Glamazon NSV's

Options
13»

Replies

• LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    ...I didn't have a loss on the scale this morning, so I was a bit miffed. But I got the exact boost I needed from a woman whose name I do not even know. Just goes to show the power of your words and the impact they can have on those around you.

Say something nice to someone today, and be genuine. It may be exactly what they need to hear...

I know it's been a long time since the original post, but I've just come across this forum so I'm having fun reading all the old stuff. This post just blessed me so much!

Our words DO matter.....what we say to others....what we say to OURSELVES.

Thanks OP for sharing!
  • LoriInIowa
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, but just thought about the t-shirt I got this morning from a friend. We're helping serve at a benefit for a friend with cancer...and they asked us a couple weeks ago what size t-shirts my hubby and I wanted. I told them an XL for each of us. (6' 5" hubby is a beanpole with a little tummy). And, I know I'm nowhere NEAR my old 2XL's, but hey, I thought I want to be comfortable---not look like a sausage casing.

Anyway, I tried the XL on....and it's TOO big!! Nice and loose. Goodness!! What a lovely NSV!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just had an unexpected WOO HOO moment. For the first time in a decade I was able to take my wedding rings off. Not that I want to take them off, it's just nice to know I can if I need to.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just had an unexpected WOO HOO moment. For the first time in a decade I was able to take my wedding rings off. Not that I want to take them off, it's just nice to know I can if I need to.

Oh that is a great woohoo moment! Good work!
  • LoriInIowa
    Options

Word of caution, when they start sliding up and down by your knuckle--TAKE THEM OFF!!! :)
    Word-from-the-not-so-wise. I lost my wedding band two days ago. Thankfully I KNOW it's IN our house because I can remember taking both rings off (one on left hand, one on right hand) to put hand lotion on earlier that evening.

Later, while putting laundry away, I looked down and saw the ring from my right hand on the floor! Yikes! Hadn't evn felt it come off. Looked at my left hand only to discover my wedding band was OFF as well. :(

STILL looking. :::::::::::big, sad sigh:::::::::::
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    :noway: Sorry your ring is missing. hope you find it. I will be very careful when they start sliding around. Thanks for the heads up.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm in a challenge and we had to measure ourselves for the one month of the challenge. I have lost 11 and 1/2 inches in one month.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm in a challenge and we had to measure ourselves for the one month of the challenge. I have lost 11 and 1/2 inches in one month.
    That's incredible!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options

that is amazing!!! keep it up!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. :) I'm new to this group and haven't posted much on the boards. I'm down 19 pounds since February and one of the security guards stopped me as I was getting onto the elevator this morning to ask me if I'd lost weight. Woohoo! I didn't think anyone had noticed. :) Just had to share!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. :) I'm new to this group and haven't posted much on the boards. I'm down 19 pounds since February and one of the security guards stopped me as I was getting onto the elevator this morning to ask me if I'd lost weight. Woohoo! I didn't think anyone had noticed. :) Just had to share!

way to go! i love when people i consider semi-strangers notice & compliment! keep it up!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    that is awesome! nice job on the 19 lbs :O) and yeah... people noticing is awesome... random people noticing is even awesome-er! :O)
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I went to 2 different birthday parties lastnight. One of a friend and one for our nephew. I had so many of my husband's friend complimenting me on my weight loss. One even said," Everyone is says you have to see Kelli you won't even recognize her anymore." He didn't know what they were talking about until he saw me lastnight. He couldn't believe how good I looked. I felt so good to hear all those compliments and keep up the good work.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jenn152
    Options
    That is such HUGE thing! congrats on getting to experience that feeling :O)