What are you currently working on?

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
I'm working on a crocheted star blanket for my niece. I've been working on it for what seems like an eternity now.

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Very nice :) I feel you on the eternity blanket! About 5 years ago I started a blanket for the boyfriend... only one more strip left! :p

Otherwise I'm working on a little football player doll for my Uncle. I've lost my knitting mojo and it seems a chore now. Maybe seeing other projects will inspire me :)
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Blankets are such a chore. My husband asked me to knit him a 6'x8' blanket in Dallas Cowboy colors for his rack. I kept trying to tell him that it would be too big for his rack, which is about the size of a coffin. He insisted and I worked like a fiend trying to get it done before he deployed. I sent it to him and he told me he couldn't take it because it was too big for his rack. :mad:

blanket1.jpg
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just finished a Star Crossed Slouchy hat last night. As soon as I quit procrastinating and get to the store I'll be starting on a series of Christmas hats that we're wearing when we do our tree lighting. We're also volunteering a couple of places during December and we'll wear our festive hats then too. :) Then I should probably quit knitting for myself and start on some of the Christmas gifts I have planned. Not doing nearly as many this year as last. Only those who were visibly excited get knitted goodness from me.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am doing some dishcloths for my girlfriends birthday.
  • lightinurlife
    Options
    I'm working on a crocheted throw for my new couch and a knitted scarf for myself. I can't wait to finish these 2 so I can dig into some dishcloths. I am obsessed with knitting dishcloths :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my main project is finishing 2 christmas stockings for my boys. they are about 5 foot tall. i need to get them done. i started them 2 years ago in november; they get brought out in november and put away in january. this year if they aren't done, i'm going to keep working on them until they are. :)
  • mandasimba
    Options
    Blankets are such a chore. My husband asked me to knit him a 6'x8' blanket in Dallas Cowboy colors for his rack. I kept trying to tell him that it would be too big for his rack, which is about the size of a coffin. He insisted and I worked like a fiend trying to get it done before he deployed. I sent it to him and he told me he couldn't take it because it was too big for his rack. :mad:

blanket1.jpg

Oh no! Men, so impracticle and never satisfied :p It is a very nice looking blanket, though! :smile:
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a wrap. I'm going to give it to my grandma for christmas. If I can figure out how to get a picture on it I will.

Update: I locked myself out of my yahoo flicker account so I'll try to get it up tomorrow. lol
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm working on bitterroot shawl. I'm stalled for the moment because I've been renovating a room (but secretly it is because I am almost to the beading section and I'm scared of beads).
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I currently working on crocheting a grey tweed baby sweater. I've never made one before, so it's quite the arduous task. But I'm about halfway done. Will post pictures when it's done.

I usually stick to scarves, blankets and hats. Does anyone share patterns?
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have just finished knitting 9 christmas gift scarves (!) and have started on a different scarf for myself. I am short on scarves and shall be knitting them for quite a while.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up some stranded mittens. The snowstorm we got last week made me start the project.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I just finished a Star Crossed Slouchy hat last night. As soon as I quit procrastinating and get to the store I'll be starting on a series of Christmas hats that we're wearing when we do our tree lighting. We're also volunteering a couple of places during December and we'll wear our festive hats then too. :) Then I should probably quit knitting for myself and start on some of the Christmas gifts I have planned. Not doing nearly as many this year as last. Only those who were visibly excited get knitted goodness from me.

Do. . you have a pattern for that hat???
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you're on Ravelry here is the link for it: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-crossed-slouchy-beret

It's a free download. If you're not on Rave just message me and I'll be glad to e-mail it to you. It's fast, easy and super cute! :)
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I can't wait to finish these 2 so I can dig into some dishcloths. I am obsessed with knitting dishcloths :)

I just made 3 dishcloths for Halloween and am probably gonna make some Thanksgiving ones. I have several different sets from Kris Knits.
  • mandasimba
    Options
    If you're on Ravelry here is the link for it: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-crossed-slouchy-beret

It's a free download. If you're not on Rave just message me and I'll be glad to e-mail it to you. It's fast, easy and super cute! :)

Cute pattern, thanks for sharing!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've been working on a basic baby blanket for a while now. I'm still learning the intricacies of crocheting, so it'll do for now. :)
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I am working on finishing a blanket i am crocheting for my neice. I feel like i have been working on it FOREVER! I am almost done though. Will post a pic when i finish.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    It's a great looking dallas blanket though. Even if he couldn't take it. :smile:
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    It's a great looking dallas blanket though. Even if he couldn't take it. :smile:

Thanks! It was the most boring thing I've ever made though. He's lucky I love him. To be fair, he uses it all the time at home.