What are you currently working on?

Options

Replies

• dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Super Mario crocheted blanket for my oldest DS. He loves Mario and it's hard to find him something that he doesn't already have. I'm guessing he won't get another one of these. It's going to take 1056 3 1/2" granny squares. I've got close to 400 done!
  • dippystick
    Options
    I also have a knitting machine, the basic incredible sweater machine, so I have 2 blankets to finish over Thanksgiving weekend. Love my knitting machine!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Super Mario crocheted blanket for my oldest DS. He loves Mario and it's hard to find him something that he doesn't already have. I'm guessing he won't get another one of these. It's going to take 1056 3 1/2" granny squares. I've got close to 400 done!

ACK! That's awesome! I love Mario! I saw a Mario rug on Ravelry made from granny squares that was incredible.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I just finished a crazy balaclava for my upcoming 10k, it's in my pics. I took a basic ribbed balaclava pattern from Ravelry & added short rows to make the ninja-facewarmer part as well as the headband part. I didn't want my whole head covered because my head gets hot, plus I can fold the whole thing down to sit around my neck if I get hot. I haven't run in it yet but I'll get a chance to soon enough.

Also made some mittens & it all matches my new running shoes. :bigsmile:

Currently working on a dark grey balaclava (full head this time) with the ninja facewarmer for my 10 yr old son.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Woo, what a task. I hope you post pictures when you are done, sounds really cool!
  • dippystick
    Options

ACK! That's awesome! I love Mario! I saw a Mario rug on Ravelry made from granny squares that was incredible.

That's the pattern I'm using, but I'm making a different square than she used. I also added over 550 extra squares to make mine square so he can use it for a blanket on his bed. It will finish up around 9x9. My son is 6'4" tall and he has a queen size bed so it should be big enough to be a nice blanket. I can get around 35 squares per each Red Heart Super Saver skeins. It takes me about 15 minutes to make each square from start to ends weaved in. You all can do the math yourself.

I keep a skein in my truck so if I get somewherre early, I can work a few sqaures or rounds. I hope to be done with the mario squares by Christmas so I'll be taking the background color with me on my 3 week Christmas vacation. I'm alone alot when my DD goes back to work and you never know when you'll get stranded in an airport. Best to be prepared.
  • dippystick
    Options

Woo, what a task. I hope you post pictures when you are done, sounds really cool!

Will do. :happy:
  • KeeleySue
    Options
    Just finished (literally, last night) a ripple baby blanket.

Currently working on getting scarves done for the 2012 Special Olympics.
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Working on a cable knit sweater for my brother, I just have to finish the sleeves and sew them on and I'll be done. It has taken me a million times longer than I ever ever thought it would! I'm also working on a cowl for my mom when I want mindless knitting.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    After taking up knitting again after a break of nearly 30 years, I just finished making a whole bunch of Christmas present scarves from Sirdar "One hour Scarf" (actually three hours each for me) which is a super-super-chunky chenille. Gave one to my brother for his birthday and he asked for a matching hat with ear flaps. Eeep!

Never knitted in the round before, never knitted a hat, I trawled the net but couldn't find a pattern for a hat that knits to 7 (yes seven) stitches to four inches - so I'm making it up as I go along. I'm now decreasing for the crown and I'm delighted with it.
  • katloaf
    Options
    In my wisdom, 6 weeks ago, I decided to knit SIL the camping pi shawl in light fingering weight to use as a christening shawl - I was planning on giving it to her for her baby shower (in 2 weeks :/ )

6 weeks later, without doing any other projects, I'm still working on it. I'm so, so over it - I'm still working on the leaves component and I just want to trash the entire thing and knit myself an awesome hat. In chunky yarn. I still have to finish these leaves, then do a border, cast off a million stitches and then block it. No one is getting anything hand knit for Christmas because it's taken so long.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I still have to finish these leaves, then do a border, cast off a million stitches and then block it. No one is getting anything hand knit for Christmas because it's taken so long.
    I do that sort of thing all the time, and I always swear I'll learn from it. Lets just say I'm getting there...

On the plus side, it will be awesome when it's blocked and you'll be SO proud of your achievement. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Oh, I hate those projects that go on and on and you just wanna throw in the towel. I still haven't finished that blanket. I haven't even worked on it for a couple weeks. I've only got 4 rounds left but every time I look at it, I want to set it on fire.
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    I decided to knit my girls shawls for Christmas gifts... I'm working on my first one for my oldest daughter.. The pattern I saw called for 4 things of bulky yarn... I'm not even halfway done with the first one and I'm already and losing interest... Hmmm.. I don't think knitting and ADHD go well together. lol.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i'm knititng norah gaughan's ditto cardigan in lorna's laces shepherd worsted in this super bright burnt yellow i made up. it's my first sweater (i'm a sock knitter). i'm loving it!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Crocheting has become my business and I'm working on a sock monkey hat for an old friend of mine he is purchasing for his girlfriend for Christmas. Then I have 2 baby owl hat's to make, plus 2 other hats not sure what they are called but I know how to make them lol. Then I think I'll be done for now, but gotta start on the gifts I plan on giving lol.
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Knitting up my first pair of socks. I'm not sure if I have the patience for them or not... such tiny needles! That said, I have done a ton of lace projects so I decided I needed to find out what all the fuss was about over handmade socks. My sock-knitting friends are obsessed!

I have teacher gifts just about finished - made a few easy, super chunky cowls. I have some luscious Malabrigo that is calling my name and I think I'm going to make a shrug. Losing weight makes me feel more positive about knitting things for my own body. Anyone else feeling that way?
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love knitting socks! i have some with amazing cables on the needles right now, You could try lace socks to combine the two?

And i just finished a manatee plushie for my friends 21st!
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Losing weight makes me feel more positive about knitting things for my own body. Anyone else feeling that way?

Mostly it just makes me feel like it'll be less expensive. :laugh:

I don't so much get the fuss about socks either. I made myself a pair and didn't like the way they felt. I have a friend that keeps begging me for socks and I keep telling her no. So last year when I posted pics of the socks I knit for my mom, she was all, "Oh, so you'll knit them for your mom, but not me?" I said, "Yup. My mom asked for them and I'm not gonna tell my mom no. I'd probably knit her a car cover if she asked me to." lol
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of socks. I just like that you can use a bunch of really obnixious colors, I couldn't make a neon pink and purple sweater (or at least one that I'd wear in public :p) I never wear them, though, because I'm afraid of ruining them!

Also, GirlAnachronism, must see a picture of the manatee! Love them and I bet it is adorable :)