Chicken Recipes

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Recipes with chicken as the main ingredient.

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Russian Chicken is the best !!!!!!!!!!

bonless breast
    16 oz botle russian dressing(creamy if you can find it)
    1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
    10 oz Apricot jam

Mix together and our over chicken breast - Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350 or 6-8 hours on low in the crcok pot serve over rice !

You will thank me later !

Lori
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but after the holidays I always have tons of turkey left over. I tried this recipe last year and it is one of my favorites! Here is the link if you want nutritional info (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=495142)

Low-Fat Creamy Chicken (or Turkey) Enchiladas

Ingredients
    1 10 3/4 oz. can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (98% Fat-Free)
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    1 medium onion, chopped (abt. 1/2 cup)
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
    1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
    8 8-inch flour tortillas (can use corn for even lower fat!)
    1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese

Directions
    1. Stir soup and sour cream in small bowl.
    2. Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and chili powder and cook until tender. Add chicken, chilies, and 2 tbsp soup mixture.
    3. Spread 1/2 cup soup misture in an 11- by 8-inch (2 quart) shallow baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Top with Cheese.
    4. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
    makes 5 servings (two enchiladas in a serving)

Number of Servings: 5

Let me know what you think!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My favorite chicken recipe is Poulet Au Vinaigre. It is wonderful and even my picky husband loves it. Here is the original recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/skinless-chicken-thighs-with-shallots.html

I never have shallots on hand, so I always use sweet onions in their place. I also leave out the butter.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    wish i took a pic when i made this last week but i didn't think of it i might start doing it now lol

got this from skinnytaste.com and was so good i put it over some brown rice and added scallions to it too yummmmm

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: divide between 4 • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 169 • Fat: 5.5 g • Protein: 22.8 g • Carb: 4.9 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 1.7 g

8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
    2 tsp butter
    2 tsp olive oil
    1/4 cup all purpose flour* (use rice flour if gluten free)
    3-4 cloves garlic, minced
    12 oz sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup white wine
    1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 200°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.

Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.

Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add mushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.

Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.

*I only used 1 tbsp of flour and tossed the rest, so calculations were for 1 tbsp flour only.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Take some chicken breasts, season them with what you prefer. We love garlic powder. Cook in a skillet till they are still pink on the inside but cooked on the outside.

Toss them into a crockpot. Pour BBQ sauce over it. not much just a light coat. Cook on low for 1-2 hours or until you can use 2 forks and easily pull the chicken apart. We like Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.

Shred up all the chicken and then you may need to add more sauce till it looks like enough. Put it on a bun and Wala! We also like cheese on the bun to go with it.

I didn't do a calorie count because it all depends on the sauce and how many chicken breasts you use. We usually do 4 breasts for a family of 5. and the sauce always varies.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I bake chicken a lot using italian dressing. Lo-cal and very tasty!
  • cheetosandburritos
    Options
    This came from Kraft Foods website, which is not usually the best source of "healthy" recipes. You could lower the nutritional data even more by using reduced fat cheese and sour cream.

Foil Pack Taco Chicken

2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 t taco seasoning
    ¼ lb red potatoes, thinly sliced
    ½ c salsa
    ½ c Mexican style cheese
    2 T sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Place a ½ c of the potatoes on center of each of 4 large sheets of heavy duty foil; top evenly with chicken, salsa and cheese.
    2. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10 inch pan.
    3. Bake 30 to 35 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Remove packets from oven. Let stand 5 mins. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening. Serve with sour cream

Serves 2
    270 cals
    9 fat
    15 carbs
    2 fiber
    2 sugars
    32 protein
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This is a link to 100 Easy Chicken Recipes from Cooking Light:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/
  • Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WILD RICE AND ALMONDS WITH CHILI CHICKEN BREASTS
    (copied and pasted from jillian michaels news letter)

Are you making a conscious effort to make the healthy switch to whole grains? Whole grains are full of nutrients with lots of vitamin B and E, iron, and magnesium, — offering much more nutritional value than refined grains. The best part is that they're becoming more readily available. You can substitute brown rice for white rice at most restaurants and grocery stores across the country are carrying more and more whole grain options. This weekend, include some whole grains on your menu with this satisfying wild rice dish that you can complement with a delicious salad of leafy greens.

Ingredients

3/4 cup wild rice
    1 bay leaf
    4 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    1/2 cup green onions, sliced, with top
    1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 lemon, cut into wedges
    1/2 cup organic almond slivers
    Preparation
    In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring rice, 1 1/2 cups water and bay leaf to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer about 40 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.

Rub chicken with lemon juice and sprinkle with chili powder (about 1/8 teaspoon per side). Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, sauté 3 minutes, then turn over chicken and cover skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with knife point.

When rice is cooked, reduce heat to medium-low. Mix in onions, almonds, and lemon peel to heat through; mix in salt. Divide rice and chicken among four plates. Serve with lemon wedges.

Makes 4 servings

Prep Time: 15 mins
    Cook Time: 55 mins
    Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins

Nutrition Facts
    Number of Servings: 4
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 342
    Total Fat: 2 g
    Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
    Cholesterol: 84 mg
    Sodium: 380 mg
    Total Carbohydrate: 29 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2 g
    Protein: 35 g

Recipes Source: California Almond Board
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
    1lb courgettes/zucchini
    2 medium sweet red peppers
    4 celery sticks
    1 onion
    2 cloves garlic
    8 sundried tomatoes
    10 plum tomatoes
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp paprika
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    4 chicken breasts
    200g philidelphia light herb and garlic cream cheese

Step 1: cut a pocket in each chicken breast to fill with cream cheese (50g per breast) and secure with scewers - set aside
    Step 2: cut courgettes, peppers and celery to similar size
    Step 3: chop up onion, garlic, sundried and plum tomatoes
    Step 4: preheat oven to 190C/375F
    Step 5: heat the oil in a pan. Cook onions and garlic for 4 minutes or until soft and golden
    Step 6: Add courgettes, pepper and celery and cook for 5 minutes
    Step 7: Stir in tomatoes (both), oregano and balsamic vinegar. Season well
    Step 8: Put in an ovenproof dish. Place chicken on top. Drizzle with olive oil if desired, season with paprika
    Bake for 35 - 40 minutes

YUMMY!!!

Based on 1 piece of chicken but dividing the veg part in 3!
    367 calories, 15 carbs, 20 fat, 34 protein, 411 sodium
  • moxley20
    Options
    I've been eating this chicken sandwich for lunch everyday! so good

Chicken and Avocado Sandwich:

Ingredients:

- 1 Boneless skinless chicken breast
    - 1 or 2 slices whole grain bread
    - Lime juice
    - Garlic
    - 1/2 Jalapeno
    - 1/2 Avocado
    - 1 Tomato
    - A few slice red onion

Directions:

- Marinate boneless skinless chicken breast in lime juice, chopped garlic, chopped jalapeno (20 min - to overnight)
    - Cook chicken breast, any way you like
    - Slice and add to bread (toasted)
    - Mash up avocado and spread on toast
    - Slice tomato and red onion and add to toast
    - Add salt and pepper if wanted
    - Enjoy!!

Tip: to make this sandwich even healthier, make it an open face sandwich with only one piece of toast

Nutrition (with one piece of bread)
    Calories: 445
    Carbs: 25
    Fat: 18
    Protein: 29
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    This one was awesome, low carb/calorie and high in protein. I'll be making this again for sure. Enjoy:

Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Breasts

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-rosemary-chicken-breasts-10000001981777/

Ingredients

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil $
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided $
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided $
    4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned $
    1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice $
    1 rosemary sprig

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375°.
    2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over chicken. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Arrange chicken in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from oven; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
    3. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add broth, juice, and rosemary sprig. Bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until broth mixture measures 1/3 cup. Discard rosemary sprig; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve sauce with chicken.

Wendy Collett, Cooking Light
    MAY 2010

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving

Calories: 230
    Fat: 8.9g
    Saturated fat: 1.8g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 33.4g
    Carbohydrate: 2.3g
    Fiber: 0.5g
    Cholesterol: 89mg
    Iron: 1.3mg
    Sodium: 518mg
    Calcium: 24mg
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stir-fry with Bok Choy and Garlic Sauce

Ingredients:

3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
    3 large bok choy stalks with leaves
    Marinade:
    1 TB Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
    1 green onion, diced
    2 tsp cornstarch
    Sauce:
    1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    2 TB water
    1 tsp white rice vinegar
    1/2 tsp black rice vinegar
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 tsp salt
    Other:
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    4 teaspoons water
    4 to 5 TB oil for stir-frying, as needed

Preparation:
    Cut the chicken into thin strips about 2-inches long. Add the rice wine or sherry, green onion and the cornstarch. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.

While the chicken is marinating, prepare the bok choy and the sauce. Separate the bok choy leaves and stalks, and cut both cross-wise into thin strips.

Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.

Heat wok and add 2 TB oil. When oil is ready, add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns white and is nearly cooked. (Stir-fry in two batches if necessary). Drain the stir-fried chicken on paper towels.

Clean out the wok and add 2 - 3 TB oil. When oil is ready, add the bok choy stalks. Stir-fry briefly and add the leaves.

Push the bok choy up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch/water mixture to the sauce and stir rapidly to thicken.

Add the chicken. Mix through and serve hot. Serves 4. I had with brown rice and was delish!

Per serving (based on 3 servings and 4 TB oil for stir-frying, not including rice): Calories 260, Carbs 4, Fat 1, Protein 26
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie-Flavored Chicken Breasts

(from low sodium/cholesterol book)

1/4 cup (60ml) Honey
    1 teaspoon (2.5g) Paprika
    1 teaspoon (3g) Onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon (1g) Black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon (0.5g) Dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon (0.8g) Garlic powder
    4 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 325 F (170 C, or gas mark 3) Mix honey, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, and garlic powder. Rub onto chicken. Roast for 45 minutes, or until done, basting occasionally with pan juices.

Makes 4 serving

Per Serving:
    148 cal, 0 Total fat, 17 g protein, 19g carbs, 0 fiber, 18g sugar, 48 sodium, 16mg calcium, 217 potassium, 41 cholesterol,

***I have tried putting this recipe into MFP and it always comes up more because of the chicken. I just manually put in the ingredients in the recipe section and go fro there. It is not drastically off but it is off depending on what you use***
  • strela32
    Options
    Light Curry Chicken (about 200 cals per serving)

1 lb. of skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 or 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
    1 tbsp curry powder
    1 1/2 cup of water
    1 boullion cube, chicken flavor
    2 tbsp corn starch
    3/4 to 1 cup of 1% low fat milk
    1 small can of mushrooms (about 4oz), strained and rinsed (optional; if added need to count the cals)

Sautee diced onions on hot oil for a few minutes, before adding the chicken pieces. Brown the chicken evenly, on the oil infused with the onions. Add the curry, always stirring, to coat all the pieces, and infuse the chicken, for about 2 minutes.
    Meanwhile, put the boullion cube in a bowl with the water and take to the microwave for a couple of minutes, to dissolve the cube. Pour this chicken stock in the pan with the chicken and curry (at this point, add the mushrooms- optional), stir well, let it boil, and cover for 20 to 30 minutes in low heat.
    Meanwhile, have the milk at room temperature, and dissolve the corn starch in it.
    Uncover the pan, add the milk-corn starch mix into the sauce, slowly, always stirring, until the consistency thinckens up.
    Serves with white rice or mashed potatoes. I prefer white rice. Serves 4.
    The original recipe had heavy cream, instead of milk. You can go even lighter and try skin milk or other kind of milk, instead of 1% milk.
  • maurbor
    maurbor Posts: 14
    Options
    This is a link to 100 Easy Chicken Recipes from Cooking Light:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/

Thanks for the link!
  • AMike98
    AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Lots of great receipes....thanks