Motivation and Support

Options
L2M1D52
L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
Need motivation and support? Want to give motivation and support? Post here!

Replies

• Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    The greatness of being a short female, when we get down to our goal weight:

we tend to be curvy, and downright sexy :love:

our partners have no problems carrying us around

our partners have no problems moving us as necessary :blushing:

we're compact for easy travel size

we can turn anything into a bed or curl up anywhere, kinda like a cat :yawn:

we can hop up on counter tops easier if we're too lazy to grab our step stools (c'mon, I know you all have them)

we're stronger to use our "grippy thingy" to open up jars. Before we'd have that stupid thing and the bottle/can lids still wouldn't open up
    :drinker:

...Oh my there's so many many more great things about us! Let's all find out together!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a lot of success making puppy dog eyes at nearby men in the grocery aisle to get them to reach something off the top shelf for me. Since it would be somewhat inappropriate to climb the shelves since someone would see you :D

Plus, it has the added benefit of making that guys day. He gets to feel like a hero. LOL
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I tend to have a lot of success making puppy dog eyes at nearby men in the grocery aisle to get them to reach something off the top shelf for me.

I am pretty sure this is a large contributor to the fact that most of us shorties have really tall men :laugh:

The top shelf is important dammit!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options

I am pretty sure this is a large contributor to the fact that most of us shorties have really tall men :laugh:

lol, it all makes sense to me now: it is that important!
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So im really discouraged this week. Came right back up to 160lbs. Don't know if it was the scale i used or what, but im definitely down about it this week. ive been tracking my food every day, and well exercise could be better, but ive been managing about 3 times per week. Its just discouraging, because ive only got 73 days until my trip to Dominican and I feel like im getting nowhere. And to top that, the worst part is that my weight to lose is all in my stomach area....

Anyways, just needed to vent.....if you guys have any advice on trying to really speed up my weight loss i'd truly appreciate it!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    So im really discouraged this week. Came right back up to 160lbs. Don't know if it was the scale i used or what, but im definitely down about it this week. ive been tracking my food every day, and well exercise could be better, but ive been managing about 3 times per week. Its just discouraging, because ive only got 73 days until my trip to Dominican and I feel like im getting nowhere. And to top that, the worst part is that my weight to lose is all in my stomach area....

Anyways, just needed to vent.....if you guys have any advice on trying to really speed up my weight loss i'd truly appreciate it!

Well, depending on what you are already doing, you can always mix things up by eating back exercise calories or doing new exercises. You can read this link which may help. http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html. When it comes to belly fat, I'm sure majority would raise their hand on wanting that to disappear. I know I'm one of them. Until then, I continue to suck it in lol. Unfortunately we can't spot reduce and the stomach is usually the last to go. You do have a little over 2 months and I bet you'll be even slimmer. Another thing to remember is that even though we want this gone like yesterday, we didn't gain overnight so speeding up the process will either not happen or if you get it to, the weight will come back depending on your method. Don't get discouraged look at your progress already 20 lbs lost! That is alot and you shouldn't downplay it. :flowerforyou:
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello I have just started mfp about two weeks ago and this is a perfect group for me! I'm 5ft nothin and 145lbs;( I gained weight when I went to college instead of the freshman fifteen I took the sophomore thirty! And went from there less active lots of drinking and my last add was my pregnancy with twins. It's time to lose it I would love to have 115 as my goal weight but for now 125. My twins will be two in Feb and my stomach is still a mess, I don't know if my muscles will ever go back but trying. I got huge there was no where for me to carry those babies but out! Hope to support everyone as much as I can! Thanks for the group.
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a lot of success making puppy dog eyes at nearby men in the grocery aisle to get them to reach something off the top shelf for me. Since it would be somewhat inappropriate to climb the shelves since someone would see you :D

Plus, it has the added benefit of making that guys day. He gets to feel like a hero. LOL

LOL I would be nervous that my fat butt would berak the shelves lol.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

LOL I would be nervous that my fat butt would berak the shelves lol.

I'm certain that mine would completely destroy the shelves.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I did marry a man 6'1"... And I *did* meet him in a grocery store!!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    So close to the being under 60kg! Im pumped!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a lot of success making puppy dog eyes at nearby men in the grocery aisle to get them to reach something off the top shelf for me.

haha, definitely part of the reason I have a tall boyfriend. :) Almost a foot taller than me...I'm 5'0 and he's around 5'11. :) He reaches all the top shelves in the kitchen...I do however have a little step stool in case he's not around. haha
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm on the verge of dropping into the 120s and could use some extra 'cheerleaders'. If you are interested in becoming mfp friends I'll do my best to support you toward your goals, too :)
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options

That has to be why I always date guys over 6'. As of right now the only thing in my top cabinets are either things/glasses/etc that I never use or use very rarely because it gets annoying climbing up there to reach them.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    New Year New challenges is right the need to loos out weighs just about everything for me but I'm sooo sluggish even though I'm eating right I know it's because my motivation for working out is gone I'm so disgusting to myself that I don't want anyone to see me work out and jiggle around and since husband got layer off just before Christmas and is home I feel like he is looking at me laughing mainly because he does laugh but not at me just at the fact that I don't want to workout in front of him... Has anyone else had this problem and How did you get over it??
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    So in need of some encouragement, Seems I am always giving it but never getting it. Im 5 3 and have about 65 Lb to lose.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will admit it: I have climbed the shelves a little in the grocery store :blushing: . Had to, there was no one else around! And thr man I'm marrying is six feet tall, woohoo!
  • ShelleyF1108
    Options
    Perfect!
  • Ck228
    Ck228 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I too am just a little on the short side 5'1/2" lol. I am a grandmother of 3, mother of 2 daughters (one is 5'7")one wonderful son-in-law, one fur baby and a loving 6' husband. We are going to Disney as a big family in Oct. and I am soooo not ready for all the walking. I have been walking for 1 wk sometimes on the treadmill. Sometimes on my street where I live halfway up a ridge. It is a very steep hill. I lost almost 5 lbs. last week and really would like to lose that again. I know every week isnt going to be that good. I could use lots of support and friendship. Thanks and everyone have a great day:flowerforyou: