Introductions

Options
1235»

Replies

• CaitMcKenzie13
    CaitMcKenzie13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Caitlin, and I'm allergic to milk, wheat, and eggs. I was diagnosed when I was 12, and since then have alternated between being really successful and a total disaster in sticking to my diet. I'm so much healthier when I stick with it though! It's nice to see so many other who struggle with similar issues. I've figured out what works for me along the way, and maybe I can be of help to others. I'm also excited to see what sorts of tips you all have for allergen-free living. :)
  • GinaSimply
    GinaSimply Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Gina and I am allergic / intolerant to a list of fun! Dairy, Soy, Peanuts, Wheat are the worst of the bunch... still trying to figure out a few. It's great to see support her on Myfitnesspal. This has been a fun challenge in my journey!
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Sam, and I'm allergic to eggs and pistachios. I also have a severe mold allergy, so in addition to not tolerating many antibiotics, I have to be careful eating cheeses, breads, mushrooms, peanuts, and leftover foods. If they're cooked properly I don't react, but if there's a small amount of mold (say on a piece of bread that's a few days old) I will get sick.

I also have bad seasonal allergies to many tree pollens (Oh, springtime in New Mexico...) and a mild allergy to latex.

It's been quite a journey figuring out why I felt so awful for years. I was tested for celiac disease (which my sister has) and Crohn's disease before an allergy test was finally done. I feel so much better now that I'm egg-free!
  • NYCH1CA
    NYCH1CA Posts: 2
    Options
    hello. im Alexandria. I personally do not have any food allergies but my 2 year old does. She is HIGHLY allergic to milk and eggs, along with peanuts, tree nuts and peas. She is gluten sensitive and might be soy sensitive! I hope to learn some new family friendly easy dinner recipes. And get some tips from people who have experience with allergies and sensitivities.
    :)