Are you a perpetual "half gamer"?

Options
13»

Replies

• godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I am a half gamer... I am just REALLY slow at finishing games. I don't like to rush through games!
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Right now, I've got a few PS2 RPGs left incomplete:

- Dark Cloud 2
    - Suikoden IV
    - Wild Arms: Alter Code F
    - Shadow Hearts 2

uhhh... and probably a few more that I've forgotten about :(

Think its been like 2-3 years since I last touched either of the games, and if I ever gonna complete them, looks like I gotta start frm the beginning or scroll thru' a gamefaqs walkthru to see if I can remember where I stopped! omg... some where pretty near completion too I think. I should make this a 2012 resolution, to finish up at least ONE of those.

I blame WoW for that >_<"

PS. I nvr finished any of the pokemon games either... I just get tired of it & move on after I beat the Elite Four LOL
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'll buy discount games and just never actually play them, especially with the deals on Steam now. But if I pay full price for a game I fully intend to get 500+ hours of game time in with that game. If I don't see that potential, I won't buy it.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My bf and I allllways go out and buy games at GameStop during the Buy 2 get 1 Free used games sales...and then rarely play em.

We bought the Reservoir Dogs game for PS2 a few weeks ago. :noway:
  • ViciousPrincess0707
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am notorious for never finishing a game! I think I can count the games I've actually finished on both hands
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I feel I get a buyers high buy a game, play 3 hours never play it again.

Yes, this! I bought dark souls when it came out and was like YYYEEEEAAAHHH played it all night and then...! Skyrim came out. But yeah, dont always finish games :|
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I never finish games. I logged a ton of hours in skyrim and can't even stand to look at it now.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I'm stubborn; I don't want to go get a walkthrough, I want to figure it out myself!

Or, more lately, I have a coworker who is wonderfully determined to fill in my lack of childhood gaming by lending me tons of games--which means I have too much going on!

I'm pretty faithful to my MMO guild once a week, but other than that, I don't log much else game time (unless you cound DDR for cardio).

The list pretty much starts with Myst V: End of Ages and goes through Endless Ocean 2, Gladius, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Portal, KOTOR, Starcraft, Minecraft, and goes on from there...

ETA: And most recently, Skyward Sword. Got stuck and am waiting for the irritation to cool...
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Almost every console game is like thatfor me. I just was never a fan of finishing console games, no idea why