Beef Recipes

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Recipes with beef as the main ingredient.

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am trying a new one tonight called pizza burgers... I will post back after I make and try it and do the calculations...
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    OOOH that sounds good! Definitely report back!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    OOOH that sounds good! Definitely report back!

Will do! I just hope I can get the picture thing down pat! I'm not good with pictures unless I can just zap them from my computer to here...

We just bought a 1/4 of a cow and we deer hunt too. Well, my hubby and the kids do I just help clean it and cook it. My hubby says I'm too loud. Whatever. So we have plenty of beef/ground beef. Deer cooks the same way.

Hey to the creater, why not do a section for wild game? Like birds, deer, fish, goat, ect? Just a idea. Something new to try from the people who cook it regularly?
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, it was a bust... BUT Here's the recipe anyways...

1 pound ground beef
    2 Cups Ragu pasta sauce
    2 Cups Motz cheese shredded

Mix 1 Cup of the sauce with the beef and 1 cup of the cheese as well. make into patties and grill like normal.
    Melt some of the cheese on top of the burger and add some of the extra sauce.

Wala! The recipe says to use English Muffins as the buns but that was a bust as well. They were WAY too hard. So, we switched to buns. My girls didn't eat much. my hubby and I ate it but were like uh it's ok.

I usually try to make something the first time like the recipe says to then the next time I do my own version.

I put it through the recipe calculator, but I'm just going to post total calories because we all use different cheese, and buns, and such. but here's a idea.

Calories: 400 ish. I didn't measure the cheese so the calories depend. But thats the idea.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/08/taco-cornbread-bake.html

Made this last night for dinner, and last week one night also. Soooooo good!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Broccoli Meat Loaf
    (note: You can't really taste the Spinach or Broccoli)

IMG_9963.jpg

Serving size 3.5 oz cooked
    Calories: 142..............Carbs: 8..............Fiber: 3..............Fat: 5..............
    ..............Protein: 16..............Sugar: 2..............Sodium: 85

Ingredients (makes 16 servings)

32 oz 93/7 Ground Beef
    4 Eggs
    8oz Tomato Sauce- No Salt Added
    14oz bag - Frozen Broccoli Florets (could substitute fresh)
    1 bag (9 cups) Market Side Fresh Spinach - Spinach Leaves
    2 cups Kashi - Golean - Original Cereal (blended into bread crumbs)
    2 tbsp Garlic Powder
    2 tbsp Onion Powder
    2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
    1 tbsp pepper

Pre-heat to 350

Prep
    - In a blender/food processor blend Kashi cereal until its bread crumb consistency.
    - In a blender/food processor break up broccoli until it is just small pieces (easier to do if its still frozen)
    - On the stove top add the whole bag of spinach to skillet, cover and cook on low for a few minutes ( you will see the leaves begin to wilt). Mix around every minute or so, that way it doesn't stick. When its not longer crunchy/leafy your done.

Directions:
    1) Combine Beef, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Broccoli, Spinach, Spices and HALF the tomato sauce to a large bowl. Mix well using hands. Make sure everything is fully mixed together.

2) On Tin Foil form in to Loaf Shape, and then wrap snugly with tin foil all around. Place into a backing dish (because it will leak juices while it cooks).

3) Bake @ 350 degrees for about an hour, or until its no longer pink inside ( 160 degrees if you have a meat thermometer) - Mine actually ended up cooking for an hour 1/2. (May need to drain some of the juices halfway through)

4) Remove foil, and top with remaining tomato sauce and some more spices. Spread sauce over entire top of loaf. Place back in oven under broil for a few minutes (or until topping/outside looks more like a crust)
  • Bridgetttespage
    Bridgetttespage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite beef recipes besides a real burger are: Triple Cheeseburger meatloaf (can be done in the crockpot or oven), Balsamic Steak Rolls, Chipotle Barbacoa Beef copycat, (all on Pinterest, or Google them) and a sirloin tip roast I coat in minced garlic, olive oil, Simply Organic Steak Seasoning and broil until it browns a bit, then lower heat to 350 and finish it so it gets a nice crust on it. I also make a healthy "hamburger helper" with ground beef of your choice, cabbage, onions, steak seasoning and salt and pepper.
  • vaavale
    vaavale Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Curry beef soup

Original recipe makes 6 servings

2 tablespoons butter

2 onions, chopped

1 pound cubed beef stew meat

6 cups beef stock

2 tablespoons curry powder

2 bay leaves

2 potatoes, sliced

2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

2 teaspoons salt

Directions

Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cook onions and beef cubes until beef is browned and onions are tender.
    Add the beef stock, curry and bay leaves. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
    Add the potatoes, vinegar and salt. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until all is tender. Remove bay leaves, and serve hot.

This is really nice with added carrots or pumpkin, parsnips etc
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    Asian beef lettuce wraps:
    http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2012/10/asian-beef-lettuce-wraps.html

Made these last night and my boyfriend, who is notoriously anti-vegetable, loved them and even took some to work for lunch :smile: