Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #16

Options

Replies

• kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yay for groups.

So, I binged tonight (like really really bad). I am so stressed and my emotions are running rampant (not to mention that TOM is coming soon), so food is always my fall back. I had been getting so much better at this.... until now. :sad: This just makes me feel even more anxious now.

I really just feel like curling up into a ball and sleeping for the next month to avoid all of the work, all of the pain, all of the anxiety, and all of the hopelessness I am feeling right now. I don't want to be a downer but I have slowly been slipping into this funk for a few weeks now (and I do NOT just mean about eating/exercising... I mean my entire mood is like below the ground right now. :brokenheart: :ohwell:

I mean, this is nothing new. This happens frequently in my life (I know, not good). But, it just takes me a while to find a way to pull myself back up...

Until then, I apologize for my dreariness. :frown:

I'm concerned about you -- Please take care of yourself. I was looking at your ticker & WOW!! You have done so much work. Maybe this week's challenge of complimenting yourself will help. Life is full of hills and valleys - I hope your valley time ends soon. You came to the right place to let it out. We are here for you! I hope your day turns out to be full of happy surprises.:flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Yay for groups.

So, I binged tonight (like really really bad). I am so stressed and my emotions are running rampant (not to mention that TOM is coming soon), so food is always my fall back. I had been getting so much better at this.... until now. :sad: This just makes me feel even more anxious now.

I really just feel like curling up into a ball and sleeping for the next month to avoid all of the work, all of the pain, all of the anxiety, and all of the hopelessness I am feeling right now. I don't want to be a downer but I have slowly been slipping into this funk for a few weeks now (and I do NOT just mean about eating/exercising... I mean my entire mood is like below the ground right now. :brokenheart: :ohwell:

I mean, this is nothing new. This happens frequently in my life (I know, not good). But, it just takes me a while to find a way to pull myself back up...

:( I'm sorry. I know how that is, I do the same thing...I'm up....then I'm down (and usually drowning in food).... maybe try something new. You won't want to, but just make yourself do it. Like go to a Zumba class, or a spin class, or join a local group for a hike or something. I noticed if I'm all moody, once I get past the initial anxiety of doing it (I don't want to go, I'm tired, I don't feel like it, I don't know anyone, 1000 excuses etc)...and just force myself to go, I feel 100 times better after I leave.

I hope you find a way out of your funk!
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I was putting away my summer clothes and getting out my winter things. I came across a bunch of "skinny" jeans that I had packed away years ago when I could no longer squeeze into them. I was really rushed so I just hung them in my closet. I put a pair on this morning and they are really baggy, not quite falling off but definately need a belt. So happy that my skinny jeans are now my fat jeans. LOL
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I did my Kettlworx yesterday and luckily all of the CCC challenges were included--and for some reason planks seem easier with a kettlebell :)
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yay for groups.

Do you have medical insurance? It might be worth talking to your doctor about these issues. You don't deserve to feel so bad!

hugs!
  • kristinkt
    Options
    Day 2 of physical challenge done
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    kristinkt --
    Thank you for your support. Not sure I'm going to succeed with the compliment challenge but I will certainly try my best.

NeuroticVirgo --
    At this point, I cannot even fathom doing anything. My anxiety is through the roof (explained below) as is. But thank you for the suggestion. Maybe when I start to climb out of this hole.

pinkita--
    haha, yes I have lots of insurance. I have so many physical health issues (I take 10+ medications a day... most of them for the rest of my life and I have more doctors than I can count). I have really significant trust issues so opening up always leaves something to be desired. Everyone just wants to shove medication down my throat. But thank you for your support.

So, today was a really bad day. I got a call late last night from my head doctor with some really disappointing news, so that deepened that hole I was digging for myself. I'm ok -- just really far from myself. They are re-doing a test, so fingers crossed it comes out with a different result. I cannot even fathom what is going to happen right now.

It's about 5pm here and I have not yet had dinner. I've been in class all morning and barricaded myself upstairs away from the kitchen all afternoon so far. I have around 900 calories left for the day, as soon as I go down there, I'm probably going to start mindlessly eating just to feel secure. (I know it's not good that I have not really eaten much all day... but I was feeling really sick all morning... worrying so much). And now that I don't feel so physically sick anymore, I'm going to go down and find some dinner. I'm going to try my best not to eat everything in sight. At the least, I want today to be better than yesterday. I don't want to eat enough for 2 entire days again.

I don't like being such a downer, but I really appreciate the support from all of you.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    kristinkt --
    Thank you for your support. Not sure I'm going to succeed with the compliment challenge but I will certainly try my best.

NeuroticVirgo --
    At this point, I cannot even fathom doing anything. My anxiety is through the roof (explained below) as is. But thank you for the suggestion. Maybe when I start to climb out of this hole.

pinkita--
    haha, yes I have lots of insurance. I have so many physical health issues (I take 10+ medications a day... most of them for the rest of my life and I have more doctors than I can count). I have really significant trust issues so opening up always leaves something to be desired. Everyone just wants to shove medication down my throat. But thank you for your support.

So, today was a really bad day. I got a call late last night from my head doctor with some really disappointing news, so that deepened that hole I was digging for myself. I'm ok -- just really far from myself. They are re-doing a test, so fingers crossed it comes out with a different result. I cannot even fathom what is going to happen right now.

It's about 5pm here and I have not yet had dinner. I've been in class all morning and barricaded myself upstairs away from the kitchen all afternoon so far. I have around 900 calories left for the day, as soon as I go down there, I'm probably going to start mindlessly eating just to feel secure. (I know it's not good that I have not really eaten much all day... but I was feeling really sick all morning... worrying so much). And now that I don't feel so physically sick anymore, I'm going to go down and find some dinner. I'm going to try my best not to eat everything in sight. At the least, I want today to be better than yesterday. I don't want to eat enough for 2 entire days again.

I don't like being such a downer, but I really appreciate the support from all of you.
    Hang in there. I'm hoping and praying the second test will come out better for you. Try eating something filling and then sitting in a hot tub to relax...is that a possibility. Light a few candles and have some you time if you can. Hope things brighten for you...will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I've done my challenge and I really felt it! Thanks Jenn for the challenge!!! Trying to stay on top of the challenges! :smile:
  • shelly650
    Options
    Day 2 of challenge complete! Woohoo!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi CCC~ Well good job or feel better or it's going to be OK!!!!! I think that covers it :happy:

I was having one of those - I think I don't care and want to eat everything...days! :noway: Well I have kind of done both...the good news is with the new habits I have drilled in my head - today I ate what I wanted, made a few substituitions and now will go to running class to earn some calories for a light dinner!

Gardenip ~ Yippee on the NSV!!!! That is great now you can get rid of the fat skinny jeans and just go to the true skinny jeans:wink:

Kristin ~ I hope you are feeling better!!!! That is fun to match up or be below you DL!!!! I just checked my DL... I have 7 # to go to have the truth on mine :happy:

Pinkita ~ Well...did you have a good time at Disneyland???????????

Nevermorex ~ Gosh I am sorry you are so down. I wish there was something I could say to make it better. It sucks to be on so many meds.... are there any natural things you can take instead? Or maybe like Sugs94 says bath a cup of hot tea read a book or watch a funny movie to get your mind off what you are going through......Just no Top Chef or cooking shows....they just make me hungry:laugh: Sorry I was trying some comic relief = Hang in there :flowerforyou:

Have a Good night :heart: :heart:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Wednesday challenge done! Despite the daily challenges to get there!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Starting to lose hope of making my goal of 199. I'm back up from 214.8 to almost 218 again. :grumble: And that was before I got all grouchy and ate 4 days worth of calories today! Sometimes I think as much as I want to lose this weight in a timely manner, that its just not meant to be. I seem to lose at about half the rate that I "should" be losing...usually because I derail, but sometimes just because this fat is stubborn. Thinking maybe I should have made my goal 210 or something.. (and even that is looking so far away right now).

All I can do is keep trucking away right?
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Okay Jenn.. Found the group. Going to TRY to get the daily challenge in this week. I've been so tired it's hard to do them!! But I'm going to give it my best shot!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Today is my last day to weigh in this week since we'll be out of town. I can check in again Monday. (trying to remember which day you usually close the thread out).

As of today my current weight is 219.8.
  • leslyta
    Options
    I wanted to let yall know that I had surgery tuesday night.. An appendectomy, nothing too serious.. I was discharged last night and I get to stay a few days at home!! But from all the saline I got I think I'm retaining a lot of water; I wasnt able to eat at all tuesday, bc of the CT Scan and then surgery, not until 11pm and I have actually gained 2lbs.. So That sucks!! Hopefully I'll be less by weigh in day!! Hope yall are having a great week!! <3
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Good day all, Just wanted to let you all know that I will be away this weekend and will not be able to weigh in until either monday or I may wait till next Friday to weigh in. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I wanted to let yall know that I had surgery tuesday night.. An appendectomy, nothing too serious.. I was discharged last night and I get to stay a few days at home!! But from all the saline I got I think I'm retaining a lot of water; I wasnt able to eat at all tuesday, bc of the CT Scan and then surgery, not until 11pm and I have actually gained 2lbs.. So That sucks!! Hopefully I'll be less by weigh in day!! Hope yall are having a great week!! <3

Yikes - feel better!!!! Yes it's just water...you will be fine...ease back into eating and I hope you are up and running soon..
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I have been battling a cold this week so not much exercise going on in the way of the challenge. I did keep walking my dog so i did move some. I had a great nsv today, when I stepped on my wii this morning it told me I was normal. :flowerforyou: No more groaning every time I step on. I have gone from obese to overweight to:laugh: finally normal.
  • kristinkt
    Options
    Well I have been battling a cold this week so not much exercise going on in the way of the challenge. I did keep walking my dog so i did move some. I had a great nsv today, when I stepped on my wii this morning it told me I was normal. :flowerforyou: No more groaning every time I step on. I have gone from obese to overweight to:laugh: finally normal.

Congratulation!!! That is like a gift that keeps on giving - every time you step on your wii.

update for me - Day 3 of challenge done - I have been feeling those crunches in my stomache & something in my thighs... the JJ maybe or the crunches or maybe both. I have yet to feel like doing this challenge, but I am feeling good when I am finished. Thanks Jenn!