So, where are you and what do you like to do?

Options

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    << San Joaquin valley birth and raised for 22 years. I lived in stockton so I enjoyed not getting shot, and walking fast through certain neighborhoods...

:laugh: So true! My husband won't go to Mexico for vacation because he says it's too dangerous right now. I keep telling him that I would be more likely to be shot in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Stockton than in Cancun, MX.

I'm from TX but moved to NorCal (south of Stockton) a couple of years ago. LOVE it here!

I work in Downtown Stockton. I think I may have PTSD from that. :laugh:
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I live in Vacaville.. which is about 35 minutes from Sacramento, and 45 from San Francisco. Although there isn't a lot to do in my town (it has grown a lot in the past decade though) I'm pretty much in the center of anything. <3 Nor cal :)
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    L.A. in Hizzouse!! Pasadena area area to be exact, with a LOOOOONG commute to work in Santa Monica.

I'm a newbie to running and LOVE it! I'm currently training for my first Half-Marathon (which happens to be where that Rat that some of you were mentioning lives)

I also enjoy Zumba, Yoga, long romantic walks on the beach and candlelit dinners (low-cal, of course)

Feel free to add me. I love to give/get encouragement :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Roseville checking in here.

I'm not terribly outdoorsy since I don't like to travel in the woods alone, though sometimes I'll poke around to take pictures.

Just started C25K and I like to bike around here and there.

Modernsoul, I love your avatar!
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Arcata, CA
    great place to live.
    forest, beach. mountains, ocean big ol trees, micro climate.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    L.A. in Hizzouse!! Pasadena area area to be exact, with a LOOOOONG commute to work in Santa Monica.

I'm a newbie to running and LOVE it! I'm currently training for my first Half-Marathon (which happens to be where that Rat that some of you were mentioning lives)

I also enjoy Zumba, Yoga, long romantic walks on the beach and candlelit dinners (low-cal, of course)

Feel free to add me. I love to give/get encouragement :)
    Wave from a fellow dena girl! I used to commute to santa monica a few years back. Torture!! Now i'm working in Arcadia and hope i never have to commute again (though i do miss the easy access to the west side!).
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Erika and I'm from the Central Valley. I was born and raised in Sanger but just recently moved to the Central Coast in Santa Barbara County. We moved to Lompoc in May and I love living so much closer to the beach! :bigsmile:
  • beachlove09
    beachlove09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im a college student and i live in LA- right next to the beach!!! i love surfing and swimming. im california born and raised and i have to be close to the water. I also love music and art- i play the piano, guitar, and french horn. i also sketch and paint with acrylics.

add me so we can swap stories :happy:
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I live in the valley, more specifically, the car theft capital of the nation (or so I have heard). Yes, folks, this city has standards!!! :p

I typically do some kind of cardio 3+ times a week, as my friends and I are training for a 5k in the spring, and I have recently begun doing strength training/muscle building with a PT 2+ times a week. I am really starting to LOVE working out!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    << San Joaquin valley birth and raised for 22 years. I lived in stockton so I enjoyed not getting shot, and walking fast through certain neighborhoods...

:laugh: So true! My husband won't go to Mexico for vacation because he says it's too dangerous right now. I keep telling him that I would be more likely to be shot in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Stockton than in Cancun, MX.

I'm from TX but moved to NorCal (south of Stockton) a couple of years ago. LOVE it here!

I work in Downtown Stockton. I think I may have PTSD from that. :laugh:
    LOL Occassionally I have class in Stockton. . . .*shivers* . . . Modesto is not much better these days, especially on the Paradise side of town!!
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I live in the foothills, about 30 miles from Stockton (work in Stockton). There's a lake about 5 miles from our house that has a nice trail, we used to walk that a lot but then we had a baby....and his stroller sucks on that trail. Currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and loving it!!! I try to take a walk at lunch, but only if I can get someone to go with me (again, I work in Stockton, I believe in the buddy system).
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am in Fresno, the raisin capitol. Grew up in San Diego and lived in Stockton for a while. Hope to someday retire to the foothills in gold country of CA. Have lived all over the country, but CA always feels like home.
    I am working on losing 85 lbs and will be running my first 5k thanksgiving.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    I live in a hole called Slodesto, errr, I mean Modesto....Great place <cough>
    Seriously, I love all of Cali and spend a lot of time in the Northern foothills and mountains.
    Love to spend time outside whenever possible...Motorcycles, biking, walking the dog.
    :drinker:
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Roseville checking in here.

I'm not terribly outdoorsy since I don't like to travel in the woods alone, though sometimes I'll poke around to take pictures.

Just started C25K and I like to bike around here and there.

Modernsoul, I love your avatar!

Love yours too. I have a Boston Pug mix too, the best of both breeds. :happy:
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm moving back to Sacramento around Christmas time after a 3 year 4 month stint in Reno, NV. I usually walk my dog or go work out on the elliptical. I do some Zumba DVDs too but I have to be in the right mood for them.
  • littlebrichiz
    Options
    I live in Farmersville about 6 miles east of Visalia.
  • mebegreen
    Options
    Saying Hello from Alameda, CA! :flowerforyou:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hey from San Diego! :)
  • linabickel
    linabickel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Saying Hi from Santa Barbara County and I like to cook, knit, read, hang out with my family and play with my granddaughter. Walking is my favorite fitness activity.