name is Erica and I am from North Mobile Alabama. I love going to the beach and Auburn football! I'm hear om mfp mostly to maintain but would like to see a few more pounds go. Feel free to add me
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    My name is April. I live in Hayden. I have been a member of MFP since last year, but didn't start using it until June of this year. I have lost a total of 47 lbs (37 on MFP). Currently doing a ketosis (Paleo) diet. I finished C25K back in Sept. and have been working on Bridge to 10k.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!
  • jjbeach1986
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Jennifer and I am from Mobile, AL and am new to MFP. Like most every other dieting thing I am skeptical but just from reading some of y'alls stories it seems like this really works and I am really excited to hopefully be reaching my weight loss goals!

I'm in college, getting my degree in geology, and usually have a busy lifestyle. I'm in the last two semesters there and will be able to make a little time now to focus on my health and getting some of this weight off!

Roll Tide!!!
  • ARMYGirlfriend89
    Options
    Heyy my name is Samantha,i live in Gulf Shores.
    Im new to MFP...i have been on it for 5 days :D
    Feel free to add :)
    Roll Tide Roll! (watch out auburn were coming for u this sat!) lol
  • brettle1
    brettle1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Brett from Birmingham here! Just joined MFP yesterday. Already really like it! I've lost 15lbs over the past month by eating healthier and working out at Planet Fitness. I think MFP will help me keep on track. Good luck to everyone!
    Roll Tide!!!
    42-14:laugh:
  • mommyhas4boyss
    mommyhas4boyss Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Brittany. I am from Eufaula, Alabama. I am a mother of 3 little boys and a wife of a US Army Soldier. I just joined MFP today so hopefully i will get the results i want. Time to change :D
  • denimnlace
    denimnlace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! :smile:

I'm Randa. I'm from Tuscaloosa, AL. I just got started on MFP. My husband joined up with me. We just got the Wii Fit and I hope that that will be helpful. We are going to try it out tonight! Can't wait to get started for real!!! I used to be in great shape and this out of shape body (that I'm quite certain isn't mine) stays tired too often. I'm gonna try real hard to trade it in for my old one!! haha.

I would appreciate anyone who wants to friend me help keep me motivated!! And keep me in check too! Thanks!!!

Good luck to all y'all!!!
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!! I'm Amy, from Woodland, Alabama!!! I started MFP several months ago, cant remember exactly what month I started!!! But so far I've lost a total of 4 lbs... I would like to meet new ppl on here and have them to motivate me to get me to the goal I want to be at!!! If any of you have easy, low calorie recipes, let me know... I would be so interested at trying anything new!!!! I have 2 girls ages soon to be 3 this friday, and 1 and a handsome fiance!!! Well that about sums it up for now ... Good Luck to all of you that are trying to get down to your goal weight, I wish the best for all of you!!!! :)
  • sweetNcountrygirl
    Options
    Hello! I am Melissa and live in New Market, Alabama! Been on this site for about 4 months, but actually been using it daily for about three weeks! I have a daughter that is 7 and keeps me busy! I have lost 8 pounds so far and plan to lose many more!!