L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
A place to discuss your success!

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'll post!!! Just to get things going.

I started here on MFP at my highest weight ever of 147 (149 at the doc's with clothes on).

I am currently at 134.6. That's a loss of almost 13lbs in two months!! YAY!!

I've been exercising at least 25 minutes a day (except Sunday) with Jillian DVD's and also doing two days a week of cardio at the gym.
    And more than that, I have been monitoring my calories very closely and avoiding fast food/chips/candy/soda as much as possible.

I am not a superstar or a professional dieter. I am a regular average person (except for my height, right? Go, Shorties!) and I still am in shock at how well all this is working.

I still have 20lbs or so to go but my pants are starting to fit again. Yay!!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Thanks Sarah for sharing!

I know it's amazing how the downsize what you eat and upsize (lol) your activity level. I started MFP in August. Although my profile says I joined the summer of 2010 (it only lasted a day). It's going on 3 months now and I've lost 17 lbs and have about 7-12 more to go. I haven't exactly set whether I want to end at 115 or 110. I love doing all kinds of exercises, so long as I'm up and at it. Funny how just 3 months ago I HATED exercise. Now I love it!

Now that I'm feeling better with the ankles and bronchitis, I think I'm getting back on the exercise wagon today. Hope it goes well!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was so shocked at how easy it was to use this site and lose weight. I've lost 13 since joining in August. I'm happy because I'm haven't been this size in a while, but sad because all of my favorite jean/pants that I recently bought now don't fit. But I guess that means I get to go Christmas shopping!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I have been an on again off again user of this site (and others) for quite some time. It always seemed like so much hard work and nothing moved on the scale on any sort of permanent basis - so I continually gave up.

Something in me has changed in the last 3 months or so. I have knocked around 2kgs off and seem to be floating, but instead of quitting this time, I have just changed my mindset. I was never athletic as a child, much more of an artsy kid, and sport and fitness have never really been my friend. I have got to say that the improvement in my fitness level over the past few months has been nothing short of dramatic. I'm still no athlete but compared to how I was...it's life changing.

This change in fitness has left me with a sense of peace regarding this plateau. I know if I take care of the fitness, the numbers will follow when they are ready.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16.7lbs in 2 months on mfp. Yay me! I already feel better. My jeans are to big. So I started trying on some I had kept. They fit.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I started back in August and have lost 17 lbs. I'm 4'11", and trying to now find what my goal weight is (somewhere around here I believe). Now my focus is on toning (once I get my focus back).

I've lost 4 inches total. I went from a size 8 to10 jeans to a size 2/26. I went down a cup size (not sure how I feel about that, they seem saddened over the loss). I'm curvy (my waist goes in 8 inches from my hip alone) and so much sexier. I'll always have large thighs I've discovered.

I'm more confident. I'm stronger. My endurance and stamina have increased. I am more fit and healthy. I am setting a better example for my children.

I am a success. I am consistent with logging. Up to a week ago, I was consistent with exercise (I'll get my groove back once I settle into a better routine). It didn't matter what type of exercise, any type I noticed made a difference.

I am here because of wonderful people like yourselves. I am grateful. So thank you!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hallelujah!!!!!!!! After 2 weeks of illness... I was able to exercise today and didn't die! Yeah me! :smile:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love hearing these!! It is SO encouraging! I can't wait to find my waist and see if I'll have big thighs :D

I also have gone from hating exercise to actually looking forward to it! Who knew that would ever happen?! Certainly not me! I'm happier, more energetic and more willing to get out and do stuff (instead of hiding at home in huge clothes).

Such a fabulous life change already and I haven't even gotten halfway to my goal yet!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I found this site via a friend on Facebook because she was posting her completed day all the time, so I decided to try it.
    I started trying to drop pounds on December 11, 2010.
    I'm 5'1.5'' and my legs don't have any of my height.. even pants that are Short are still too long on me!
    Since Dec. I've lost a total of 37 pounds, and 15 of those were lost after joining MFP.

My pants size has dropped from a 13/14 to a 5/7.
    Which still keeps me amazed at times. I never thought I'd see a number below a 12!

I also love going to the gym for an hour 3 times a week, but that gets hard with college.. but I'm trying my best!

:)
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5'' and my legs don't have any of my height.. even pants that are Short are still too long on me!

Yeah, I have an amazingly long torso for someone so short (4"11") and have the same issue with pants. I'm somewhat amazed I can manage the feat of being on top (of, um, a horse?). Stupid little legs. And they stay rather round for me no matter muscle tone or weight loss.
  • Oceanfires
    Oceanfires Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was looking through some paperwork and realized I've lost (and maintained) a 10lbs loss and 3% body fat reduction since May '10!!! I still have a way to go but it was really nice to know I'm on the right track. I'm kicking up my activity level and started 30ds a week ago. Super excited to see how my body changes!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    put on a dress today that I purchase in July and only wore once..took progress photos

just wanted to share

dress.jpg
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Wowww Becca and Smurfette!!! You girls have done a great job and look amazing :)
  • midgetio
    midgetio Posts: 57
    Options
    18 years old and five foot, started off at 9st2 (128lbs) and I'm now 7st7 (105lbs)... sooo hard to keep motivated to exercise though!
  • GitaPitaaa
    GitaPitaaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I haven't been using MFP long enough to post about success through the site, but I've definitely had success regardless. I've gone from 123 to 107 in four years. I know everyone loves quick results, but I always remind myself that I'm living so much healthier now. It takes time for these healthy habits to form. It was slow, but I'm never going back. :)

Four years ago (at the end of high school), I weighed in at 123 (5' 1.5'' :). I always knew I carried some extra weight around my mid-section and my arms were a little thicker, but I just thought that's how I was. (I kind of always thought there was something wrong with our scale at home... >.>)

But, when I moved away for college, I was in control of my own meals. I wasn't super conscious of what I ate in the beginning, but I think the main factor was that my mom wasn't feeding me. Plus, my campus is huge. I got a lot more exercise just walking to and from classes without even realizing it.

At the end of summer 2011, I was down to 113 on a good day. That fall, I decided to start incorporating more vegetables and protein instead of filling up on refined carbs. From the start of 2012, I've been exercising and eating very healthy. I got down to 105 at one point, but a few weeks of overeating and under-exercising put me back up to 107. It's a slight step back, but it's definitely no where close to where I was. I'm happier with my body than I've ever been. I'm essentially at my goal weight, but I want to drop my body fat percentage.

I hope this shows that changes take time. While I wasn't spending every minute concerned about calories or exercise or overall intake, I was always moving away from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthier one. Even if that change was oatmeal and a banana for breakfast instead of two bowls of cereal and milk, or eliminating boxed mac n' cheese, over time it made a difference.

Before: July 2008 (~123 lbs) After: April 2012 (105 lbs)

Untitled.jpg