:wink:

Move over and make room for me! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:grumble:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'll just be here then - permanently - Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh! :explode:

You both are so silly! You're both doing great!! Can you believe what you've already accomplished?! No easy task and yet you are doing it!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'll just be here then - permanently - Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh! :explode:

You both are so silly! You're both doing great!! Can you believe what you've already accomplished?! No easy task and yet you are doing it!

Thank you! I just get impatient. Want everything yesterday.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely need to scream!!! I've been at this for over a year now but I stalled in April of this year with the weight loss. Now it's a yo-yo effect and I've been really hard at it this last month with exercise and I feel stronger and have entered an enticer triathlon for next Sunday. Unfortunately, just got hit with a really bad bug and now my nose is runny and I can't breathe!! Aaarrrggghhh!!! Why now! Lol, well these things happen and hopefully I can take a few days to regroup and bring it for next week :)
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon! Doesn't it seem like you only get sick when you have plans? Not that anyone plans to get sick... :wink:

I'm feeling a little grumpy, I haven't gained but I stayed the same this week. Stupid TOM. I know it could be worse and that next week will probably show my work but still! Doesn't exactly make one feel like eating a carrot stick does it?? :grumble:
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Thanks so much! In the same boat, TOM plus being sick makes me feel like I'm dying. Hope you show a good loss next week :)
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    ARRRGH TOM always comes when our challenges are due to finish and so I weigh and it looks like I have done NOTHING lol

STUPID TOM
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    SCREAM! 1.5 gain. WTH! Stay within 1200, try to keep carbs low (125) exercise 45-60/4 times a week. Not sure what to do now.
    I felt that I watched closely this week and exercises a bit more, but I had a bad feeling about my Friday morning weigh-in, but didn't think it would increase! #$%^

I've always said that moderation is the key, but I guess I'm wrong. I guess I should live off of peanut butter, apples, V8, and green beans.
    Sorry I'm so negative this morning. 2-3 pound loss per month is getting to me and then when I gain.....

Friends-I truly hope that your efforts aren't this bad.

Here's some changes I made and let me know if you have any other advise.
    Changed calories from 1150 to 1200 and went with all the MFP recommendations, except decreased the carb to 125.
    Changed my exercise goals from 4/week at 30minutes to 4/week at 45 minutes.

I don't know if this matters, but I'm 5'2" and some people think it's ok to drop the calorie level abit, like 1000-1100. Any thoughts on that?
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Feel like I need to scream...but my voice won;t let me. I have come down with a "bug" and haven't been able to shake it. I'm hoping that I get through the weekend and Monday is my "back to exercise" day. I have been off with water, eating, and exercise and feel like I have negated all the hard work I have done in the past weeks.

Getting moving again, I hope.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options

Changed calories from 1150 to 1200 and went with all the MFP recommendations, except decreased the carb to 125.

I don't know if this matters, but I'm 5'2" and some people think it's ok to drop the calorie level abit, like 1000-1100. Any thoughts on that?

When you're short, you can go as low as 800 calories but only up to 4 weeks due to not getting enough nutrition (according to a dietician). You shouldn't do this more than a couple of times a year. I didn't do it at all, I wouldn't be able to: I'm always hungry it seems. What helps me the most is when I dropped my fat to 25% and upped protein to 30%.
    And then I incorporated weight/strength training. From what I understand (no where near an expert) is that when you're done with cardio- you're just done. But with muscle, it continue to burn fat even during periods of rest. That's what broke my plateau.
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    thanks for your information. might try nudging the calories down again and working a bit more on strength. I'm willing to try!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great information! its nice to get some needed advice especially when we all have those periods of plateau! I'll be sure to incorporate more strength/weight training this week!

When you're short, you can go as low as 800 calories but only up to 4 weeks due to not getting enough nutrition (according to a dietician). You shouldn't do this more than a couple of times a year. I didn't do it at all, I wouldn't be able to: I'm always hungry it seems. What helps me the most is when I dropped my fat to 25% and upped protein to 30%.
    And then I incorporated weight/strength training. From what I understand (no where near an expert) is that when you're done with cardio- you're just done. But with muscle, it continue to burn fat even during periods of rest. That's what broke my plateau.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! In the same boat, TOM plus being sick makes me feel like I'm dying. Hope you show a good loss next week :)

UUUUGHHHH......!!!! This is the worst, it just happend to me last week. Feel better
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Here's my vent.
    I can't stop eating!! I KNOW I'm not hungry, yet all I want to do is eat.
    I am THISCLOSE to hitting my final goal of 120lbs (I'm 5foot even). It's taken me over a year to get here and only NOW does it seem I can't stop the munchies. I did SO WELL all this time. Until now. I'm getting more disappointed because my HRM is showing such small numbers (I know it's because I don't burn as much being smaller than I was)....but the disappointment isn't because the burn is small, it's because I only worked out so I could eat and it's not enough. :grumble:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Not sure if I should growl or whine. Haven't accomplished much in the exercise department this week. I've had an upper respiratory infection. Getting better but not completelly back to normal. Walked today and it kicked my backside. But I did it! I love this time of year but it seems that when the seasons change I get sick! Hopefully my immune system will get better as my fitness improves.
  • forthefab5
    Options

UUUUGHHHH......!!!! This is the worst, it just happend to me last week. Feel better

Thanks for the kind words :)

I'm starting to feel better but with almost a week off training, I'm really thinking twice about competing in my triathlon on Sunday and I'm really sad. It was to be my first one in 3 years...
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stupid husband belittling my effort GRRRR.

i'm trying to log my two mile run (no walking YAY!) outside (YAY!) at night (YAY) and I can't log it at the pace it was. I did 2miles in 22mins so a pretty solid 11min mile which is 5.4 mph. Of course on here, I can only put 5.2 or 5 or 6mph and I was irritated, wanting to get as accurate a calorie burn as possible (because obviously it might mean I can have a glass of wine or some crisps tonight) and *kitten* just says "does it really matter?" uhm, YEEEESSSS!!!! GRRRR.

He, by the way, is not a skinny minny so he can't really be talking but he runs at a pace of 7.5 for 40+mins (USMC) so my measly 2miles in 22mins is pathetic to him. It really isn't to me so I need to just smack him but it's annoying that he's not even remotely encouraging of me :(
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    STUPID TOM!!! GRRRR! Ruining my numbers!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    STUPID TOM!!! GRRRR! Ruining my numbers!

The one benefit to being 53...I may never have to see that a** TOM again! (No TOM for 6 months-fingers crossed that I've seen the last of him!)